This is why you can't always trust reviews...

#21FayeLadyPosted 12/20/2012 7:06:08 AM
The time limit doesn't seem like an issue with this game. Nothing I've seen in even the positive reviews seem to indicate that the gameplay is wildly different several hours into the game. While I would need to play for more than 30 minutes to write a essay style review that doesn't mean a professional would need to do the same.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#22JobocanPosted 12/20/2012 7:16:37 AM
FayeLady posted...
The time limit doesn't seem like an issue with this game. Nothing I've seen in even the positive reviews seem to indicate that the gameplay is wildly different several hours into the game. While I would need to play for more than 30 minutes to write a essay style review that doesn't mean a professional would need to do the same.

Actually a "professional" would NEED to do better. It's their job, it's not acceptable that publications let their reviewers half-ass their work.

Oh and being a "professional" has no bearing on anything. It just means they have a journalism degree of some sort.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#23PedroMontanaPosted 12/20/2012 7:19:29 AM
Never played ZU, but it got mixed reviews, not horrible ones and it clearly isn't for everyone. Perhaps some reviewers were to harsh, some were overconfident, whatever.

What really makes "professional" reviewers look incompetent and makes them look like they are promoting ignorance and bad taste, is how they underrated the excellent Tank! Tank! Tank! Tank!.
I remember when "hardcore" described people who actually appreciated the crazy, simple, challenging games that come out of japanese arcades instead of the next best hollywood type blockbuster game with overcomplicated controls and no replay value.
I remember when hardcore meant knowing games other people didn't like Parodius, not being the biggest fanboy if what currently gets the most TV ads.

T!T!T!'s only real flaw is the lack of online, but for some reason that's not enough to bash Nintendo's first party titles that lack it to hell and back (NSMB1/2/W/U and Nintendo Land all scoring in the 80's, Pikmin 3 sure to get glowing reviews).
---
No More Heroes
#24FayeLadyPosted 12/20/2012 7:26:26 AM
Jobocan posted...
FayeLady posted...

Actually a "professional" would NEED to do better. It's their job, it's not acceptable that publications let their reviewers half-ass their work.

Oh and being a "professional" has no bearing on anything. It just means they have a journalism degree of some sort.

Being a professional has bearing on how many of these reviews they need to get out in a given time period, particularly this time of month.

Even dropping the professional label, games should be fun. If you don't enjoy the first portion of a game, and nothing indicates the rest will be any different, it seems like self punishment to continue. The only way I see this as a disservice to users is if they played less than the required amount to form a decent opinion, just because you dont agree with that opinion doesn't mean does not mean they did not.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#25DTY3Posted 12/20/2012 7:29:20 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Do you guys google random crap to try and use here, and then settle for any garbage site ever that comes up?

coffeewithgames... lol.

I can think of a few people who do that...

"LOLZ THIS BLOG POST FROM SOMEBODY SAYS WII U WILL FAIL! I AGREE."

Happened EVERY day before release.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#26MisterSmeePosted 12/20/2012 8:03:26 AM
ZombiU is a bad game and it deserved the bad reviews.

Its really got nothing going for it bar atmosphere. Gameplay is tedious, story pathetic, graphics mediocre.

The reviewers were actually correct this time round.
#27huyiPosted 12/20/2012 8:08:59 AM
That is why i like angry joes reviews, he plays through the game till completion THEN he expresses his opinion on the game unlike ign who are fueled by money and nothing else, on top of that i hate when someone reviews a game in 5 minuites, its impossible to review a game in such a small period.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#28fon1988Posted 12/20/2012 8:09:37 AM
wingo84 posted...
People need to trust their own opinions

THIS.

You can watch gameplay videos, previews, reviews, and what not and decide if you want to give the game a try or not, but don't blindly trust reviews.

Try the game for yourself and make your own opinion.

There are numerous low scoring games that I have loved over the years.
#29huyiPosted 12/20/2012 8:10:34 AM
MisterSmee posted...
ZombiU is a bad game and it deserved the bad reviews.

Its really got nothing going for it bar atmosphere. Gameplay is tedious, story pathetic, graphics mediocre.

The reviewers were actually correct this time round.

Even ashens thought the game was poor and he reviews poor games for enterainment lol
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#30darkqueenhelbaPosted 12/20/2012 8:13:04 AM
Most people know that reviewers seldom play the entirety of the game. It's fairly obvious just from reading/watching their review.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!