Blinking red light.

#1BlackChristmasPosted 12/16/2012 11:26:32 AM
Ok here we go.

Bought my system on launch day. Around November 28th, one morning I tried to turn my system on and it didn"t. Nothing happening, blinking red light.Tried a lot of things, looked on the net and finally decided to call Nintendo.

After a couple of questions, we finally solved my problem by disconnecting the AC adapter from the system and the wall outlet for 2 minutes and putting it back. Basically we did a reset.

Everything was working perfectly until 3 days ago. It did it again. So I tried the whole "reset" thing. Nothing. Did it several times while using different outlets. Same result. Been working a lot these days so I didn't have the time to call Nintendo whatever.

Today I'm off. Tried it again before calling Nintendo.Nada. Transferred the whole setup from my bedroom to the living room. Plugged everything. It's working again.

Now this is driving me nuts. I'm gonna call Nintendo but i don't think they'll know the answer so I'll ask here. Could it be that I have a faulty AC adapter? I mean the Wii U is working PERFECTLY right now but every now and then, I can't turn the system on.

They're selling adapters on the Nintendo store and and I'm wondering if I should get one.

Thank you for your help.
#200snakewalrusPosted 12/16/2012 11:30:41 AM
I am going to assume that you are an actual person with an actual problem. Please don't make me regret it. It does sound like a problem with the AC adapter, but rather then just buying one at Gamestop, explain the problem to them, and make sure to ask them if you can return the adapter if it doesn't fix the problem. If you can't, you still have warranty on it so you can replace it.
#3DrRMPosted 12/16/2012 11:30:52 AM
I think it have to do with your house electricity and the adapte, not the system...

If the energy on your house is unbalanced or fluctuate too much it will harm any electronic not only the wii u (it just happen to be more sensible).

^ all that is a theory so don't quote me on that.
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#4TKUKGPosted 12/16/2012 11:35:01 AM
It's a power problem. Check if your system is getting hot.
#5dbhomiePosted 12/16/2012 11:48:44 AM
You'll be safe as long as you don't get the BDOD (Basically the Wii U equivilent of the RROD) as seen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gWA9JZj4Xw

In order to avoid this you need to sever all ties with the Nintendo online service and also change your Mii Verse language to english only so you dont pick up foregion bugs and the like.

Or better yet dont update your Wii U upon setting it up, just refure the disclaimer k, thnx, bai.
---
My PBR friend code is: 2105-7453-9147
#6IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/16/2012 11:51:41 AM
Sadly the Wii U is very prone to hardware and software bugs, some even resulting in bricks. Call Nintendo they are the only ones that can help you at this point.
#7dbhomiePosted 12/16/2012 12:38:34 PM
^ What good are nintendo to fix this, I have a mate who send theirs back and once they got it the same thing happened again.

It's down to updating it with connecting the internet upon set up which depends on how your Wii U lives or not,.
---
My PBR friend code is: 2105-7453-9147
#8endoflevelbossPosted 12/16/2012 12:40:18 PM
dbhomie posted...
^ What good are nintendo to fix this, I have a mate who send theirs back and once they got it the same thing happened again.

It's down to updating it with connecting the internet upon set up which depends on how your Wii U lives or not,.

Makes sense. Zero sense that is.
#9TKUKGPosted 12/16/2012 12:40:26 PM
Don't listen to icetrollwitch.
The WiiU isn't prone to ANYTHING.
#10BlackChristmas(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 12:56:33 PM
Well it happened again this morning so long story short, the system and the AC adapter are on their way to the repair center...with the ZombiU disc stuck in it LOL.

Thank you everyone for your help. I don't care how long it takes, I just hope they're going to solve my problem once and for all.