Nintendo TVii is live!

#31trenkenPosted 12/20/2012 1:39:18 PM
mhunterchump posted...
Details please, I'm stuck at work still!

You can change the channels with it. Dont get too excited.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#32CapnStankyPosted 12/20/2012 1:39:51 PM
Just used it, and will most likely never use it again. What a waste. It's doing nothing my Directv App on my iPad hasnt done for years. Except TVii is doing it all REALLY REALLY SLOWLY. And the stupid thing doesnt even offer the option to bring up the programs already stored on my DVR. What a joke. No one is going to be buying a Wii U for this junk.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#33TsukentoPosted 12/20/2012 1:40:12 PM
So here I was, expecting to be able to watch TV directly on my gamepad while the TV was occupied. Instead, I got an overhyped universal remote app that lets me play Netflix, Amazon Movies and Hulu on the TV.

Why was this such a big deal, again?
#34silverbulltPosted 12/20/2012 1:40:25 PM
Tried it and TVii is useless for 90% of the people out there.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
#35MrBanballowPosted 12/20/2012 1:42:31 PM(edited)
Hm... after getting it set up, there's only one thing that I don't see, that should be added. Don't see a button to go to previous channel. There are two channels in particular that I watch a lot, so I flip between them quite often.

Edit: I see that my favorite channels have been added to the remote wheel. I guess that helps, but time could still be cut down with a previous button channel.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#36mhunterchumpPosted 12/20/2012 1:41:46 PM
Henry Townsend posted...
I guess what I meant was, I wanted to watch cable in my room without a cable box, by bypassing that (cheating) and using TVii. We do have cable, just not in my room.

What you're saying is that I can take the gamepad and use it on the living room tv with the cable box, right?

Yes, you are correct here. By taking it into the living room and setting it up, you then could use it on that tv.

Yeah, I also hoped you'd be able to stream stuff to another TV ot the gamepad but I guess not. I did hear that you might be able to stream recorded stuff from the DVR/Tivo so maybe that will happen later when they activate those features.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#37silverbulltPosted 12/20/2012 1:41:59 PM
Tsukento posted...
So here I was, expecting to be able to watch TV directly on my gamepad while the TV was occupied. Instead, I got an overhyped universal remote app that lets me play Netflix, Amazon Movies and Hulu on the TV.

It wasn't. But like everything else Nintendo does, fanboys think it will be amazing. Don't set yourself up for disapointment.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
#38trenkenPosted 12/20/2012 1:42:04 PM
Tsukento posted...

People spend $350 on a system with no games, so suddenly useless features are actually important.

Honestly I dont get it at all. This thing always seemed like a total waste to me. Im not here trying to justify my purchase telling myself horrible features are more than they are.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#39CapnStankyPosted 12/20/2012 1:42:12 PM
Henry Townsend posted...
I guess what I meant was, I wanted to watch cable in my room without a cable box, by bypassing that (cheating) and using TVii. We do have cable, just not in my room.

What you're saying is that I can take the gamepad and use it on the living room tv with the cable box, right?

Not sure why people thought this would be an option. All the thing does is act like a remote control. That's it. For a very few limited shows, it allows you to type something into miiverse (yawn). Otherwise it's just a glorified iPad App, except a really slow one. The only cool thing I saw was that it can track stats for games you're watching, but if you already own a tablet you're better off using an app there since the battery in the Wii U controller will die before the games are over.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#40DougyBPosted 12/20/2012 1:42:19 PM
Man I hate IR sensors so much. The damn thing can't seem to ever work right.
---
b