Was the Wii a disappointment?

#71moogle69Posted 12/21/2012 9:27:18 PM
Wii has alot of shelf worthy titles where is the HD twins really don't apart from HD and classic ports.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#72Thanatos112220Posted 12/21/2012 9:40:22 PM
Not for me, I love my Wii, but I also enjoy playing other consoles too so either way I'm always playing diff games all the time.
---
In dreams we can do anything, but in life we are limited.
#73NeoSamuelPosted 12/21/2012 10:30:34 PM
Not realy
My List

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Other M
Rune Factory Frontier
Rune Factory Tides of Destiny
Harvest Moon Animal Parade
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Final Fantasy 4 The After Years
Mario and Sonic at the Olimpic Games
Mario Kart Wii
Wii Sports
---
Im Black Mage. I cast spells that make people fall down.
#74HeaderHogPosted 12/21/2012 10:38:54 PM
For me? Nope. I expected something good and fun, and I got it. No fact will change that.
Playing it, even now, brings me nostalgia.
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#75cavebear56Posted 12/21/2012 10:46:17 PM
Not at all.

For me it went (first being the best option last being the worst)

PC
Wii
PS3
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
v

360 had a few games (just a few) I was interested in. Condemned (though now it's PC as well), Gears of War series, Halo Wars and that really was it.

Preferences will vary though.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#76emagdnEPosted 12/21/2012 10:47:37 PM
yes, yes it was

SMG was a masterpiece, but Brawl alone negates what good SMG did

and then we have SUCKward Sword, Other M, Radiant Dawn, the tech demos passed off as full fledged games.....
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#77Tsutarja495Posted 12/21/2012 10:58:30 PM
My list of titles I enjoyed that I own (not necessarily saying these are the good ones, I'm judging on my own taste alone, nothing objective), since other people are posting theirs.
1st Party: SSBB, NSMBW, Mario Galaxy, Mario Galaxy 2, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Zelda TP, Zelda SS, New Play Control: Mario Tennis, Wii Sports Resort, Metroid: Other M, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Xenoblade Chronicles
2nd Party: Pokepark Wii, Pokepark Wii 2, Endless Ocean
3rd Party: Dragon Quest Swords, Chocobo's Dungeon, Sakura Wars: So Long My Love, Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Baroque

Yeah, it was mostly a first party console for me, but I'm not done with it yet. Lots of stuff I'm still looking into. Now, how individual things on the Wii got handled certainly disappointed me. Pokemon was lacking, as Battle Revolution wasn't nearly as fun as the Gamecube RPG games or the N64 Stadium games. Mario Party 8 was fun, but Mario Party 9 was HORRENDOUS. Some other stuff too, but I don't feel like going on.
#78Mudkip_in_SpacePosted 12/21/2012 11:00:25 PM
I love my Wii.

Consoles:
1. GCN
2. Wii
3. PS3
4. N64
5. PS/2
6. The butt-ins
---
I'm a strong beautiful black Keyblade Master who don't need no man.
(Not meant to offend)
#79RJGamer1990Posted 12/21/2012 11:05:22 PM
Na I loved my Wii, it is easily the first or second preference of a console for me mighta had terrible third party support but the games it had that were great were amazing.
#80Metal_MercenaryPosted 12/22/2012 8:07:49 AM
Probably my least favourite console ever. I haven't bought a game for it since 2008, when I bought Super Smash Bros Brawl. Apart from Super Mario Galaxy, which I think was one of the best games released last decade, and a couple of other games, the Wii's software library was dire. Even the supposed big-hitters like Skyward Sword were very disappointing and felt like a step backwards from their predecessors. The only games I've seen people list are first party Nintendo titles, Xenoblade, and a bunch of obscure Japanese games I've never heard of or care about.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3