Were the graphics for this console overstimated?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 12/19/2012 1:13:23 PM
is this system capable of putting out what the ps3 is already capable of doing, or not?
#2knightimexPosted 12/19/2012 1:14:26 PM
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#3RedOrionPosted 12/19/2012 1:14:35 PM
It's capable of outputting better graphics than the PS3 and 360. We have yet to see a game that showcases it.
#4Enigma149Posted 12/19/2012 1:16:31 PM
RedOrion posted...
It's capable of outputting better graphics than the PS3 and 360. We have yet to see a game that showcases it.

---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#5lazycomplifePosted 12/19/2012 1:16:34 PM
knightimex posted...
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.

Yeah my PC barely runs Trine 2. I'm so glad I'm spending $350 for a machine that can finally run it at max settings. It's quite a feat for most hardware.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0691 3070 5643
#6Sailor GoonPosted 12/19/2012 3:15:08 PM
Its not exactly a feat if a new system can compare graphically with a 5 year old system. I very much doubt the graphics will improve much over the PS3, especially with the poor CPU bottlenecking the whole system.
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#7FPS_hitmanPosted 12/19/2012 3:17:00 PM
No its not I posted multiple articles that proved this while no one can post anything claiming opposite. Its weaker then the 360 and based off of 1997 gamecube tech.
#8mistermerkPosted 12/19/2012 3:27:43 PM
knightimex posted...
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.

Less so than the PS3.

See Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-on-wii-u-face-off) and most other 3d big-budget third-party games.

It's easy to cherry-pick examples to paint the picture we want.

Having said that, TC, the graphics for the Wii U have been grossly overestimated. There were times this year and last where the fanboys spouted the the Wii U would do 360/Ps3 games in 1080p/60fps, or run equivalent to a high-end PC version (lol). Not only has that not been achieved, but the Wii U version of games isn't even up to par to the 360 version in most cases so far—I'd say that's an overestimation.

On a technical level, I doubt we'll ever see anything on the Wii U approach God of War:Ascensions, The Last of Us, or Halo 4. Artistically, there will be Wii U games that are gorgeous for the hardware they're on on, a la Galaxy 1/2, Xenoblade, etc.
#9RedOrionPosted 12/19/2012 3:33:18 PM
mistermerk posted...
knightimex posted...
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.

Less so than the PS3.

See Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken-tag-tournament-2-on-wii-u-face-off) and most other 3d big-budget third-party games.

Having said that, TC, the graphics for the Wii U have been grossly overestimated. There were times this year and last where the fanboys spouted the the Wii U would do 360/Ps3 games in 1080p/60fps, or run equivalent to a high-end PC version (lol). Not only has that not been achieved, but the Wii U version of games isn't even up to par to the 360 version in most cases so far—I'd say that's an overestimation.

On a technical level, I doubt we'll ever see anything on the Wii U approach God of War:Ascensions, The Last of Us, or Halo 4. Artistically, there will be Wii U games that are gorgeous for the hardware they're on on, a la Galaxy 1/2, Xenoblade, etc.

This is grossly inaccurate.
#10mistermerkPosted 12/19/2012 3:34:39 PM
RedOrion posted...
mistermerk posted...
knightimex posted...
More so than ps3.

See trine 2.

More to come.

Believe it.

Less so than the PS3.

This is grossly inaccurate.

How so? I'll wait.