This is gonna make me sound like a total fanboy but...

#121DiscostewSMPosted 12/21/2012 10:35:04 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
Mixorz posted...
Aww look, the kid is so mad he starts flaming. It's okay, eventually they might think you're cool in middle school.

What?

Don't worry. He's just using his tears of anger to type that up.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#122ZopharothPosted 12/21/2012 10:35:44 AM
super_luigi16 posted...
Zopharoth posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Zopharoth posted...
At this current moment in time, I don't think any reasonable person can say the Wii U is better than the PS3.

So, someone that buys a launch PS3 for $599, has had it repaired a few times due to YLoD, has watched base features of the console be removed via software update and had his info stolen from PSN two weeks before a two-month PSN outage that they may or may not have paid for is CLEARLY unreasonable if they happen to like Wii U more?

The Wii U has been out for a month. Nobody knows what kinds of problems it might have down the line, and people are already bricking systems with firmware updates. A lot can happen in six years, so that's not remotely a fair comparison.

But you said "At this current moment in time." That includes everything that's ever happened to the PS3 until "this current point in time," right?

However, if you do want to play the Wii-U-might-have-problems-in-the-future-so-it's-an-unfair-comparison card, I'll play my the Wii-U-will-have-more-games/features/online-in-six-years-so-it's-an-unfair-comparison card.

You can't have it both ways.

If you were to go buy a PS3 or Wii U from a store right now, you would get more features, better online, and a much larger selection of games from the PS3. I'm not trying to have it both ways. You can twist words in your favor however you like, but that's a point you're going to have a hard time arguing.

I don't dislike the Wii U. It's just done nothing (again, at this moment in time) to prove itself as the superior system.
---
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard. - Ron Swanson
#123darkjedilinkPosted 12/21/2012 10:56:16 AM
Zopharoth posted...
If you were to go buy a PS3 or Wii U from a store right now, you would get more features, better online, and a much larger selection of games from the PS3.

That's not what you said. You made that comment in the context of TC liking the Wii U more than the PS3, claiming that it's impossible for such from anyone who's rational.

I'm not trying to have it both ways. You can twist words in your favor however you like, but that's a point you're going to have a hard time arguing.

The only person twisting words around is you.

I don't dislike the Wii U. It's just done nothing (again, at this moment in time) to prove itself as the superior system.

Once again, that is opinion, and not fact.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#124CapnStankyPosted 12/21/2012 10:56:51 AM
It doesn't even have better graphics than tablet games. Good god. Have you never seen a non-Nintendo device in your life?
---
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Forza Horizon, Halo 4
#125darkjedilinkPosted 12/21/2012 10:58:14 AM
Newbie00 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Newbie00 posted...
ALso, I'll have to agree with Luthor_ on this one.

I don't see how someone could rate the Ps3 a 3.5/5 while giving the Wii U a 5/5 without a huge bias.

Any of you denying that are suspect.

The Ps3 does nearly everything better at this point in time. Graphics, game quantity and quality, online, etc. And it's been on the market for years.

Opinions are BASED on bias. As such, this is a completely pointless post.

Are you okay? Opinions don't have to be based on bias.

Jeez, you say some really questionable things.

I like FPS games more than racing games. As such, if I like the best FPS game more than the best racing game, that opinion is based solely on my bias for FPS games.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#126PigfartsPosted 12/21/2012 10:58:27 AM
I'll keep it short, I agree with Luthor, Wii U 5/5 and ps3 3.5/5???

Now you need to look whats being rated on. Fun factor then yes since that is straight opinion. Hardware, then No, a 7 year old system on par with a 2 month old system.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#127WindMageKnightPosted 12/21/2012 10:59:00 AM
Troll topic is troll,

Seeing how he never posted again.
---
White 2795-5181-3042
#128super_luigi16Posted 12/21/2012 10:59:53 AM
Zopharoth posted...
If you were to go buy a PS3 or Wii U from a store right now, you would get more features, better online, and a much larger selection of games from the PS3. I'm not trying to have it both ways.

But we're supposed to have amnesia about Sony's mishandling of said "better online," according to your logic:

The Wii U has been out for a month. Nobody knows what kinds of problems it might have down the line, and people are already bricking systems with firmware updates. A lot can happen in six years, so that's not remotely a fair comparison.

Can I also have amnesia about every PS3 game that's been released since December 11th, 2006? Can I also go out and state it's not "a fair comparison" to compare the PS3's features to a console that has been out for less than a month?

Your hypocrisy is blatantly obvious. We're not allowed to use Sony's poor track record with its online to invalidate a PS3 purchase, but we MUST use the PS3's library that has been developed over the same span of time that said problems with the online have cropped up to validate the purchase.
---
Luigi > Mario
Current Project: Paper Mario: Sticker Star FAQ/Walkthrough (co-authored with RedIsPoetic)
#129DarkAdonis123Posted 12/21/2012 11:03:19 AM
Luthor_ posted...
No. I don't think you've owned anything but Nintendo consoles if you truly believe this.

Edit:

Just looked at your profile. You rated the Playstation 3 3.5/5, but the Wii U 5/5? Get the hell outta here. I doubt you really own a PS3. And the only game you bothered to put on your list besides Nintendo games was Black Ops?

You literally define this board. The fact that you have your Wii U stuff on your list proves you've updated your list recently so don't give that excuse.

I agree with this post.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#130PigfartsPosted 12/21/2012 11:03:36 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Nintendrones are hilarious.

Says the person who thinks it's odd that someone who likes the Wii U more than the PS3 rating the Wii U higher than the PS3....

To be fair the TC did say he was a nintendo fanboy (or would sound like one)
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.