No more excuses for Nintendo, seriously

#11EntangledDragonPosted 12/18/2012 12:12:17 AM
I really really don't see a lot of media these days focusing on graphical prowess in video games. I think if the next gen entries for the other juggernauts are going to be focused on graphics alone there will be a lot of underutilization of their hardware.

We live in the era where graphics are amazing even at the lowest of the low end. We are far removed from the ****ty graphics of the 3D beginnings, and PCs and consoles regularly perform admirably with graphics many people find to be really good though not top notch. This is not a time to bring back the arguments of performance power determining staying ability in game design. The actual existent libraries of the respective consoles, rather than the nonexistent one you made up in your head for the Wii, should demonstrate this readily enough.
---
Fortuna fortes iuvat
Ambition and desire is the motivation. Losers are called dogs and hogs.
#12apocalyptic_4Posted 12/18/2012 12:16:14 AM
looks like nintendo rustled some jimmies up in here.
---
PSN: Adrian396
XBL: Prime Legacy Nintendo ID: Apocalypse
#13BuretsuPosted 12/18/2012 12:18:19 AM
apocalyptic_4 posted...
looks like nintendo rustled some jimmies up in here.

I know. The trolls come out of the woodwork around here like a bunch of cockroaches because the Wii U's light startled them.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#14G1243Posted 12/18/2012 12:22:24 AM(edited)
I gotta agree.

As a gamer, I don't want Nintendo to do poorly -- I hope they do well so that we can get some good games. But I gotta be real, the only game I really played on the Wii was Zelda, and Xenoblade. My primary consoles that I played the most was the Xbox 360 and PS3 (for it's exclusives)

- Let's just say I had the ability to play any title in the Wii library, through unscrupulous means, but I didn't wish to. Because really, there lacked some quality games. I don't care for Monster Hunter. And fans had to pull teeth just to get Nintendo to bring over some of the system's best games (Operation Rainfall)

- Nintendo seems to be on the same track with the Wii U, and we don't need any sort of time machine to predict the future. The game's forecast tells the tale, the lack of 3rd party support draws the picture, and the same type of casual games seem to populate the Wii U as it did the Wii. There doesn't seem to be any indication Nintendo is going to do things differently with this console.

- Once the Next Xbox and Playstation come around, it will seem likely that Wii U will be in the same position as the Wii was in comparison to the 360/PS3. Because of that tablet, developers have to find a way to incorporate that into the design of the game, making it more of an effort to port it.

- Once the specs and tech capabilities of the next-gen systems are released, it will be a nother nail in the Nintendo Wii U coffin. My bet is that compared to the next Xbox and Playstation, the Wii U will be supremely outclassed, from looking at the latest tech demos. Why get a multiplatform game on the Wii U, when it will look inferior? The tablet capabilities will NOT be enough for a consumer to choose the Wii U multiplatform game, IMO.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#15EntangledDragonPosted 12/18/2012 12:22:02 AM
You're not giving credit where due. The Wii has poor word of mouth and poor marketing in general, and I honestly blame their absolutely horrible online.

The /v/ recommended games wiki should dispell the myth that there are not many good games. You have to be a bit of a connoisseur to find them in the first place, a seeker of the rare or eclectic even perhaps, but they are there and there are still many.
---
Fortuna fortes iuvat
Ambition and desire is the motivation. Losers are called dogs and hogs.
#16FooforawPosted 12/18/2012 12:24:12 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22458045.jpg
---
Trolls don't like me because they know I'm not afraid to ignore them to death
#17leeko_linkPosted 12/18/2012 12:41:47 AM
Fusion916 posted...
It was amusing at first to watch the fanboys try to spin the obvious failure of the Wii U into some kind of success but it's getting to the point where its just sad.

It's time to face facts.

The Wii was a failure and so is the Wii U for the exact same reasons. I don't care how many billions of Wii consoles sold, it didn't have any real games besides Nintendo exclusive which were still a generation behind the massive amounts of great third party games that came out for PS3. On top of that, the Wii U console sales numbers will be no where near the Wii is.

And now we are seeing history repeat itself in front of our own eyes with 3rd parties abandoning the console because they know the Wii U's hardware will not be worth developing for compared to the PS4 and 720. Exact situation the Wii was in.

It's time to face facts, fanboy or not. The Wii U will be devoid of 3rd parties and will suffer for being (correctly) perceived as last gen hardware by next year. Except this time Nintendo will not make anywhere near as much money on the Wii U as they did the Wii because no one will buy thing. It's hardware sales are already poor and it just came out. Imagine what hardware sales will be like a year from now.

Misleading post. You said time to face fact but you overthrow the facts for some opinions. If you're gonna explain fact at least keep it that way. The Wii wasn't a failure and it wasn't hamper by a lack of third party, it just hamper by a lack of quality software. It's way too early to say that Wii U is a failure just cuz of minor issues, chances are PS4 and Xbox 720 (or whatever it's gonna be call) would arise even more issues at launch over what the Wii U turn out to be.
#18LordBowserPosted 12/18/2012 12:51:22 AM(edited)
Fusion916 posted...
It was amusing at first to watch the fanboys try to spin the obvious failure of the Wii U into some kind of success but it's getting to the point where its just sad.

It's time to face facts.
The irony is killing me. Facts say this console is a raging success. Your terrible opinion is the only thing telling you that it's not completely amazing.

Another obvious troll, another idiot for the ignore list. Bye.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#19_Mad_Hatter_Posted 12/18/2012 12:52:41 AM
I just have to ask. What is it about nintendo that attracts so much hate?

Every ******* time nintendo drops a system, handheld or console, people just say nintendo failed...

Every time...

Since the bloody Nintendo vs Sega days.
So glad sega whooped nintendos arse, their new system is the...
Oh right they only do software now...

So if Nintendo is doing so bloody bad, and since the mid 90s. How come they are still doing stuff?
---
Would You Kindly.
#20FlyinTonitePosted 12/18/2012 12:57:50 AM
_Mad_Hatter_ posted...
I just have to ask. What is it about nintendo that attracts so much hate?

Every ******* time nintendo drops a system, handheld or console, people just say nintendo failed...

Every time...

Since the bloody Nintendo vs Sega days.
So glad sega whooped nintendos arse, their new system is the...
Oh right they only do software now...

So if Nintendo is doing so bloody bad, and since the mid 90s. How come they are still doing stuff?

People hate on anything that is popular and successful. Nintendo has time and time again gone against popular gaming conventions much to the ire of gamers that grew up with nintendo. Personally, I feel they are just jaded, the gaming world could use a few shake ups every now and again.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd