GTA 5 All But Confirmed For WiiU

#81Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/16/2012 2:04:37 PM
Sonic is consistently better received on Nintendo consoles (for an example, compare IGN's review score for the wii version of Unleashed to the HD version. )I'm also pretty sure they generally sell better on Nintendo consoles, which would go along with those better review scores.

Yes. The awful Sonic games are slightly less awful on the wii.

From what I understand, Monster Hunter Tri actually did a lot better over here then the previous Monster Hunter games... That's coming from my friend who's a huge fan of the series, which I am not, so don't quote me on that one. If I'm wrong here, then I'm wrong.

A lot better is a stretch. It sold marginally better despite the much larger install base.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#82sonicfanaticjtbPosted 12/16/2012 2:13:49 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Sonic is consistently better received on Nintendo consoles (for an example, compare IGN's review score for the wii version of Unleashed to the HD version. )I'm also pretty sure they generally sell better on Nintendo consoles, which would go along with those better review scores.

Yes. The awful Sonic games are slightly less awful on the wii.

From what I understand, Monster Hunter Tri actually did a lot better over here then the previous Monster Hunter games... That's coming from my friend who's a huge fan of the series, which I am not, so don't quote me on that one. If I'm wrong here, then I'm wrong.

A lot better is a stretch. It sold marginally better despite the much larger install base.

Actually, from what I have heard, the wii version of unleashed is pretty watered down in comparison to the HD version... Meaning that the wii version was technically worse but still did better than the hd version.

Marginally better is still better.

Icecreamdunwich stated that Nintendo users historically don't buy 3rd party games. What I've provided are examples where the games actually do better on other consoles (sonic and, if my friend and now you are correct, Monster Hunter ) or games that do surprisingly well (ace attorney ). The quality of the games or how much better they do on Ninty consoles is irrelevant.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#83Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/16/2012 2:16:54 PM
Actually, from what I have heard, the wii version of unleashed is pretty watered down in comparison to the HD version... Meaning that the wii version was technically worse but still did better than the hd version.

They did better because the wiis audience was much larger especially with little children (Sonics core demographic). This is not a testament to the quality of the game. It is the same reason games like Carnival Games sell much better on the wii.

Marginally better is still better.

Yes but it is not "a lot better" which is what you originally said. I was simply correcting you.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#84BuretsuPosted 12/16/2012 2:18:36 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

They did better because the wiis audience was much larger especially with little children (Sonics core demographic)

Every Sonic fan I know is at least old enough to legally purchase and consume alcohol.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#85Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/16/2012 2:21:36 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

They did better because the wiis audience was much larger especially with little children (Sonics core demographic)

Every Sonic fan I know is at least old enough to legally purchase and consume alcohol.

Thats nice. That does not change the core demographic of Sonic games.
---
#86Golden MavenPosted 12/16/2012 2:28:33 PM
Oh look, the NDF suddenly cares about GTA again. They'll go right back to cursing its name once Rockstar comes out and confirms that the Wii-U will not be getting it.

Better get the most out of Lego Island, because that's all you're getting.
#87sonicfanaticjtbPosted 12/16/2012 2:31:42 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

They did better because the wiis audience was much larger especially with little children (Sonics core demographic). This is not a testament to the quality of the game. It is the same reason games like Carnival Games sell much better on the wii.

Yes but it is not "a lot better" which is what you originally said. I was simply correcting you.

I never said anything 'bout the quality of the game, just that it sold well. As far as what icecreamdunwich originally said (which was what I was replying to ), quality is irrelevant.

*shrugs* That's cool.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#88BuretsuPosted 12/16/2012 2:33:12 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

You mean it doesn't change what you THINK is the core demographic.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#89Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/16/2012 2:37:53 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

You mean it doesn't change what you THINK is the core demographic.

Hopefully your friends are not as insecure about their game buying choices as you are.
---
#90ColorfulColorsPosted 12/16/2012 2:38:35 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Oh look, the NDF suddenly cares about GTA again. They'll go right back to cursing its name once Rockstar comes out and confirms that the Wii-U will not be getting it.

Better get the most out of Lego Island, because that's all you're getting.

Show me where we stopped caring about GTA.
---
SSJ4CHRIS: The troll with anger issues
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000