I told my buddy Wii U isn't selling well. He was like "wow wish I had $350.....

#21BigReedPosted 12/14/2012 10:49:37 PM
Assuming everyone is poor is fun!
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#22midgarPosted 12/14/2012 10:49:52 PM
paradicio12 posted...
knightimex posted...
paradicio12 posted...
so ur friend is 12 yrs old and doesnt have a job

thats basically what TC is saying

Or he has a job and pays bills......

strange considering my friends have jobs yet pay their bills and buy consoles too

yet still living with mom and dad.

The only bills they have is likely cell phone, and car insurance bills.

Not everyone on GFaqs is living at home with mommy. In fact, I'd be surprised if there weren't more 20 somethings than anything.

I have a mortgage, cable, cell, power, water, trash, insurance, groceries, a dog, 2 young boys (2 and 5), and my wife only works part
time to be home with them more. I only make 40k a year as a civ, but we get by easily because we're not idiots with money. All of my
adult friends who game have no trouble affording what they want either. The only people who realistically can't afford it are people who
either live beyond their means, or just don't save. Literally the reason I LOL when I see a new BMW or Hummer parked in a low rent
apartment complex. Most people prioritize the wrong things, dig themselves into a hole, and then blame the f****** economy for their idiocy.
---
"The key to happiness is disinterest mingled with mild contempt."
Better living through apathy. If you're into that sort of thing.
#23knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 10:56:18 PM
paradicio12 posted...
where are you getting this stuff that me and my friends live with mom and dad? I have a house and pay my bills and buy consoles, its not difficult. Tell your friend to stop blowing all his money on alcohol, then he can play video games.

You just said this.

Your friends = millions of others exactly the same.
No.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#24DeltaProjPosted 12/15/2012 12:57:26 AM
knightimex posted...
paradicio12 posted...
so ur friend is 12 yrs old and doesnt have a job

thats basically what TC is saying

Or he has a job and pays bills......
Wait until you have to live on your own....
That one job doesn't grant you vast fortune like you want to believe.

He makes $11hr.
Not everyone can be doctors, managers, and presidents either.

Um...I make 10/hr, live on my own, and could afford one just fine. Your friend may have to set some money aside, but that's to be expected with any big-ish purchase.
---
"I think about us lying, lying on a beach somewhere. I think about us diving, diving off a rock, into another moment"
3DS FC: 5327-0898-0358
#25gamebuyer22Posted 12/15/2012 1:00:44 AM
Metazoidd posted...
I don't see how it's overpriced in any way shape or form. If you think about it, a gpu is usually what ~100 bucks, a cpu same plus everything else AND the gamepad. 350 isn't a lot especially for a new system.

Well honestly it offers less and costs more than systems we have been playing the last 7 and 6 years.
#26jairusmonillasPosted 12/15/2012 1:03:16 AM
Metazoidd posted...
I don't see how it's overpriced in any way shape or form. If you think about it, a gpu is usually what ~100 bucks, a cpu same plus everything else AND the gamepad. 350 isn't a lot especially for a new system.

350 is alot for an outdated tech, and PC is not only used for games, its used for almost everything in life not just games don't even compare the lowly wii u to a high end PC who can do everything.
#27IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/15/2012 1:46:13 AM
Man, wonder how this guy was acting when the PS2 launched at $299 and sold MASSIVELY.
#28Hello10000Posted 12/15/2012 1:47:41 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Man, wonder how this guy was acting when the PS2 launched at $299 and sold MASSIVELY.

Probably had a heart attack.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kingler]
Pokemon White FC: 3267 4497 6644 Name: Ash
#29TalentedMPosted 12/15/2012 1:56:30 AM(edited)
jairusmonillas posted...

350 is alot for an outdated tech, and PC is not only used for games, its used for almost everything in life not just games don't even compare the lowly wii u to a high end PC who can do everything.

What does the Wii not do that the PC can do? I compiled a list in my head and so far my Wii U can do all of those and didn't cost me the 900$ I spent on my gaming PC (not including the steam games and $350 monitor I have for it).

Hell my Wii U can control my TV. My pc cant do that without a dongle! and my PC cost me 3x what the Wii U did.

I just want to know if I am missing something.

EDIT: I thought of something, I cant write code or run photoshop on my Wii U. How could I forget those things. I guess that is all I could think that I can't do.

EDIT#2: I also think PC master race, but to make silly statements... Well... Cmon now.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#30MathewMansonPosted 12/15/2012 1:51:39 AM
What confuses me is that this dude is the usual Nintendo fanboy. Now we have him making claims that make absolute no sense--just against Nintendo. What drugs are you on? Can I buy some? I've only got a twenty here and it's not enough.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.