A rational argument why Nintendo will not survive to 2015.

#61blakenickPosted 12/19/2012 2:44:50 AM
I lol'd at this. When's the last time any of you went to a city playground or child care center?

Tablets are very popular for younger children (in the 4-10 range), the simplistic games are very easy to use as the child needs to only learn to drag colorful icons across the screen.

We do care for Autistic children and in that group every child had their own tablet. The primary function was that parents were able to take pictures and plan their day using the visual identification of items and areas to interact with those children in a meaningful way.

Tablets aren't meant to compete with the DS as a gaming console, they serve a greater utility function, however also require supervision. The DS as a closed console does not have the same security concerns as a tablet does.

Anyway the Wii U controller is comparable to a tablet in that they are accessible for younger players. This young audience is the target of Nintendo and they will likely succeed again is cornering off that portion of the market.

Basically Nintendo doesn't really give a stuff about keeping older gamers aside from nostalgia. Because of this, the type of hardcore gamers who post on this site generally don't think Nintendo is doing as well as it is. We have been getting these topics since the days of the Nintendo 64 and how it was too childish, through the original DS and how it signaled the end of Nintendo.

I as a hardcore PC gamer won't buy a WiiU, but that doesn't mean that I think it is done for. I know tons of families who will buy it.

Generally child oriented games, ease of access and control, bright colorful graphics, Mario! Plus there is always the LoZ crowd who would purchase a Nintendo just for that.

I'm far more worried about dedicated PC gaming actually, and I love it.
---
It's common courtesy for a lady to swallow
If you lived here, you'd be pwned by now
#62Number_0nePosted 12/19/2012 3:05:43 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gpfZN0g-yAc/UIkwmmEx4FI/AAAAAAAAAB0/FsG5V-Yq7nw/s1600/nintendo-cycle.png
---
JRPGs have guys who look like girls. WRPGs have girls who look like guys. What could this mean!?
#63Ansem_the_evilPosted 12/19/2012 3:12:41 AM
Sorry Tc but its sony that will not survive not nintendo nintendso is the oldest of the companys it was etsabilished in 1889 and will survive yet again :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
#64alacer807Posted 12/19/2012 3:41:05 AM
I was really expecting an end of the world joke, how disappointing.
---
"If you have an all seeing eye, why can't you see pandora's location?"
"Because of my slightly botched laser eye surgery..."
#65blingusPosted 12/19/2012 12:25:35 PM
TalentedM posted...
blingus posted...
I totally agree with the TC!

But I need to add that while the Wii U supports Unreal Engine 3, Epic already stated that they'll have to scale down UE4 for the Wii U.

This Next Generation is going to have to run UE4 at 1080p and 60 fps out of the box to even stand a chance.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/unreal_engine_4_games_could_be_ported_to_wii_u_epic.html

"Epic later clarified that it hadn't declared its strategy on Wii U."

Bite your tongue and do your research.

Read that article awhile ago. Taking one quote out of context does NOT make me wrong. If you'd bother to read the entire article, Epic states that UE4 will have to be "ported down" to run on the Wii U.

K, thanks, bye!
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#66ADHDguitarPosted 12/19/2012 12:27:13 PM
"mind blowing Kinect 2 capabilities"

Gotcha.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#67LordBowserPosted 12/19/2012 12:33:10 PM
1. It's been shown that the gamepad is very durable. I mean, you'd have to take a hammer to it if you wanted to even crack the screen. You're crazy. And you act like children haven't been playing with handheld consoles since the Gameboy years, yet the gamepad is going to be the one magical thing to push mothers over the edge. It's really difficult to hold back laughter at this.

"The Xbox Kinect was the fastest selling electronics device ever for a reason - mothers ... nothing to fight over, step on, break, get lost, need replacing and clutter up the place. That's something mothers everywhere can fall deeply in love with."

Okay, I can't hold it back any longer. LOL!!! It's pretty obvious where this thread is going, and what you're hoping to do with it.

2. There's so much wrong with this statement I don't even know where to begin. No. Just, no. Everything in this comment is wrong.

3. Hardcore? What even is 'hardcore'? Nerds who sit in their basements playing FPS and nothing else every second of their life? Don't worry, the Wii U will cater to that crowd as well just fine. It will also cater to players who simply want to play challenging games, as there are challenge modes actively available for almost every game available, including both first party Nintendo games.

4. After reading the first sentence of this, you've made it obvious you're just another bad troll making just another bad troll topic. I feel bad that I fell into this and wrote up counter points to this. What a waste of my time.

Put the TC on ignore, it's just another desperate troll begging for attention. There is no logic in its post whatsoever.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#68DiscostewSMPosted 12/19/2012 12:33:27 PM
jaoman69 posted...
Wii u doesnt matter they make enough money from ds/3ds etc to stay alive

Wii U + 1 game makes them a profit.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#69MegagunstarmanPosted 12/19/2012 12:35:12 PM
6/10
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11