I told my buddy Wii U isn't selling well. He was like "wow wish I had $350.....

#41jillwarrenPosted 12/15/2012 2:16:05 AM
TalentedM posted...
jedinat posted...
TalentedM posted...
What does the Wii not do that the PC can do? I compiled a list in my head and so far my Wii U can do all of those and didn't cost me the 900$ I spent on my gaming PC (not including the steam games and $350 monitor I have for it).

Hell my Wii U can control my TV. My pc cant do that without a dongle! and my PC cost me 3x what the Wii U did.

I just want to know if I am missing something.

EDIT: I thought of something, I cant write code or run photoshop on my Wii U. How could I forget those things. I guess that is all I could think that I can't do.

EDIT#2: I also think PC master race, but to make silly statements... Well... Cmon now.

lol, don't be ridiculous. I could start listing things but I'd never come to the end.

It doesn't matter thats not the reason people buy consoles. I own a easily $1400 gaming PC not to count the chair and desk I sit in so I can honestly say that it isn't why people get a console. It is for the ease of use.

The thing can browse the web, purchase games on the fly, is backwards compatable, plays netflix and go on youtube (the app sucks and needs work), it can get demos of upcoming games, control your TV and when TVii comes out possibly even more, you can chat on Miiverse and even 1on1 chat with someone else. The thing isn't some crippled puppy, it is just getting walking and I think so far it makes for an easy to use and sleek small system that does everything the others do easy.

No one asks for a console to be a PC... That would be silly. But if I am on my WiiU and I don't wanna go to my PC I can browse the web right there or watch a youtube video or if I want to relax just sit on my couch. I play the PC to play the PC, so I don't hook it up to my TV... Seems pointless to me (even though Big Picture is pretty awesome).

You can't list anything because it does everything a PC can do or that you would want a PC to do for every day use. Netflix, Web Browsing (and everything that goes with it) and videogames. So... What else would you like?

I don't honestly think you can come up with a list of things...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Wii-U; but it can't play some of my favorite games, like King's Quest VI, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, or Star Wars Battlefront 2. I also can't do serious school work on it. You can't seriously be trying to back up that blanket statement? The Wii-U can't even play my CDs. I love the system, and I like what it offers, but there is no way you can seriously be suggesting that the PC can't do anything it can't.
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I owe Jesus everything; I love you Lord
#42schadowPosted 12/15/2012 2:17:14 AM
We don't do Thanksgiving in my country, so I have the spare cash for a WiiU.
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#43TalentedMPosted 12/15/2012 2:25:41 AM
jillwarren posted...

Don't get me wrong, I love my Wii-U; but it can't play some of my favorite games, like King's Quest VI, Warcraft 3, Diablo 2, or Star Wars Battlefront 2. I also can't do serious school work on it. You can't seriously be trying to back up that blanket statement? The Wii-U can't even play my CDs. I love the system, and I like what it offers, but there is no way you can seriously be suggesting that the PC can't do anything it can't.

Oh wow, just wow. This is the list that would never end?....

I give up on this community. This is the day and post where I just can't even think that people exist like this. What kind of statement is this?

It can't play CDs or my games from 10+ years ago!

It can't play my snes cartredges either or my xbox games despite being the same format. It also can't run photoshop or any other programs it isn't built for.

Did you just ignore my whole point I made? I said it doesn't replace a PC and was never meant to. What don't you get about it. It will never and can't replace a PC just like none of the others can either.

You can't seriously be using this as your reasoning. Seriously... You can't.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#44jedinatPosted 12/15/2012 11:49:13 AM
TalentedM posted...
You can't list anything because it does everything a PC can do or that you would want a PC to do for every day use. Netflix, Web Browsing (and everything that goes with it) and videogames. So... What else would you like?

I don't honestly think you can come up with a list of things...

calibre, ebook management
mp3tag, audiobook metadata management
interfacing/managing all my devices (a long list in itself)
encoding video
torrenting
manga (the way I do it)
web browsing (the way I do it)
video (all the formats)
file archiving
word processing
file management (renaming/sorting, etc.)
image manipulation
printing
the entire library of programs I use
etc...

I mean, come on, I shouldn't even have to start listing, it's obvious. My $150 tablet has more utility than the Wii U.
#45Dragongod165Posted 12/15/2012 12:02:47 PM(edited)
lol @ this topic

"Wii U isn't a PC"
"Wii U isn't a tablet"

Well thank you Captain Obvious. LOGIC
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"
#46ThreinfhirPosted 12/15/2012 12:09:13 PM
midgar posted...
paradicio12 posted...
knightimex posted...
paradicio12 posted...
so ur friend is 12 yrs old and doesnt have a job

thats basically what TC is saying

Or he has a job and pays bills......

strange considering my friends have jobs yet pay their bills and buy consoles too

yet still living with mom and dad.

The only bills they have is likely cell phone, and car insurance bills.

Not everyone on GFaqs is living at home with mommy. In fact, I'd be surprised if there weren't more 20 somethings than anything.

I have a mortgage, cable, cell, power, water, trash, insurance, groceries, a dog, 2 young boys (2 and 5), and my wife only works part
time to be home with them more. I only make 40k a year as a civ, but we get by easily because we're not idiots with money. All of my
adult friends who game have no trouble affording what they want either. The only people who realistically can't afford it are people who
either live beyond their means, or just don't save. Literally the reason I LOL when I see a new BMW or Hummer parked in a low rent
apartment complex. Most people prioritize the wrong things, dig themselves into a hole, and then blame the f****** economy for their idiocy.

THIS! I'm twenty four, newly married and looking into buying a house. Saving for a decent down payment, closing costs, etc. and still managed to pay for a deluxe Wii U on launch.
---
NNID: Threinfhir
#47RAPTall1Posted 12/15/2012 12:09:31 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
Metazoidd posted...
I don't see how it's overpriced in any way shape or form. If you think about it, a gpu is usually what ~100 bucks, a cpu same plus everything else AND the gamepad. 350 isn't a lot especially for a new system.

Well honestly it offers less and costs more than systems we have been playing the last 7 and 6 years.

360 launch price: $400
PS3 launch price: $400, $500, or $600

And $300-350 is worse... how?

Also, you get Nintendoland with the deluxe purchase included. I actually don't know if you got anything with the 360 or PS3 at launch, so I'd need somebody to confirm either way for me.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#48knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 12:13:58 PM
ITT: Everyone can afford a wii u because they have a job.

Yet recession is still a reality....
---
Old School Games FTW!
#49Oni_TaedoPosted 12/15/2012 12:14:57 PM
knightimex posted...
paradicio12 posted...

Wait until you have to live on your own....
That one job doesn't grant you vast fortune like you want to believe.

He makes $11hr.
Not everyone can be doctors, managers, and presidents either.

Tell him to become one.
It's his fault he doesn't have a better job.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#50knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 12:18:38 PM(edited)
Oni_Taedo posted...
knightimex posted...
paradicio12 posted...

Wait until you have to live on your own....
That one job doesn't grant you vast fortune like you want to believe.

He makes $11hr.
Not everyone can be doctors, managers, and presidents either.

Tell him to become one.
It's his fault he doesn't have a better job.

LOL I dare you to show your name, and face while saying that on national TV.
---
Old School Games FTW!