Were the graphics for this console overstimated?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Were the graphics for this console overstimated?

User Info: Retroxgamer0

Retroxgamer0
3 years ago#1
is this system capable of putting out what the ps3 is already capable of doing, or not?

User Info: knightimex

knightimex
3 years ago#2
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.
Old School Games FTW!

User Info: RedOrion

RedOrion
3 years ago#3
It's capable of outputting better graphics than the PS3 and 360. We have yet to see a game that showcases it.

User Info: Enigma149

Enigma149
3 years ago#4
RedOrion posted...
It's capable of outputting better graphics than the PS3 and 360. We have yet to see a game that showcases it.
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
3 years ago#5
knightimex posted...
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.

Yeah my PC barely runs Trine 2. I'm so glad I'm spending $350 for a machine that can finally run it at max settings. It's quite a feat for most hardware.
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0691 3070 5643

User Info: Sailor Goon

Sailor Goon
3 years ago#6
Its not exactly a feat if a new system can compare graphically with a 5 year old system. I very much doubt the graphics will improve much over the PS3, especially with the poor CPU bottlenecking the whole system.
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh

User Info: FPS_hitman

FPS_hitman
3 years ago#7
No its not I posted multiple articles that proved this while no one can post anything claiming opposite. Its weaker then the 360 and based off of 1997 gamecube tech.

User Info: mistermerk

mistermerk
3 years ago#8
knightimex posted...
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.

Less so than the PS3.

See Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-on-wii-u-face-off) and most other 3d big-budget third-party games.

It's easy to cherry-pick examples to paint the picture we want.

Having said that, TC, the graphics for the Wii U have been grossly overestimated. There were times this year and last where the fanboys spouted the the Wii U would do 360/Ps3 games in 1080p/60fps, or run equivalent to a high-end PC version (lol). Not only has that not been achieved, but the Wii U version of games isn't even up to par to the 360 version in most cases so far—I'd say that's an overestimation.

On a technical level, I doubt we'll ever see anything on the Wii U approach God of War:Ascensions, The Last of Us, or Halo 4. Artistically, there will be Wii U games that are gorgeous for the hardware they're on on, a la Galaxy 1/2, Xenoblade, etc.

User Info: RedOrion

RedOrion
3 years ago#9
mistermerk posted...
knightimex posted...
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.

Less so than the PS3.

See Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-on-wii-u-face-off) and most other 3d big-budget third-party games.

Having said that, TC, the graphics for the Wii U have been grossly overestimated. There were times this year and last where the fanboys spouted the the Wii U would do 360/Ps3 games in 1080p/60fps, or run equivalent to a high-end PC version (lol). Not only has that not been achieved, but the Wii U version of games isn't even up to par to the 360 version in most cases so far—I'd say that's an overestimation.

On a technical level, I doubt we'll ever see anything on the Wii U approach God of War:Ascensions, The Last of Us, or Halo 4. Artistically, there will be Wii U games that are gorgeous for the hardware they're on on, a la Galaxy 1/2, Xenoblade, etc.

This is grossly inaccurate.

User Info: mistermerk

mistermerk
3 years ago#10
RedOrion posted...
mistermerk posted...
knightimex posted...
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.

Less so than the PS3.

This is grossly inaccurate.

How so? I'll wait.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Were the graphics for this console overstimated?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived