Nintendo TVii is live!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo TVii is live!
4 years ago#61
TVii works on a television without a Cable Box, the hell are you people talking about?
Hello... you lost me at "hello"...
Currently Playing: Zelda2, ZombiU
4 years ago#62
MetalGusREbirth posted...
''Nintendo TVii supports most television providers available in the US and Canada, including cable, satellite, and over-the-air television providers.''

OTA! That's pretty cool. I always assumed I wouldn't be able to use TVii. I'll at least give it a try.

It works because the thing is a IR remote. Duh.
4 years ago#63
It's actually a neat little service. No one would complain if it weren't ever released, but it's a real nice addition for free. I've added dozens of shows already. Maybe the feature I like most, so far, is seeing what's on right now. Sure, you could always just channel surf and see the names of the shows on your cable/satellite, but with TVii you get a thumbnail. I'd have completely overlooked some shows based just on the name.
4 years ago#64
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
It's actually a neat little service. No one would complain if it weren't ever released, but it's a real nice addition for free. I've added dozens of shows already. Maybe the feature I like most, so far, is seeing what's on right now. Sure, you could always just channel surf and see the names of the shows on your cable/satellite, but with TVii you get a thumbnail. I'd have completely overlooked some shows based just on the name.

Until it starts accessing the stuff I've DVR'd or allows me to program what to DVR, it's pretty useless. Even the one thing I was looking forward to, the timeline second screen feature, that thing is pretty useless since it only works with live TV content, no support for it for DVR'd content, Netflix content, or Hulu content.
4 years ago#65
I set it up to my dad's ATT U-Verse thing and it's actually really impressive. At least in the sense that it's a remarkably functional TV Guide, that allows you to switch to the channel you want without having to go to the guide menu in the box.

It's basically a very user friendly Google TV or Smart Remote.
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
4 years ago#66
kissdadookie posted...
MechaKoopa5000 posted...

Until it starts accessing the stuff I've DVR'd or allows me to program what to DVR, it's pretty useless. Even the one thing I was looking forward to, the timeline second screen feature, that thing is pretty useless since it only works with live TV content, no support for it for DVR'd content, Netflix content, or Hulu content.

No one cares about your feelings or opinion. You sir are a known troll so they wont listen to you. :(
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
4 years ago#67
Gdboyratedloud posted...
kissdadookie posted...
MechaKoopa5000 posted...

No one cares about your feelings or opinion. You sir are a known troll so they wont listen to you. :(

Again with this ridiculous claim that I'm a troll just because I'm one of the few who actually refuses to just blindly praise Nintendo? HA HA HA HA HA.
4 years ago#68
The sports option with TV Tag is pretty awesome. It's much easier to check the NFL schedule on this than on my smartphone.
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
4 years ago#69
kissdadookie posted...
Gdboyratedloud posted...
kissdadookie posted...
MechaKoopa5000 posted...

Again with this ridiculous claim that I'm a troll just because I'm one of the few who actually refuses to just blindly praise Nintendo? HA HA HA HA HA.

No, every single post you make on this board is overly negative. THATS WHY
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
4 years ago#70
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
TVii works on a television without a Cable Box, the hell are you people talking about?

This.
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo TVii is live!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived