Tell me why it's even worth owning this console?

#31BuretsuPosted 12/19/2012 12:20:09 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Just because the Wii U isn't getting games from 2013 doesn't mean they aren't getting games period and we might later see titles down the line as most developers have issues porting old games to newer technology.

You're making mights and maybe's out of probably not's.

And you're making definitely nots out of maybe, maybe nots.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#32DeviousLightPosted 12/19/2012 12:22:18 AM
TC there is no reason to own this console atm. I am so glad i didn't get one. It sounds terrible to have one and not be able to play anything this year or the next year.
PC/360/PS3 ftw
---
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
#33IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/19/2012 12:31:10 AM
So far it's not :/
#34jackorhoadsPosted 12/19/2012 6:04:20 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
Buretsu posted...
Oh, THIS topic again.

Exactly. And it will be posted time and time again until delusional fanboys accept the fact that Nintendo flopped again with this thing.

How is it a fact? the thing is barely out lol
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#35fuzi11Posted 12/19/2012 6:10:07 AM
I can and already have bought 3rd party games without owning a ps or xbox. How you ask? I own a PC. Not even a high end master-race PC, just a relativ new one. You don't need to waste 600 currency units to get an all powerful PC to play those games.

Nintendo consoles are mainly for Nintendo games. Also, I like the tablet controller as I don't own a tablet PC.

Is it that bad on the PS3 board as well? Are there idiots as well asking why that console exists, if every game except God of War et al is also available on the PC?
#36GencoilPosted 12/19/2012 6:18:25 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
So far it's not :/

You have some kind of spider-sense for topics like this.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil || NNID: Recoil
#37Rasputin77Posted 12/19/2012 6:19:48 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
squatch22 posted...
anonymous4ever posted...
Buretsu posted...
Oh, THIS topic again.

Exactly. And it will be posted time and time again until delusional fanboys accept the fact that Nintendo flopped again with this thing.

Trolling. Gotcha

Not really trolling, I'm asking a serious question in my topic. Why even buy this thing if it will just collect dust until something maybe comes out later that's worth buying?

Don't mind Squatch... he tries really hard, but it usually just dribbles out in short bursts of insecurity. Can you believe he's 29? =( I could sit here and explain that someone's opinion of it "flopping" isn't necessarily trolling, but... ahh, deaf ears. *shrug*

TC, I'll be honest with you - it's worth owning, but only if a) you can afford extra wiimote pluses / controllers, b) have a primary console (PS3 or 360... YES NERDS, OR a PC, jeez...), and c) have opportunities to play local multiplayer, which IMHO is what the machine excels at. That's just how I see it - there's no way this would be my choice if I only had one console. This is more of a "party machine" for me, my family and friends.
---
Fun game: Find a Wii U thread on GameFAQs where the word "troll" isn't typed by post #10. Good luck.
"TL;DR" = My parents; failed me.
#38BakaIdiotPosted 12/19/2012 6:26:32 AM
anonymous4ever posted...
Seems many of the major third parties have decided not to port their games to the console.

Titles such as

BioShock Infinite
Borderlands 2
Dead Space 3
Resident Evil 6
Lego: Lord of the Rings
Metro: Last Light

are not being ported to the WiiU, and from what I understand Crysis 3 and Battlefield 3 might not be ported either.

So what's the point of even buying this thing? For one, maybe two Zelda and Mario games that Nintendo likes to release each console generation? Hell, we haven't even seen a decent Metroid game in years. It seems like Nintendo is all about gimmicks anymore.

You guys can keep your bargin bin junk.
#39BurgerTime79Posted 12/19/2012 6:28:27 AM
First of all, no company is expected to just up and make a version of one of their already released games for a brand new system.

Second, just because a game is multi platform, doesn't mean that it's going to be on all platform. This has been the case for years on all the other systems.

Third, nothing has been announced past March for the Wii U, and many of us contribute that to there could be a Non Disclosure in place.

Stop bringing this up. You have no proof that any of these games are not coming out on the system anymore than we have proof that they are. It's up in the air until there's confirmation of later titles.
You know why people are sick and tired of this type of topic and respond like the second poster did? Because it's the most common troll tactic on this board aside from making claims of systems being sold or unsold, or nitpicking graphics. It's up there with the people who claim that since they didn't get what they wanted, then the company that should have made what they want doesn't care, or is lazy, or behind the times, or all that other BS that has no basis in facts.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#40teknic1200Posted 12/19/2012 6:29:00 AM
It's the only platform you can play monster hunter on.

who cares about anything else
---
Today is the Tomorrow you were promised Yesterday