I told my buddy Wii U isn't selling well. He was like "wow wish I had $350.....

#31Hello10000Posted 12/15/2012 1:52:45 AM
While this pertains to all consoles. I can mod and upgrade my pc without getting locked out or whatever. Once I buy or make a pc, its completely mine.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of Kingler]
Pokemon White FC: 3267 4497 6644 Name: Ash
#32Ranmaru-2Posted 12/15/2012 1:57:10 AM
You know you don't have to buy the deluxe version right? In which case it's $300.
---
http://i.imgur.com/z8a00.jpg http://i.imgur.com/SuOwk.jpg http://i.imgur.com/M77et.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cbxTS.jpg http://i.imgur.com/LNSiX.jpg
#33jedinatPosted 12/15/2012 2:04:41 AM
TalentedM posted...
What does the Wii not do that the PC can do? I compiled a list in my head and so far my Wii U can do all of those and didn't cost me the 900$ I spent on my gaming PC (not including the steam games and $350 monitor I have for it).

Hell my Wii U can control my TV. My pc cant do that without a dongle! and my PC cost me 3x what the Wii U did.

I just want to know if I am missing something.

EDIT: I thought of something, I cant write code or run photoshop on my Wii U. How could I forget those things. I guess that is all I could think that I can't do.

EDIT#2: I also think PC master race, but to make silly statements... Well... Cmon now.

lol, don't be ridiculous. I could start listing things but I'd never come to the end.
#34DBPanterAPosted 12/15/2012 2:11:23 AM
knightimex posted...
paradicio12 posted...
so ur friend is 12 yrs old and doesnt have a job

thats basically what TC is saying

Or he has a job and pays bills......
Wait until you have to live on your own....
That one job doesn't grant you vast fortune like you want to believe.

He makes $11hr.
Not everyone can be doctors, managers, and presidents either.

Which is why I picked up a second job on the weekends after their E3 announcement in June 2011. $350 today, adjusted for inflation, is dirt cheap compared to the prices of consoles from yesteryear.

Video games is a form of entertainment in which those entertaining are trying to make money. They are not there to make you happy. The prices for video games (hardware and software) are historically the lowest they have ever been. Everyone knows that all the games come out between Sept-Dec every year, so capitalize on X-mas.

The issue is people do not save their money or budget properly. I do not make much money, but picked up a part-time job to have money for my "video games," and people need to prioritize better. Most people spend money foolishly (not saying you or your friend do), but many things people possess or subscribe to are not needed.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#35TKUKGPosted 12/15/2012 2:17:23 AM
$350 is a big chunk of change out of one paycheck. But here's what most normal people do.. Get ready for the secret. They SAVE OVER TIME.
#36DBPanterAPosted 12/15/2012 2:19:51 AM
TKUKG posted...
$350 is a big chunk of change out of one paycheck. But here's what most normal people do.. Get ready for the secret. They SAVE OVER TIME.

Exactly. Throwing 10-20 bucks into an savings account or piggy bank in June 2011 when they announced the console would have helped out a lot. Even chilling on spend money on things not needed this past summer (20 here, 50 there, 100 there) would have helped as well.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#37Deimos259Posted 12/15/2012 2:20:31 AM
You are the friend.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#38jillwarrenPosted 12/15/2012 3:01:17 AM
I guess he could have started saving OVER A YEAR AGO when they announced they were working on it. 52 weeks in a year; 10 bucks a week leaves you with $520 to spend on whatever you want.

I understand WiiU is not for everyone; I do not think that saying its price point is too high is a legitimate compliant. It is priced just fine for what it can do.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I owe Jesus everything; I love you Lord
#39TalentedMPosted 12/15/2012 3:10:08 AM
jedinat posted...
TalentedM posted...
What does the Wii not do that the PC can do? I compiled a list in my head and so far my Wii U can do all of those and didn't cost me the 900$ I spent on my gaming PC (not including the steam games and $350 monitor I have for it).

Hell my Wii U can control my TV. My pc cant do that without a dongle! and my PC cost me 3x what the Wii U did.

I just want to know if I am missing something.

EDIT: I thought of something, I cant write code or run photoshop on my Wii U. How could I forget those things. I guess that is all I could think that I can't do.

EDIT#2: I also think PC master race, but to make silly statements... Well... Cmon now.

lol, don't be ridiculous. I could start listing things but I'd never come to the end.

It doesn't matter thats not the reason people buy consoles. I own a easily $1400 gaming PC not to count the chair and desk I sit in so I can honestly say that it isn't why people get a console. It is for the ease of use.

The thing can browse the web, purchase games on the fly, is backwards compatable, plays netflix and go on youtube (the app sucks and needs work), it can get demos of upcoming games, control your TV and when TVii comes out possibly even more, you can chat on Miiverse and even 1on1 chat with someone else. The thing isn't some crippled puppy, it is just getting walking and I think so far it makes for an easy to use and sleek small system that does everything the others do easy.

No one asks for a console to be a PC... That would be silly. But if I am on my WiiU and I don't wanna go to my PC I can browse the web right there or watch a youtube video or if I want to relax just sit on my couch. I play the PC to play the PC, so I don't hook it up to my TV... Seems pointless to me (even though Big Picture is pretty awesome).

You can't list anything because it does everything a PC can do or that you would want a PC to do for every day use. Netflix, Web Browsing (and everything that goes with it) and videogames. So... What else would you like?

I don't honestly think you can come up with a list of things...
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#40wonton2112Posted 12/15/2012 3:17:35 AM(edited)
knightimex posted...
paradicio12 posted...
so ur friend is 12 yrs old and doesnt have a job

thats basically what TC is saying

Or he has a job and pays bills......
Wait until you have to live on your own....
That one job doesn't grant you vast fortune like you want to believe.

He makes $11hr.
Not everyone can be doctors, managers, and presidents either.

Edit: Just realized TC isn't even in here anymore. Ah well.