Nintendo TVii is live!

#81geneticsftwPosted 12/20/2012 4:27:14 PM
CapnStanky posted...
bond0045 posted...
yall do know that DVR, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and amazon services are being added later, right?

Who cares? It's already too slow to load/use those apps. The only people this is good for are the unfortunate folks that only own a Wii U. As someone that owns a 360/PS3 this is total crap. It's nothing more than a really bad universal remote that cant even control my DVR or stereo.

Wrong
#82RHFPosted 12/20/2012 4:40:01 PM
The only thing I'm a little bummed about TVii is that I was hoping you could watch shows on the game pad, while the TV is on another channel.

Unless it can do that and I haven't figured it out, and I don't mean having to pay Amazon to do it.

Maybe it's a feature to be added later, but that's about the only thing I was interested when this became live.

Otherwise, left a little unimpressed, a few of my favorite shows aren't even in the listings, I can understand since they're old shows and no longer on TV, like Rocko's modern life and Mighty max.

Anywho, I wasn't pumped for it, but it's an okay feature, but it still does what it did before with acting like a remote.

I do like when it tells me if an upcoming episode is the way, like it told me Tosh was on now.
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#83keybladeXIIIPosted 12/20/2012 4:45:13 PM
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
Hmmmmm.

Anyway, can you use the TV tag feature with your PS3/360? No. Can you easily switch between channels using the PS3/360? No. I can easily see what movies are playing live without using the stupid "guide" function that comes with every cable box. Heck, I even found some channels I didn't even know I had. My family and I each have different shows we like, and they can log in to easily switch between channels and stuff. For my grandma, this was amazing since she just had to touch the "Food Network" button rather than entering some 5 digit number. Some people will find it useful, some others will not- stop degrading TVii like it's just some Universal remote.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#84CapnStankyPosted 12/20/2012 4:45:54 PM
geneticsftw posted...
CapnStanky posted...
bond0045 posted...
yall do know that DVR, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and amazon services are being added later, right?

Who cares? It's already too slow to load/use those apps. The only people this is good for are the unfortunate folks that only own a Wii U. As someone that owns a 360/PS3 this is total crap. It's nothing more than a really bad universal remote that cant even control my DVR or stereo.

Wrong

It's not wrong at all. TVii is nothing more than a webapp. That's all it is. Not even a good one. The only interaction TVii has with your TV is via remote. Just like every single other remote control in the world. Dont blame me that you cant comprehend this simplest of concepts. My iPad Directv app at least has the ability to connect via Wifi and set recordings, launch programs I already recorded, and manage season passes. TVii is just awful.
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#85geneticsftwPosted 12/20/2012 4:49:03 PM
CapnStanky posted...
geneticsftw posted...
CapnStanky posted...
bond0045 posted...

Wrong

It's not wrong at all. TVii is nothing more than a webapp. That's all it is. Not even a good one. The only interaction TVii has with your TV is via remote. Just like every single other remote control in the world. Dont blame me that you cant comprehend this simplest of concepts. My iPad Directv app at least has the ability to connect via Wifi and set recordings, launch programs I already recorded, and manage season passes. TVii is just awful.

Blah blah blah slow blah blah blah
#86mhunterchumpPosted 12/20/2012 5:21:51 PM(edited)
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
TVii works on a television without a Cable Box, the hell are you people talking about?

What? Please explain because, yes the app will work but most of the features won't.

edit: unless you mean a tv that has basic cable with no box, then yes you are correct but some sort of cable is needed to use most features.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump