Were the graphics for this console overstimated?

#71Luthor_Posted 12/19/2012 7:29:31 PM
Luthor_ posted...
My first post.

smh.

*facepalm*

Your first post was why I asked the question in the first place...

And you obviously didn't read the whole thing, or you'd know why CPU is important for gameplay.

It is implied in over half of the post. Of course, I wouldn't expect the average 13-15 year old kid on this board to have enough intelligence to understand, but I will continue to respond for my own amusement.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#72BuretsuPosted 12/19/2012 7:33:23 PM
Luthor_ posted...
Luthor_ posted...
My first post.

smh.

*facepalm*

And you obviously didn't read the whole thing, or you'd know why CPU is important for gameplay.

It is implied in over half of the post. Of course, I wouldn't expect the average 13-15 year old kid on this board to have enough intelligence to understand, but I will continue to respond for my own amusement.

Sorry, but "Because I said so" isn't a valid answer to my original question.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#73truesaiyan309Posted 12/19/2012 7:33:34 PM
Trine 2 looks like a game I would download off the Xbox arcade. The graphics have looked on the level of the Gamecube so far. Why doesn't the gamepad have better graphics? And don't go on about processor power. Might as well go on about how many bits the console has. The proof of its prowess is in the games that are out there. Don't tell me that we should wait for the graphics to get better in time. How about this, finish developing your console, graphics, and games. Plus, not having the title games ready for the release was really dumb.
#74rcarroll1977Posted 12/19/2012 7:34:29 PM
The Wii U is the most powerful console on the market right now by a significant margin. The fact that some of the ports that have been released at this time dont run as well as the PS360 versions is not concerning at all. In fact it is part of the reason Nintendo is in such a good position.

Which system had the best multiplatform games this generation?

The answer is X360. The reason why is that it was the weakest system this generation as far as pure power (not counting the Wii since it got few multiplat tiles anyway), but not by a significant margin. That fact made the logical step for developers making a multiplatform title to use the X360 as the lead platform and then to port the game to PS3. Being the lead platform for the majority of these games meant that games were optimized for X360 and not PS3 and thus performed better. The ports to Wii U came out even worse due to developers rushing the port to release at launch and not being completely familiar with what they were working with.

So how exactly is this a good thing for Wii U?

The Wii U launched at a good time with a mix of innovation bringing second screen gaming to the home console and an increase in power. By coming out at a reasonable price point of $300-$350, they have insured that they will build up a several million user lead as far as install base goes by the time the new Xbox and PS release. They have also made it imperative that MS and Sony release their new systems at similar price points to avoid the kind of resistance Sony faced when the PS3 launched at $600. By setting the market early, they are pretty much guaranteeing that Sony and MS will be unable to put out a system that is a huge leap over what they are already offering and stay in that affordable price range.

Will PS4/X720 or what ever they are called be more powerful than Wii U?

Almost assuredly, but Wii U will be in the same ballpark, much like X360 was this generation, and by being the weakest system many developers will choose to do their multiplat titles with the Wii U as the lead platform just as happened with 360 last gen. Just like PS2 was less powerful than X Box before that. And just like PS1 was less powerful than N64 before that. For developers, it is a matter of most profit for least expense, and that is done by porting from the weakest platform to the strongest aand not the other way around.
#75Solid_Snake124Posted 12/19/2012 7:34:32 PM
_Candice_ posted...
Before launch people were saying this was gonna be a quad core monster with an SSD, 7770 and Blu Ray.

After launch people were still lying to themselves even when presented with proof.

Most overestimated console in history.

---
Placed one missed call to heaven
#76jastenPosted 12/19/2012 7:36:59 PM
Buretsu posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Luthor_ posted...
My first post.

smh.

*facepalm*

Sorry, but "Because I said so" isn't a valid answer to my original question.

If you want a real answer then just look at Dragon Age: Origins.... the 360 version can't handle what the PC version has. There are more populated towns, larger battles, more mages in said battles, and all at a higher possible resolution than the 360. That is all because of the power available to a top of the line PC at the time compared to the 360.

So what these people are saying is actually true... the CPU will restrict what the Wii U is capable of. It might not affect some games, but there will clearly be gameplay sacrifices in terms of large scale, intricate battles with many many titles across platforms. But in truth, only the PS3 had been anything comparable to a PC and it still wasn't all that close.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#77Luthor_Posted 12/19/2012 7:40:04 PM
The Wii U is the most powerful console on the market right now by a significant margin. The fact that some of the ports that have been released at this time dont run as well as the PS360 versions is not concerning at all. In fact it is part of the reason Nintendo is in such a good position.

The answer is X360. The reason why is that it was the weakest system this generation as far as pure power (not counting the Wii since it got few multiplat tiles anyway), but not by a significant margin. That fact made the logical step for developers making a multiplatform title to use the X360 as the lead platform and then to port the game to PS3. Being the lead platform for the majority of these games meant that games were optimized for X360 and not PS3 and thus performed better. The ports to Wii U came out even worse due to developers rushing the port to release at launch and not being completely familiar with what they were working with.

The Wii U launched at a good time with a mix of innovation bringing second screen gaming to the home console and an increase in power. By coming out at a reasonable price point of $300-$350, they have insured that they will build up a several million user lead as far as install base goes by the time the new Xbox and PS release. They have also made it imperative that MS and Sony release their new systems at similar price points to avoid the kind of resistance Sony faced when the PS3 launched at $600. By setting the market early, they are pretty much guaranteeing that Sony and MS will be unable to put out a system that is a huge leap over what they are already offering and stay in that affordable price range.

Almost assuredly, but Wii U will be in the same ballpark, much like X360 was this generation, and by being the weakest system many developers will choose to do their multiplat titles with the Wii U as the lead platform just as happened with 360 last gen. Just like PS2 was less powerful than X Box before that. And just like PS1 was less powerful than N64 before that. For developers, it is a matter of most profit for least expense, and that is done by porting from the weakest platform to the strongest aand not the other way around.

This couldn't be more wrong.

The 360 had better multiplats because it came first, and it's what developers started on, for one. Not because it's "weaker" by any means.. lol @ this.

And reason it had better ports is because most games on PS3 were ports of games developed on 360, as the multi-thread processor on the PS3 was terrible to code for and complicated.

You also say Wii U will be in the same ballpark as Durango and Orbis? This is bull****. The Wii U is competing with 7 year old tech, and I don't understand how you drones haven't come to realize this yet. The Nextbox and PS4 will outdo it by roughly as much as the PS360 did the Wii. The only thing the Wii U has going for it are exclusives as soon as the other next gen consoles are released.

The fact of the matter is, Nintendo is competing with itself (ala-it's sales) and Microsoft and Sony battle for an almost entirely different market.

The Nintendo console line, ever since the Gamecube, has been pretty much the "console you get to play Mario and Zelda".
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#78El_ZaggyPosted 12/19/2012 7:44:47 PM
rcarroll1977 posted...

The difference in power is what determines if will there be 3rd party multiplatform games. ps2 and xbox wasnt huge. ps3 and x360, not a huge difference. You cheated for the ps1, it had the new cd-rom system, it gave an advantage over nintendo since space was a big concern for developpers at the time.

The wii had a HUGE difference in power with the other consoles. thats why it never had much support from developpers. The wii u will have a huge difference in power with the next gen from sony and ms. Thats why it will never have good support too. No publisher/developper wants an ugly game, nobody wants to pour money on downgrading a game to port it on a very less powerful console.

live with it. accept it. Get other consoles too.
#79SolisPosted 12/19/2012 7:48:47 PM
rcarroll1977 posted...

Nearly everything stated in your post is completely wrong.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#80rcarroll1977Posted 12/19/2012 7:53:56 PM
All I am saying is that you are delusional if you think you are going to see the same kind of leap from PS360 to the next generation as you saw from PS2/Xbox to PS360. MS wasn't profitable until last year on the 360, that is 7 years to see a profit. They wont make that same mistake again. Sony nearly priced themselves out of the gaming business with the $600 PS3, they wont make the same mistake again. To get the kind of leap that you seem to be expecting, they will end up in the same situation or worse with the price point they will have to sell the console at. Its not happening. They will be modestly more powerful than the Wii U and the extra year+ headstart will put Wii U in ab advantageous position in the eyes of developers.