Was the Wii a disappointment?

#61SigmaHacielPosted 12/21/2012 10:43:33 AM
I've had overall more fun on my Wii, tbh. Between Prime Trilogy, Twilight Princess, XBC, Mario, etc I've had collectively more fun.

There ARE better games on my PS3, so PS3 takes the top spot, but the Wii is such a close second I almost have two number 1s.

360 isn't even worth thinking about. Anything on there I remotely want is probably on my PC already. Which is even better because my PC runs better than that box.
#62NintendologicalPosted 12/21/2012 1:20:11 PM
Yoshi7720 posted...
What do you mean Nintendological, most people were very disappointed by Red Steel. The second one got a better rap ... or is it wrap. Hm.

I am not basing my statement on metacritic scores. In terms of sales, both Red Steel games sold very well.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#63DaMan1900Posted 12/21/2012 1:25:19 PM
ElGado posted...
Bryon25 posted...
Nope. Not for me. Here's a list of my wii games.

The legend of zelda twilight princess
The legend of zelda skyward sword
Super smash bros brawl
Mario kart wii
Kirby's epic yarn
Kirby's return to dreamland
Bleach shattered blade
Dragonball Z budokai tenkaichi 3
Dragonball revenge of king piccolo
Wario land shake it
Nights journey of dreams
Metroid prime trilogy
Metroid other m
Super mario galaxy
Super mario galaxy 2
New super mario bros wii
Super paper mario
Donkey kong barrel blast
Donkey kong jungle beat
Donkey kong country returns
Sonic and the secret rings
Sonic & Sega all star racing
Sonic unleashed
Sonic and the black knight
Sonic riders zero gravity
Sonic colors
Pokemon battle revolution
Tales of symphonia dawn of the new world
NBA jam
Tatsunoko vs capcom
Power rangers samurai
Rayman origins
Sin and punishment star successor
Spiderman shattered dimensions
Xenoblade chronicles
Epic mickey
Klonoa
Naruto shippuden clash of ninja revolution 3
Super mario all stars
The Last Story
Kirby's dream collection

I love these people who post these big lists and only 3 of the games on there are actually good.

i laugh more at half the list being ps2/GC ports or infreior ps3/360 ports
---
Ex Sony Fanboy
#64Yoshi7720Posted 12/21/2012 7:21:14 PM
Nintendological posted...
Yoshi7720 posted...
What do you mean Nintendological, most people were very disappointed by Red Steel. The second one got a better rap ... or is it wrap. Hm.

I am not basing my statement on metacritic scores. In terms of sales, both Red Steel games sold very well.

I'm not talking about Metacritic scores either. You said that people can't go wrong with Red Steel. The fact of the matter is it may have sold well, but huge numbers of people were disappointed with Red Steel. So people can and did go wrong buying Red Steel.
#65ADHDguitarPosted 12/21/2012 7:27:00 PM
From a library standpoint? Hell no.

720p would have been nice though.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#66Xenesis XenonPosted 12/21/2012 7:29:15 PM
No way, definitely got decent use out of my Wii with a bunch of games that I enjoyed.

It was disappointing in other ways like the Virtual Console and Nintendo's continued insistence on region locking.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#67IcedEarthaholicPosted 12/21/2012 7:47:59 PM
Yes and no. In North America in the later years it was a bitter disappointment. While I am happy we got Xenoblade Chronicles and The Last Story, I had to mod my Wii just to play the Fatal Frame 2 remake. It had some wonderful titles well worth owning yes, easily some of the best games out there, but in North America the library of great games remains incomplete, truly a shame.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#68diggyfreshPosted 12/21/2012 7:54:51 PM
Sort of a disappointment... Wii had some GREAT titles IMO, and I spent more than a few hours immersed in some great gameplay.

However, the Wii concept never materialized and instead of being something different than the rest, it sort of ended up playing second fiddle to the competition.

Hope Wii U can really distinguish itself from the other systems and make a great gaming experience.
#69Golden MavenPosted 12/21/2012 8:10:15 PM
The N64 ushered in and standardized 3D gaming, console FPS games and local multiplayer. The games doing so were brilliant not just in gameplay mechanics, but in actual creative elements. The GC was just a souped up N64 with decent Nintendo 1st party games, don't oversell this thing. The N64 did far more for gaming, and Nintendo had a more focused development team to make the ground-breaking N64 games. It was quality over quantity. The PS1 absolutely sucked for non JRPG fans, so the N64 was it at the time. The GC was merely a secondary console to our PS2s and XBoxs.

No one will tell me the N64 is below the GC or Wii, that is absolute nonsense. The GC and Wii were using mechanics which were created for the N64. Hell, a lot of creative elements for GC and Wii games were straight up recycled from the N64 days. The N64 is the GC's and Wii's daddy, and don't you forget it. The N64 was created in an era where Nintendo didn't dilute their talent, and it showed. You kids should respect the N64 or at least don't compare it to anything Nintendo is doing today. You obviously haven't experienced the N64 first hand in the 90s.
#70Enigma149Posted 12/21/2012 8:14:09 PM
sparkingconduit posted...
Bryon25 posted...
Nope. Not for me. Here's a list of my wii games.

The legend of zelda twilight princess
The legend of zelda skyward sword
Super smash bros brawl
Mario kart wii
Kirby's epic yarn
Kirby's return to dreamland
Bleach shattered blade
Dragonball Z budokai tenkaichi 3
Dragonball revenge of king piccolo

Wario land shake it
Nights journey of dreams
Metroid prime trilogy
Metroid other m
Super mario galaxy
Super mario galaxy 2
New super mario bros wii
Super paper mario
Donkey kong barrel blast
Donkey kong jungle beat
Donkey kong country returns
Sonic and the secret rings
Sonic & Sega all star racing
Sonic unleashed
Sonic and the black knight
Sonic riders zero gravity

Sonic colors
Pokemon battle revolution
Tales of symphonia dawn of the new world
NBA jam

Tatsunoko vs capcom
Power rangers samurai
Rayman origins
Sin and punishment star successor
Spiderman shattered dimensions
Xenoblade chronicles
Epic mickey
Klonoa
Naruto shippuden clash of ninja revolution 3
Super mario all stars

The Last Story
Kirby's dream collection

Lol. Half your list is okay, but the bolded half is terribly sad. I must ask: really? A Power Rangers game? That's only okay if you're 12 or under. If that's the case, I withdraw my objection.

Although I agree with you about Power Rangers, what's so bad about Kirby's Epic Yarn, Nights, and Klonoa?
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey