I just read that Nintendo sells Wii U consoles at a loss

#21DemonDog666Posted 12/20/2012 9:18:44 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
I'm glad Nintendo doesn't include a DVD/Blueray player in their consoles. I just want something that plays games, no need for extra stuff like that which raises the price.

Their drive can play dvds, and it costs more then a blu ray one lol.
#22lunchEATSyouPosted 12/20/2012 9:18:54 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
silverbullt posted...
Oh so now Nintendo fanboys can be wrong?

Implying that DemonDog666's a fanboy. Or do you just label anyone who pays attention to Nintendo as a "fanboy"?

Did someone really just imply that DemonDog666 is a Nintendo fanboy?......... The world may indeed be ending...
---
"I knew it! It's a zombie! Miss, it's illegal to be a zombie!"
#23lazycomplifePosted 12/20/2012 9:20:39 PM
Yeah the consoles are selling at a loss and they have no good games so they'll never make the money back. This is the end of Nintendo.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 0691 3070 5643
#24silverbulltPosted 12/20/2012 9:41:44 PM
Alright guys, if it makes you feel slightly better at night, i did support Nintendo by purchasing a copy of NG3RE. Competition breeds excellence and Microsoft would get sloppy if Nintendo were to go away. Can't have that.
---
XBOX360 - It only does everything.
#25geneticsftwPosted 12/20/2012 9:42:45 PM
silverbullt posted...
Alright guys, if it makes you feel slightly better at night, i did support Nintendo by purchasing a copy of NG3RE. Competition breeds excellence and Microsoft would get sloppy if Nintendo were to go away. Can't have that.

Wise man
#26OtakuGameraPosted 12/20/2012 9:51:49 PM
i have a really hard time believing it is true

ATI 4xxx series = 40$+-
3 core 1.2ghz processor = cheap
4GB slow ram = even cheaper

this is just prices on the shelf, it just doesnt make sense that wii U is selling at a loss. especially when there are disrepancies in prices across all regions.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#27Golden MavenPosted 12/20/2012 10:03:04 PM
silverbullt posted...

Sony is still in the game, and there's always the possibility of gaming PCs keeping all console makers in check. We have it way better today than in the 90s, mainly thanks to the progress computers have made and their penetration of the market as standard household items.
#28Golden MavenPosted 12/20/2012 10:04:15 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
i have a really hard time believing it is true

ATI 4xxx series = 40$+-
3 core 1.2ghz processor = cheap
4GB slow ram = even cheaper

this is just prices on the shelf, it just doesnt make sense that wii U is selling at a loss. especially when there are disrepancies in prices across all regions.

I'm with you on this. Also, the actual touchscreen is using cheaper tech as well (when compared to the iPhone and such).
#29darkjedilinkPosted 12/20/2012 10:12:25 PM
The GPU's a 5870. You're already 100% wrong.

The wireless connectivity to the GamePad isn't cheap.

Neither is a proprietary high density media format.

Try harder.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#30TrstTheLordPosted 12/20/2012 10:14:49 PM(edited)
Reember that the $350 you paid in the story doesn't go to Nintendo. I don't know why people continue to think this. Electronics are usually sold at half price of the retail value at whole sale. So each Wii U sold gets Nintendo $175. It is reasonable that at that price they receive some losses.
---
Got married May 23,2009
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org Save thePolarBears!