Were the graphics for this console overstimated?

#61Luthor_Posted 12/19/2012 7:07:14 PM
Congrats Drones, you can have slightly better graphics on the screen at once!

But woah there, don't throw your party yet! This comes at a hefty price!

Remember that thing you Drones brought up last gen? All that talk about how gameplay was all that mattered and graphics were for pixel w****s? Well, this gen, you get a system that focuses on graphics and cheaps out on hardware that is vital for gameplay!

Want giant set pieces, tons of AI running around, special effects and debris flying around the screen in some kind of epic battle? Too god damn bad! Want any decent AI whatsoever? Want to be able to fight more than 2 or 3 at a time? Too god damn bad!!

Oh, but remember, almighty Nintendo gave you guys slightly better graphics than 7 year old consoles! So now graphics rock! F*** gameplay!

Wooooooooooot TRINE 2222222222222222222222222!
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#62BuretsuPosted 12/19/2012 7:12:08 PM
Luthor_ posted...
cheaps out on hardware that is vital for gameplay

Like?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#63El_ZaggyPosted 12/19/2012 7:12:30 PM
I remember fanboys saying all over the place how the graphics would be so much better and it would be so much more powerful.... then it got out and now fanboys shielding themselves behind 'gameplay' but even there, the gameplay with the gamepad has been proven not really 'innovative' and 'useful'.

What other excuses fans need to use before stop denying the truth ?
#64Luthor_Posted 12/19/2012 7:14:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#65MathewMansonPosted 12/19/2012 7:15:38 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
BigAl519 posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
Its not exactly a feat if a new system can compare graphically with a 5 year old system. I very much doubt the graphics will improve much over the PS3, especially with the poor CPU bottlenecking the whole system.

Hey its the hypocrite! This guy here has spent the last year and a half defending the Vita against trolls and carrying on about how people who bash systems are losers! Amazing to find you on here doing the same thing!

Anyways, since he is also new to gaming and system launches, here is an idea of just how much graphics change over the course of a systems life.

Release game
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/643/643884/perfect-dark-zero-20050820024011628_640w.jpg

New game
http://www.onlysp.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/halo_4_in_game_gameinformer_4.jpg

And this is what the Wii U is at for launch game graphics
http://images.vg247.com/current//2012/09/trine-2-wii-u-4.jpg

Now imagine the same leap that the Xbox 360 had between those first two games graphically and imagine what games for the Wii U will look like in a few years.

Oh and Trine 2 for the Wii U (the 3rd screen) runs at 60fps and 1080p, something neither the PS3/360 or even a mid-ranged PC can accomplish.

Im a hypocrite now for pointing out a fact? The CPU is bottlenecking the system. This is going to prevent a large increase to game visuals. This is a fact. And your last statement about Trine is just flat out wrong. Go whine somewhere else.

wow.....just wow.....

This is one of the most ignorant and stupid things I've seen on this site yet. The majority of people on this board shouldn't have a right to an opinion.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#66BuretsuPosted 12/19/2012 7:15:51 PM
Luthor_ posted...
Luthor_ posted...

Like?

The CPU, douche bag.. read a post before posting crap, will ya?

Okay... so explain how you THINK the CPU screws gameplay. Should be worth a chuckle.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#67Luthor_Posted 12/19/2012 7:19:02 PM
Luthor_ posted...
Luthor_ posted...

Like?

Okay... so explain how you THINK the CPU screws gameplay. Should be worth a chuckle.

You didn't even read the entire first post or you'd know...

And if you knew anything about hardware you'd know...

Attempting to educate the ignorant is like chasing your tail. I'm not gonna bother.
---
-DarkJayDragon
#68BuretsuPosted 12/19/2012 7:20:30 PM
Luthor_ posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Luthor_ posted...

Like?

You didn't even read the entire first post or you'd know...

And if you knew anything about hardware you'd know...

Attempting to educate the ignorant is like chasing your tail. I'm not gonna bother.

First post:
"is this system capable of putting out what the ps3 is already capable of doing, or not?"

lol
---
#69Luthor_Posted 12/19/2012 7:21:42 PM
My first post.

smh.
---
-DarkJayDragon
#70BuretsuPosted 12/19/2012 7:25:56 PM
Luthor_ posted...
My first post.

smh.

*facepalm*

Your first post was why I asked the question in the first place...
---