For a day, you run Nintendo!

#21Captain_NESPosted 12/16/2012 2:34:49 PM
1.Buy Ark System Works
2.Give them sway over the fighting genre of WII U with an emphasis on gamepad for "build you fighter stats/story mode/awesome stuff" while relying on Nintendo's experience and guidance from senior members to establish brand power in terms of software.
=)
---
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!
#22P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 2:36:55 PM
Captain_NES posted...
1.Buy Ark System Works
2.Give them sway over the fighting genre of WII U with an emphasis on gamepad for "build you fighter stats/story mode/awesome stuff" while relying on Nintendo's experience and guidance from senior members to establish brand power in terms of software.
=)

That sounds awesome. Just, please, have them complete the Guilty Gear series! They just need one more game! And I refuse to look at Blazblu before GF os complete.
---
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
#23HeaderHogPosted 12/16/2012 2:36:58 PM
1. I would develop a new game with a new IP.
2. I would develop another game, a 3D Mario game.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#24Captain_NESPosted 12/16/2012 2:40:56 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Captain_NES posted...
1.Buy Ark System Works
=)

That sounds awesome. Just, please, have them complete the Guilty Gear series! They just need one more game! And I refuse to look at Blazblu before GF os complete.

Of course and none of that GUILTY GEAR 2 Gibberish either. Hell I did give them a smash bros spin off just to test the waters with plenty of guilty gear/blaz blue/fist of the north star characters if possible. I know they dont own fist of the north star but come on Kenshiro and Raoh vs Mario and Bowser...the showdown of legends!
---
I came, I saw, I pressed reset and tried again!
#25wiiking96Posted 12/16/2012 2:41:11 PM
1. Develop a new FPA Metroid game that retcons OM, answers several older questions, has plenty of new lore and whatnot introduced, and also innovates the formula further while retaining everything needed to make a great Metroid game.

2. Develop a Bowser RTS game based on my ideas with Sakurai and Retro Studios assisting me.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#26IcedEarthaholicPosted 12/16/2012 2:41:49 PM
1. Announce Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly for North American release and add that Fatal Frame is going to become a cornerstone IP for Nintendo and the survival horror genre.

2. Ink out a deal for a Wii U version of Dead or Alive 5 with exclusive content.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#27ADHDguitarPosted 12/16/2012 2:43:30 PM
Buy a crapton of studios and franchises.

Star Fox U.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#28Enigma149Posted 12/16/2012 2:46:25 PM(edited)
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
In this hypothetical you have one work day to make things happen in NoJ.

You are allowed to:
Fire employees (You cannot fire Iwata, Miyamoto or Reggie)
Purchase IPs
Purchase Subsidiaries
Develop one game
Sell IPs
Sell Subsidiaries
Create a Nintendo Direct

You may only do productive things, no destroying property or slandering competition.

Choose two things here and tell us what you would command Nintendo to do!

1) Promote Satoru Shibata to be the head of the new Nintendo International, which covers Nintendo of America, Nintendo Canada, Nintendo Europe, and Nintendo Australia. Nintendo International is in charge of localization, with the various regional bodies being reduced to more minor rolls, such as advertising and organizing events (the idea behind this being that, of the 4 regional Nintendo organizations, only Nintendo Europe has been doing an adequate job as of late). Yuji Bando is his successor at Nintendo Europe.

2) Sell the Seattle Mariners. They've barely been breaking even over the past few years, and if we sell them for $450 million (only $1 million over what Forbes values them at), we can cover the cost of developing several games, the 3DS's successor, or those losses we took in 2011.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#29King_KaizoPosted 12/16/2012 2:45:45 PM
HeaderHog posted...
1. I would develop a new game with a new IP.
2. I would develop another game, a 3D Mario game.

This. but 1 Would be Make Mario Kart U!!!!!!!
---
Official Four Eyes of Whatever board i'm on.
hey! You! Out there in front of the Computer! Yeah, I'm talking to YOU!
#30cha_fan1Posted 12/16/2012 2:59:08 PM(edited)
I would spend the day calling every employee into work that can work on porting digital purchases and licenses over to the Wii U eShop to limit necessary use of Wii Mode.
I would allow up to one additional year of development on all games to allow further development of musical material.
I would work with Miyamoto and other higher-ups to develop a strategy that releases a Nintendo game every quarter for consoles to sustain growth and profitability long-term:
Example:
Spring:
Wii Fit U
Summer:
Kirby U
Fall:
Super Mario U
Winter:
Zelda U
Spring of Year 2:
Mario Party U
Summer of Year 2:
Mario Kart U
Fall of Year 2:
Fire Emblem U
Winter of Year 2:
Super Smash Bros. U
etc.

This would allow a consistent stream of good releases and sustain a longer development cycle of 24 games over the life of a 6-year system with a 5 year development cycle for each game.
The games I sustained would probably be as follows in the console market:
Animal Crossing
Fire Emblem
Mario Kart
Mario Party
2-D Mario

3-D Mario
Legend of Zelda
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Fitness Game

Pikmin
Super Smash Bros.
Metroid
Kid Icarus
WarioWare

Mario Golf
Mario Soccer
Pokemon
Star Fox
Luigi's Mansion

4 slots open for experiments or less well-known series. Spring and Fall would get the lower sellers while Summer and Winter get the big titles for heavier purchase rates to reflect positivity on the system and limit bad exposure on slump months for gaming in the press.

EDIT: And purchase Banjo Kazooie and Perfect Dark IPs for eShop releases and potential new titles in the franchises under the four slots.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.