Nintendo TVii is live!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo TVii is live!
3 years ago#21
I don't have a cable box in my room, but there are others in the house. I was hoping just being subscribed to the cable provider was enough, but apparently you must have the box set up to the TV you're using the Wii U on. I'm not sure though.
"i read the first one. it was so bad that my skin turned inside out and I rolled in a pile of salt just to make myself feel better."- AyumiSqueezetoy
3 years ago#22
It's VERY slow compared to the Amazon Prime Channel.

Well yeah, the whole system is slow what did you expect...?
3 years ago#23
Icecreamdunwich posted...
It's VERY slow compared to the Amazon Prime Channel.

Well yeah, the whole system is slow what did you expect...?

You to make a redundant comment.
3 years ago#24
Okay, I am really confused by this.
Those help vids didn't help much.
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
3 years ago#25
Henry Townsend posted...
I don't have a cable box in my room, but there are others in the house. I was hoping just being subscribed to the cable provider was enough, but apparently you must have the box set up to the TV you're using the Wii U on. I'm not sure though.

If it makes you switch inputs then it doesn't need to be on the same tv your Wii U is hooked to.

Take your gamepad into a room that has a cable box and program the remote function to that TV and set up TVii there.

You won't be able to use your gamepad as a remote on the TV your Wii U is connected to anymore though.

There is no way the Wii U knows that it's connected to the same TV as your cable. As long as your gamepad signal reaches to the next room, it will work.
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
3 years ago#26
Henry Townsend posted...

Well, now I know its useless to me.
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
3 years ago#27
The fact that the Nintendo help page for TVii is stating that if the content shown on the TVii guide is in a service like Netflix or Hulu, the TVii app is closed out and the service app is then launched makes this useless to me. I was hoping to get that timeline second screen info stuff for Netflix and Hulu, but it appears like that function only works for live TV.
3 years ago#28
No OmegaBlades, read the post above yours. I'm still confused, but I'll try to figure it out.
"i read the first one. it was so bad that my skin turned inside out and I rolled in a pile of salt just to make myself feel better."- AyumiSqueezetoy
3 years ago#29
OmegaBlades posted...
Henry Townsend posted...

Well, now I know its useless to me.

People, the only two things it connects to are your Cable Box and your Wii U (for internet connection).

You can walk to any room in your house that has a cable box and your gamepad signal works in and set TVii up. It doesn't have to be on the TV your Wii U is on.

The only thing you lose in the process is the remote control ability for the TV your Wii U is connected to.
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
3 years ago#30
I guess what I meant was, I wanted to watch cable in my room without a cable box, by bypassing that (cheating) and using TVii. We do have cable, just not in my room.

What you're saying is that I can take the gamepad and use it on the living room tv with the cable box, right?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo TVii is live!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived