This is so sad

#21GM_Posted 12/17/2012 12:10:37 PM
George Trevor posted...
I'm surprised some people are actually playing this stuff :/

*gasp*

People buying games for a new console!? Unheard of!
#22Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/17/2012 12:11:49 PM
I'm tryin to give a ****, I really am.

You are doing a good job so far :)

you do have to realise those consoles have been out for years so its established a pretty big userbase where as the WIi U is just a new console so you wont have mass amounts of people playing online right from the get go

Nobody expects mass amounts... But I did expect more than 42...
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#23bleedingelitePosted 12/17/2012 12:12:12 PM
I would have gotten Madden on Wii U if EA would have actually given us Madden 13 with the infinity engine.
#24GEKGanonPosted 12/17/2012 12:14:23 PM
That is really weird... it is almost as if the online community for the XBox 360 has had a substantially longer period of time to grow. How is that possible? If one console came out in 2005, and the other came out about 30 days ago, isn't that essentially the same amount of time for both consoles to hit their stride?
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#25GM_Posted 12/17/2012 12:15:40 PM
I don't have to point this out but Kotaku is very anti-Nintendo and always have been.
#26trenkenPosted 12/17/2012 12:18:21 PM
SaaaayWhaaaaaaa posted...
Good thing Madden sucks.

Too bad it sells a crap ton of copies and when other companies see numbers like this, they will not be convinced its worth spending a fortune and a ton of time developing new games and porting other games to the U.

If you want great 3rd party support, you better hope the popular games prove that its a viable platform. Madden is one of those huge franchises that millions and millions of people really love. If another company sees not even Madden is doing well when Madden always does well on the PS3 and 360, yeah that kinda raises a major red flag.

All of us should be wanting games like Call of Duty and Madden to do very well on the U because that would be proof to other companies that its worth investing money and time into making U games.

The fact that these kinds of games dont do well on Nintendo systems is a big part of why the 3rd party support on Nintendo systems is awful. Even the big 3rd party games dont even do well on these systems, so why would anything else?
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#27Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/17/2012 12:21:04 PM(edited)
While I know that fanboys will try to spin this as not negative...

Their was 1 person in a game. 1.

Nobody expects them to hit their stride but I can almost guarantee you that by this time in the PS3, 360, and most likely the Wiis lifetime, they would never only have 1 player playing in a Madden game online.

But keep spinning. It will be nice when the bad news continues flowing in and the spinning gets harder and you all retreat to miiverse.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#28mhunterchumpPosted 12/17/2012 12:23:39 PM(edited)
What's more sad:

The fact that only 31,080 people were online when it sold almost 2 million copies on xbox 360? (that's about 2% of owners playing)

or

The 42 online when it sold probably 200,000-300,000?

I can't believe Kotaku is using these numbers to prove some kind of problem with the Wii U.

The numbers actually show me that about 2% of the Madden 360 owners are still playing the game. That's not a good number either.

And they take the data sample on a Football Sunday?

It just proves that nobody is playing Madden on any system.

What a fail article on Kotaku's part.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#29GM_Posted 12/17/2012 12:21:29 PM
trenken posted...
SaaaayWhaaaaaaa posted...
Good thing Madden sucks.

Too bad it sells a crap ton of copies and when other companies see numbers like this, they will not be convinced its worth spending a fortune and a ton of time developing new games and porting other games to the U.

If you want great 3rd party support, you better hope the popular games prove that its a viable platform. Madden is one of those huge franchises that millions and millions of people really love. If another company sees not even Madden is doing well when Madden always does well on the PS3 and 360, yeah that kinda raises a major red flag.

All of us should be wanting games like Call of Duty and Madden to do very well on the U because that would be proof to other companies that its worth investing money and time into making U games.

The fact that these kinds of games dont do well on Nintendo systems is a big part of why the 3rd party support on Nintendo systems is awful. Even the big 3rd party games dont even do well on these systems, so why would anything else?

This would change if people quit buying Nintendo games exclusively and maybe tried new things.
#30TrueBlue91Posted 12/17/2012 12:24:41 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

There was 1 person in a game. 1.

Fixed...

THEIR = POSSESSIVE FORM (BELONGS TO OTHERS. SEE ALSO: "THEM")
THEY'RE = THEY ARE
THERE = ...THE OTHER ONE...
---
Pour grammer annoy's me