This is why you can't always trust reviews...

#41Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2012 9:15:02 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Do you guys google random crap to try and use here, and then settle for any garbage site ever that comes up?

coffeewithgames... lol.

This.

It reminds me of how a friend of mine desperately wanted Dirge of Cerberus to be a good game. After reading about a dozen reviews that gave it 5s and 6s, she finally found some random ass reviewer that none of us had ever heard of before that gave it a 7. And she clung to that as justification for her now putting on her shoes to run out and buy it.

Hilarious the lengths people will go to in an attempt to stay in denial.

Except in his case it's YOU that is going off of a couple of bad reviews and ignoring the dozens of good/great reviews...don't believe me, go to metacritic and see for yourself!

This isn't just about Zombi U...it's the simple fact that reviewers should state how far into a game they played. If someone hated Zombi U and didn't feel like they had to play any further to state that fact, it should be mentioned in the review how long and where he left off. It is something to consider and not just be ignored.
#42FayeLadyPosted 12/20/2012 9:15:58 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
huyi posted...
That is why i like angry joes reviews, he plays through the game till completion THEN he expresses his opinion on the game unlike ign who are fueled by money and nothing else, on top of that i hate when someone reviews a game in 5 minuites, its impossible to review a game in such a small period.

Except IGN DOES complete their games before reviewing them, and contrary to popular belief IGN is comprised of human beings that genuinely enjoy games. They're not just a soulless corporation with an agenda.

They should be, they would better fit with the companies they cover.
Works for the Apple Blogs.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#43Jackie_GleasonPosted 12/20/2012 9:21:05 AM
PedroMontana posted...
Never played ZU, but it got mixed reviews, not horrible ones and it clearly isn't for everyone. Perhaps some reviewers were to harsh, some were overconfident, whatever.

What really makes "professional" reviewers look incompetent and makes them look like they are promoting ignorance and bad taste, is how they underrated the excellent Tank! Tank! Tank! Tank!.
I remember when "hardcore" described people who actually appreciated the crazy, simple, challenging games that come out of japanese arcades instead of the next best hollywood type blockbuster game with overcomplicated controls and no replay value.
I remember when hardcore meant knowing games other people didn't like Parodius, not being the biggest fanboy if what currently gets the most TV ads.

T!T!T!'s only real flaw is the lack of online, but for some reason that's not enough to bash Nintendo's first party titles that lack it to hell and back (NSMB1/2/W/U and Nintendo Land all scoring in the 80's, Pikmin 3 sure to get glowing reviews).

I really don't think that Tank*3 is the best pick for arguing that reviewers suck. It is pretty obvious that Tank*3 has a really low production value and that Namco is going for that sweet, quick, launch-buck.

Tank*3 has been getting nothing but mediocre to poor reviews from every reviewer on e.g. metacritic and gamerankings, mainly because they feel it's a $10 game in a $50 dress. So, treat reviewers as just another opinion, but using Tank*3 as an argument as to prove their incompetence doesn't quite stick.
#4440DribylfPosted 12/20/2012 9:29:39 AM
This isn't just about Zombi U...it's the simple fact that reviewers should state how far into a game they played.

Why, when it should be obvious that they completed a game?

Reviewers don't toss games aside when they don't like it. They're not allowed to. If they do, they'll be fired so fast. You're not put on a pedestal for being a reviewer on a famous website. The game industry is **** and the job is ****.

When a reviewer doesn't finish a game, they'll state that they didn't and not assign it a score. Anthony Burch when he was on Dtoid http://www.destructoid.com/not-review-metro-2033-168418.phtml

So again, this is

He doesn't 'expose' anything. His entire argument seems to be "I don't agree with their reviews so they didn't play the game".

---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#45TheSpectrePosted 12/20/2012 9:31:11 AM
people are desperately trying to vindicate themselves. geez
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#46Gen2000Posted 12/20/2012 9:44:28 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
Except IGN DOES complete their games before reviewing them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/20/tales-of-graces-f-review-un-scored
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#47Kenichi34Posted 12/20/2012 9:52:00 AM
I learned not to trust reviewers a long time ago when some of my favorite games got slammed by reviewers. They're a guideline, but ultimately what matters is your own feelings and opinion. Go with your instincts and you'll rarely go wrong.
---
GT: Kenichi340
"What was the point of that pregnant pause!?" - Edgeworth
#4840DribylfPosted 12/20/2012 9:57:35 AM
Godstriker8 posted...
Except IGN DOES complete their games before reviewing them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/03/20/tales-of-graces-f-review-un-scored

If anything, this prove they finish their games before reviewing them.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#49Gen2000Posted 12/20/2012 10:19:28 AM
But it's a link to a review (not labeled preview or random thoughts) ....of a game they didn't finish...so no.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#50JKatarnPosted 12/20/2012 10:38:43 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Drones are hilarious. "guize, guize, I just had a GRATE idea.. we can BLOCK any person that dusnt think teh Wii U is da best things our mommys have evur bought us EVER!!!! Itf full=proof!!"

You do realize your little hypothetical quote/anger towards Wii-U fanboys is just as hilarious - why do you have so much invested in what console/games others choose to play?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES