Nintendo TVii is live!

#21Henry TownsendPosted 12/20/2012 1:20:16 PM
I don't have a cable box in my room, but there are others in the house. I was hoping just being subscribed to the cable provider was enough, but apparently you must have the box set up to the TV you're using the Wii U on. I'm not sure though.
---
"i read the first one. it was so bad that my skin turned inside out and I rolled in a pile of salt just to make myself feel better."- AyumiSqueezetoy
#22IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/20/2012 1:21:15 PM
It's VERY slow compared to the Amazon Prime Channel.

Well yeah, the whole system is slow what did you expect...?
#23geneticsftwPosted 12/20/2012 1:23:58 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
It's VERY slow compared to the Amazon Prime Channel.

Well yeah, the whole system is slow what did you expect...?

You to make a redundant comment.
#24spealfan444Posted 12/20/2012 1:25:27 PM
Okay, I am really confused by this.
Those help vids didn't help much.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#25mhunterchumpPosted 12/20/2012 1:26:29 PM
Henry Townsend posted...
I don't have a cable box in my room, but there are others in the house. I was hoping just being subscribed to the cable provider was enough, but apparently you must have the box set up to the TV you're using the Wii U on. I'm not sure though.

If it makes you switch inputs then it doesn't need to be on the same tv your Wii U is hooked to.

Take your gamepad into a room that has a cable box and program the remote function to that TV and set up TVii there.

You won't be able to use your gamepad as a remote on the TV your Wii U is connected to anymore though.

There is no way the Wii U knows that it's connected to the same TV as your cable. As long as your gamepad signal reaches to the next room, it will work.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#26OmegaBladesPosted 12/20/2012 1:27:58 PM
Henry Townsend posted...

Well, now I know its useless to me.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#27kissdadookiePosted 12/20/2012 1:30:05 PM
The fact that the Nintendo help page for TVii is stating that if the content shown on the TVii guide is in a service like Netflix or Hulu, the TVii app is closed out and the service app is then launched makes this useless to me. I was hoping to get that timeline second screen info stuff for Netflix and Hulu, but it appears like that function only works for live TV.
#28Henry TownsendPosted 12/20/2012 1:30:11 PM
No OmegaBlades, read the post above yours. I'm still confused, but I'll try to figure it out.
---
"i read the first one. it was so bad that my skin turned inside out and I rolled in a pile of salt just to make myself feel better."- AyumiSqueezetoy
#29mhunterchumpPosted 12/20/2012 1:31:26 PM
OmegaBlades posted...
Henry Townsend posted...

Well, now I know its useless to me.

People, the only two things it connects to are your Cable Box and your Wii U (for internet connection).

You can walk to any room in your house that has a cable box and your gamepad signal works in and set TVii up. It doesn't have to be on the TV your Wii U is on.

The only thing you lose in the process is the remote control ability for the TV your Wii U is connected to.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#30Henry TownsendPosted 12/20/2012 1:36:34 PM
I guess what I meant was, I wanted to watch cable in my room without a cable box, by bypassing that (cheating) and using TVii. We do have cable, just not in my room.

What you're saying is that I can take the gamepad and use it on the living room tv with the cable box, right?
---