Why does the Wii U limit how many times you can play a demo?

#21jackorhoadsPosted 12/17/2012 4:33:10 AM
Downloaded Rayman, played it once and that was enough. I don't normally play demos more than twice anyway
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#22VoidBeyondPosted 12/17/2012 4:59:09 AM
rockymin posted...
TKUKG posted...
To make you BUY the game.

Ok, tell me where I can buy Rayman Legends right now?

I'd also like to know this.
---
GT: Dethrow2112
PSN: DuodecimKnight
#23huyiPosted 12/17/2012 5:04:35 AM
back in the ps1 days i would play the tomb raider demo or kula world demo untold times, still have both discs too, its a shame that demos are digital only now, playing demos on my ps1 was a lot of fun back then, i was 12 in 1995 so i couldn't afford full games back then, thats all changed now, now older gamers simply don't have time to play demos 50 plus times because they have busy lives and jobs e.t.c
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#24DarkAdonis123Posted 12/17/2012 5:06:02 AM
Fooforaw posted...
That's a good question, but here's a better one:

Are you really going to play a demo more than 30 times?

The system is new and doesn't have a lot right now. Some people just might.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#25Rasputin77Posted 12/17/2012 5:27:27 AM
Where's the dummy who insisted it wasn't Nintendo's decision to do this? Wow, was that some hardcore-kneejerk-NDF hilarity in a thread similar to this. XD

If you missed it, they know who they are - hopefully reverse psychology will prevail and encourage a response. ;)
---
GameFAQs - where the word "troll" has 247 definitions. Congrats on watering down a word until it has no effect.
TL;DR = My parents; failed me.
#26darkjedilinkPosted 12/17/2012 5:40:39 AM
It's not uncommon for demos to be limited by times played. Look at Audiosurf on Steam as an example. You can only play it for four songs of your choice, so it's very easy to be done with the whole demo in fifteen minutes.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#27darkjedilinkPosted 12/17/2012 5:41:54 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
Where's the dummy who insisted it wasn't Nintendo's decision to do this? Wow, was that some hardcore-kneejerk-NDF hilarity in a thread similar to this. XD

If you missed it, they know who they are - hopefully reverse psychology will prevail and encourage a response. ;)

Aren't you the one who keeps railing about namecalling?

Thanks for finally showing your true colors.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#28mhunterchumpPosted 12/17/2012 5:51:23 AM
Smoking_Hamster posted...
If it's something developers demand why doesn't it happen on the 360 or PS3?

PS3 has one hour time trials.

And Xbox 360 sometimes limits demos to the paid Gold Account.

Just Sayin'
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#29Skill4ReelPosted 12/17/2012 5:57:40 AM
Who cares? I can't think of a demo that I've actually played more than 20 times since the one that was on the disc for Power Stone at the Dreamcast launch. Nowadays I play a demo once or twice and then delete it.

Chances are if you enjoy the demo enough to play it that many times, then you will probably enjoy the full game and should buy it. That is what I did with Power Stone.
#30Reznik00Posted 12/17/2012 6:13:43 AM
failTeaPartyHah posted...
Fooforaw posted...
That's a good question, but here's a better one:

Are you really going to play a demo more than 30 times?

^^THIS

---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!