Nintendo TVii is live!

#41TsukentoPosted 12/20/2012 1:42:20 PM
yanya: Set them up as your favorite channels. You can switch back and forth between the two when you do.
#42QaxPosted 12/20/2012 1:43:01 PM
Tried it and TVii is useless for 90% of the people out there.

But 40% of all statistics are made up half the time, all the time.
---
Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
#43Henry TownsendPosted 12/20/2012 1:43:35 PM
mhunterchump posted...
Henry Townsend posted...
I guess what I meant was, I wanted to watch cable in my room without a cable box, by bypassing that (cheating) and using TVii. We do have cable, just not in my room.

What you're saying is that I can take the gamepad and use it on the living room tv with the cable box, right?

Yes, you are correct here. By taking it into the living room and setting it up, you then could use it on that tv.

Yeah, I also hoped you'd be able to stream stuff to another TV ot the gamepad but I guess not. I did hear that you might be able to stream recorded stuff from the DVR/Tivo so maybe that will happen later when they activate those features.

Damn, well I guess back to playing games then. . .
---
"i read the first one. it was so bad that my skin turned inside out and I rolled in a pile of salt just to make myself feel better."- AyumiSqueezetoy
#44shinkyoacb87Posted 12/20/2012 1:45:49 PM
lol @ everyone being disappointed, did i read the same description of tvii as everyone else last month? tvii is doing exactly what i knew it would do based on the info nintendo gave out
---
PSN : ask
#45CapnStankyPosted 12/20/2012 1:46:52 PM
Once again, here's all TVii does:

It searches content on Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, and whichever TV provider you listed. This is something Microsoft has been doing on the 360 for over a year.

Secondly it acts as a remote control, but an extremely slow remote control with very very limited controls of your DVR. You're much better off using the actual remote that came with your DVR/TV.

As always, Nintendo fans expect greatness from Nintendo and they under-deliver in a major way.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#46Gman2989Posted 12/20/2012 1:47:27 PM
Just got it working, and what a huge disappointing piece of crap. Inexcusably slow, lack of features, and the way the remote works with the TV is nothing useful to me. Really disappointed. The only use I see for this, is this weekend I will watch some NFL with it and see what the second screen experience gives.
---
PSN & Nintendo Network: Gman2989 Currently Playing: PS All Stars, LBP Karting, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Nintendoland, NSMBU
#47drothegreat0nePosted 12/20/2012 1:48:06 PM
Can't wait to use it. I got it set up, but I have to leave for work.

You are ignoring 7 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
---
NNID - PeterTheGreat
Xbox Live - PeterTheGreat01
#48kissdadookiePosted 12/20/2012 1:48:48 PM
CapnStanky posted...
Just used it, and will most likely never use it again. What a waste. It's doing nothing my Directv App on my iPad hasnt done for years. Except TVii is doing it all REALLY REALLY SLOWLY. And the stupid thing doesnt even offer the option to bring up the programs already stored on my DVR. What a joke. No one is going to be buying a Wii U for this junk.

Yeah, that DVR part is a big gotcha. I highly doubt that the Wii U would ever get access to Cable provider DVR functions. That's why the Wii U has TiVO for the TVii app, because that's the only DVR system third parties have access to control, problem is, most people do not have TiVO anymore since cable providers started including the DVR as part of the cable box.
#49Game-XpertPosted 12/20/2012 1:48:55 PM
So let me get this straight... I have a Comcast cable box and Direct TV box downstairs but none upstairs where my Wii U is. So all I have to do is take my Wii U pad near the boxes and ill be able to watch it upstairs where i have no cable or satellite boxes are?
#50CapnStankyPosted 12/20/2012 1:51:59 PM
kissdadookie posted...
CapnStanky posted...
Just used it, and will most likely never use it again. What a waste. It's doing nothing my Directv App on my iPad hasnt done for years. Except TVii is doing it all REALLY REALLY SLOWLY. And the stupid thing doesnt even offer the option to bring up the programs already stored on my DVR. What a joke. No one is going to be buying a Wii U for this junk.

Yeah, that DVR part is a big gotcha. I highly doubt that the Wii U would ever get access to Cable provider DVR functions. That's why the Wii U has TiVO for the TVii app, because that's the only DVR system third parties have access to control, problem is, most people do not have TiVO anymore since cable providers started including the DVR as part of the cable box.

Why bother giving me the option to record a show, if you're not also going to give me the controls to play one back on my TV? All this thing does is act like a glorified remote, so why not emulate every control of my actual DVR remote? I don't see why that's too much to ask?
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4