No more excuses for Nintendo, seriously

#51squatch22Posted 12/18/2012 6:22:55 AM
Dont u know for a company to be classed as a success it has to lose billions each year and reduce its stock to junk status?
---
LR posted: And the PSP isn't a Sony console so why would I make that claim?
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#52StrangerAeonsPosted 12/18/2012 11:24:17 AM
digiblaster posted...
StrangerAeons posted...
it didn't have any real games besides Nintendo exclusive

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Wii

I've always been a fan of the Wii, and knew it had a good number of good games.

But holy ****, even I didn't realise quite how many games I'd missed out on. I'm gonna have to raise a crapload of cash to go and get some of those...

Yeah that website is amazing. It has similar lists for all but the very most obscure consoles. I'm still working my way through a lot of Wii games on that list too, the best part is the great majority of them are really cheap now.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/ColdStatic/fs_overall.png http://i.imgur.com/Namtt.jpg
#53digiblasterPosted 12/18/2012 11:31:08 AM
StrangerAeons posted...
digiblaster posted...
StrangerAeons posted...

But holy ****, even I didn't realise quite how many games I'd missed out on. I'm gonna have to raise a crapload of cash to go and get some of those...

Yeah that website is amazing. It has similar lists for all but the very most obscure consoles. I'm still working my way through a lot of Wii games on that list too, the best part is the great majority of them are really cheap now.

I wonder if the story would have been different for the Wii if more people knew about these games...
#54bleedingelitePosted 12/18/2012 11:38:57 AM
What's sadder: The fact that I enjoy playing games on my Wii U, or that you people come here specifically to sh*tpost about the wii U, even though you don't own one and you are (presumably) old enough to be left alone on the internet?
#55bleedingelitePosted 12/18/2012 11:41:40 AM
digiblaster posted...
StrangerAeons posted...
digiblaster posted...
StrangerAeons posted...

I wonder if the story would have been different for the Wii if more people knew about these games...

That list was compiled by /v/. If you have any bit of innocence or happiness left in your life, do not go there. If you're a jaded bastard, and you like tangling with real honest to god trolls and calling people out for viral marketing any time they show excitement for a game, then by all means go to 4chan right now.
#56Maxx_the_SlashPosted 12/18/2012 12:06:24 PM(edited)
The 3DS was also deemed a failure when it first came out. Now, in Japan, it sold more units in it's first 2 years than the PS3 did in it's entire 6-year lifespan in the same region.

The Wii U's going to have a slow start like the 3DS did, but it's far from a failure. We have to wait and see where the Wii U is 2 years from now and see if it's any better than it is now, or the same as it is now.

Don't count Nintendo out.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Coming 12-25-12
#57AllConsoleLoverPosted 12/18/2012 12:08:56 PM
Maxx_the_Slash posted...
The 3DS was also deemed a failure when it first came out. Now, in Japan, it sold more units in it's first 2 years than the PS3 did in it's entire 6-year lifespan in the same region.

The Wii U's going to have a slow start like the 3DS did, but it's far from a failure. We have to wait and see where the Wii U is 2 years from now and see if it's any better than it is now, or the same as it is now.

Don't count Nintendo out.

Only because it got like a 80% price cut
---
I'm a fan of every console
#58Kano92Posted 12/18/2012 12:12:08 PM
How can the Wii U be next gen if the games run in 720p ?
Next gen is going to be about 1080p. Almost all tv's sold now are 1080p. Come on nintendo, 720p is like 2005.

According lens of truth site the wii u currently has problems keeping up with this current gen falling short often when it comes to frames per second. Theres no way they can sustain game at a native res of 1080p. If you don't believe me go the lens of truth site and check the head to head articles see for you self. Even eurogamer site has some head to head comparisons, look for it.

The wii u games with time will have better textures and lighting and such but they won't be able to bump the res to 1080p unless they don't mind the games run below 30fps. Which that would make the game unplayable.

Rayman Legends confirmed to run at 1080p 60fps they say.
Let me tell you 2D is easy to get higher resultions. Lets see them do a fully 3D game at 1080p at 60fps.

Some say they can just optimize the games when PS4 & XBOX 720 comes out. I say how can they optimize to anything more when it's already lagging right now compared to whats out right now. What a joke. Theres no way they will optimize the wii u games one day to just suddenly play in native 1080p without major drop in fps. If the wii u could do 1080p native in it's games they would done by now especially nintendo making there own first party games for their system. Xbox 720 & PS4 will have 1080p games no doubt about it. Do you really think 3rd party compaines really take the time to port a downgrade to 720p for one console. The wii u won't be able to handle next gens games, unless they handicap/gypped the game on purpose for the wii u sake so it would run on all three systems. But that would be dumb cause we would not see the potential for the next gen. God I hope not, cause that would hold back the true next gen games.

Nintendo should just make handhelds and games for other consoles.
---
Dust collecting Wii's sold more consoles but don't mean nothing,
Play any Skyrim,COD,GOW,SF4,MK,GT5,FORZA,MassEf,Gears,DarkS,BF3,RE5,Portal..No didn't think so
#59bleedingelitePosted 12/18/2012 12:23:55 PM
Kano92 posted...
But that would be dumb cause we would not see the potential for the next gen. God I hope not, cause that would hold back the true next gen games.

You mean like how you console peasants have been holding back PC gaming for the past decade?
#60darkjedilinkPosted 12/18/2012 12:33:13 PM
How hard will TC cry when 720/PS4 launch and aren't much better than Wii U?

I'm thinking "LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!" hard. Anyone else?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie