This is why you can't always trust reviews...

#1Lemmywinks13Posted 12/20/2012 5:39:16 AM
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/2012/12/critics-vs-customers-zombiu-reviews-or.html

Check out that link. This guy exposes a few websites for posting reviews of Zombi U even though they possibly barely played the game. Who knows how often this happens.

I think reviewers should be required to say how long, or how far, they played into a game when they review it. Possibly post a picture of themselves next to a tv that has the games end credits running. I just don't think some reviewers always give games the proper time and attention that they deserve. It's not only unprofessional but it potentially hurts the hard work a developer puts into a game by hurting sales.
#2AdamLazarusoPosted 12/20/2012 5:42:29 AM
He doesn't 'expose' anything. His entire argument seems to be "I don't agree with their reviews so they didn't play the game".
---
We should make a verbal agreement to only kiss each other.
#3Luthor_Posted 12/20/2012 5:42:44 AM
Do you guys google random crap to try and use here, and then settle for any garbage site ever that comes up?

coffeewithgames... lol.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#4wingo84Posted 12/20/2012 5:45:12 AM
People need to trust their own opinions
---
NNID - Wingo84
#5Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 5:47:20 AM
Regardless of if you agree with what he says or not, how is it a bad idea to have reviewers prove how much of a game they played? It should be a part of every review yet it's part of almost none.

Zombi U is not a 4.0 game. I know reviews are just a matter of opinion, but the Gamespot review was painfully horrible and obvious they didn't play the game for more than 30 minutes.
#6shaunmePosted 12/20/2012 5:53:12 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
http://www.coffeewithgames.com/2012/12/critics-vs-customers-zombiu-reviews-or.html

Check out that link. This guy exposes a few websites for posting reviews of Zombi U even though they possibly barely played the game. Who knows how often this happens.

I think reviewers should be required to say how long, or how far, they played into a game when they review it. Possibly post a picture of themselves next to a tv that has the games end credits running. I just don't think some reviewers always give games the proper time and attention that they deserve. It's not only unprofessional but it potentially hurts the hard work a developer puts into a game by hurting sales.

lemmywinks= ultra fanboy .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#7Luthor_Posted 12/20/2012 5:54:24 AM
Regardless of if you agree with what he says or not, how is it a bad idea to have reviewers prove how much of a game they played? It should be a part of every review yet it's part of almost none.

Zombi U is not a 4.0 game. I know reviews are just a matter of opinion, but the Gamespot review was painfully horrible and obvious they didn't play the game for more than 30 minutes.

The game sucks, and the only thing that changes at all after 30 minutes is the "story" and location.

That game is the most shallow grind ever, and it doesn't even look pretty doing it.

I don't want to rain on any parades if some people like it, but the overall quality is almost factually low, as well as the production value. The game earned those low review scores tbh.
---
I was SWAGGING WHEN I WAS 420ING then I YOLOD.
-DarkJayDragon
#8Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 5:57:05 AM
Luthor_ posted...

The game sucks, and the only thing that changes at all after 30 minutes is the "story" and location.

That game is the most shallow grind ever, and it doesn't even look pretty doing it.

I don't want to rain on any parades if some people like it, but the overall quality is almost factually low, as well as the production value. The game earned those low review scores tbh.

Low review scores? DESPITE the couple of bad reviews, their are nearly 10 times as many good/great reviews of the game. I'm sure you will continue to ignore this fact and pretend like it's a horrible game. You were probably just expecting Left 4 Dead. It's fine that you hate it, but to act like it's silly for people to like it when the majority of people do like it just makes you look silly.
#9Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 5:57:29 AM
shaunme posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Wow...thanks for your insight. Welcome to Blocksville!
#10shaunmePosted 12/20/2012 5:59:03 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
shaunme posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...

Wow...thanks for your insight. Welcome to Blocksville!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//