Nintendo TVii is live!

#71kissdadookiePosted 12/20/2012 2:39:31 PM(edited)
Gdboyratedloud posted...
kissdadookie posted...
Gdboyratedloud posted...
kissdadookie posted...
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
It's actually a neat little service. No one would complain if it weren't ever released, but it's a real nice addition for free. I've added dozens of shows already. Maybe the feature I like most, so far, is seeing what's on right now. Sure, you could always just channel surf and see the names of the shows on your cable/satellite, but with TVii you get a thumbnail. I'd have completely overlooked some shows based just on the name.

Until it starts accessing the stuff I've DVR'd or allows me to program what to DVR, it's pretty useless. Even the one thing I was looking forward to, the timeline second screen feature, that thing is pretty useless since it only works with live TV content, no support for it for DVR'd content, Netflix content, or Hulu content.

No one cares about your feelings or opinion. You sir are a known troll so they wont listen to you. :(

Again with this ridiculous claim that I'm a troll just because I'm one of the few who actually refuses to just blindly praise Nintendo? HA HA HA HA HA.

No, every single post you make on this board is overly negative. THATS WHY

Again, I'm not going to go around giving gold stars for POTENTIAL. I'm only commenting on what is available NOW. Did I go around saying that the TVii is forever doomed? No, I've pointed out that it really needs to have better integration with DVRs that MOST PEOPLE HAVE for the features to become truly invaluable. MOST people with a current cable box DO NOT watch live TV, they DVR most of the content that they watch. So if MOST of your cable TV content is DVRd but the TVii service doesn't sync with that, how then is the TVii function in its current form truly all that great?

Think about it, the only LIVE TV most of us watch is the news and sports, but almost everything else these days we DVR.
#72mikehawkshardPosted 12/20/2012 2:39:54 PM
This thing will be pretty awesome when/if they get TV Tag up for ANY show you're watching at that time and not just for certain live shows and sports.
---
World's Biggest Blue Oyster Cult Fan
#73CapnStankyPosted 12/20/2012 2:40:30 PM
Phange 2 posted...
The sports option with TV Tag is pretty awesome. It's much easier to check the NFL schedule on this than on my smartphone.

No it isn't. Good god. Unless of course you've downloaded the worst smartphone sports app in the history of the world.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#74kissdadookiePosted 12/20/2012 2:41:36 PM
mikehawkshard posted...
This thing will be pretty awesome when/if they get TV Tag up for ANY show you're watching at that time and not just for certain live shows and sports.

My thoughts exactly. For TVii to really be great, it seriously needs to integrate with AT LEAST the stuff sitting on the DVR on your cable box. I mean, even for the programming that TVii currently does have support for, if you DVRd it, that TV Tag doesn't sync up with that content.
#75JediOptimusPosted 12/20/2012 2:42:58 PM
Anyone know how to remove this damn greys anatomy in the favorites??
---
I am strong because i live in loneliness.
#76MrBanballowPosted 12/20/2012 3:08:15 PM
*Searches for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles*
*Sees that it's currently playing on Nick 2, also available on Hulu and from Amazon*
*Taps Nick 2*
*Is watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles*
... well played TVii, well played.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#77PyjamaHeroPosted 12/20/2012 3:10:32 PM
I don't have a Wii U yet. Does this work if you have an HD antenna, or do you have to have some paid provider?
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
#78bond0045Posted 12/20/2012 4:12:29 PM
yall do know that DVR, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and amazon services are being added later, right?
#79CapnStankyPosted 12/20/2012 4:14:39 PM
bond0045 posted...
yall do know that DVR, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and amazon services are being added later, right?

Who cares? It's already too slow to load/use those apps. The only people this is good for are the unfortunate folks that only own a Wii U. As someone that owns a 360/PS3 this is total crap. It's nothing more than a really bad universal remote that cant even control my DVR or stereo.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#80bond0045Posted 12/20/2012 4:25:15 PM
I think I'm getting to old for gamefaqs....