This is gonna make me sound like a total fanboy but...

#131darkjedilinkPosted 12/21/2012 12:18:27 PM
Pigfarts posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Nintendrones are hilarious.

Says the person who thinks it's odd that someone who likes the Wii U more than the PS3 rating the Wii U higher than the PS3....

To be fair the TC did say he was a nintendo fanboy (or would sound like one)

That has nothing to do with what I posted. Under no circumstance should anyone find it odd - if someone likes something better than the other, it's only logical that they'd rate it higher. Rarely will people like something better than another but still rate the other as better.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#132ZopharothPosted 12/21/2012 12:22:22 PM(edited)
super_luigi16 posted...
Zopharoth posted...
If you were to go buy a PS3 or Wii U from a store right now, you would get more features, better online, and a much larger selection of games from the PS3. I'm not trying to have it both ways.

But we're supposed to have amnesia about Sony's mishandling of said "better online," according to your logic:

The Wii U has been out for a month. Nobody knows what kinds of problems it might have down the line, and people are already bricking systems with firmware updates. A lot can happen in six years, so that's not remotely a fair comparison.

Can I also have amnesia about every PS3 game that's been released since December 11th, 2006? Can I also go out and state it's not "a fair comparison" to compare the PS3's features to a console that has been out for less than a month?

Your hypocrisy is blatantly obvious. We're not allowed to use Sony's poor track record with its online to invalidate a PS3 purchase, but we MUST use the PS3's library that has been developed over the same span of time that said problems with the online have cropped up to validate the purchase.

You've ignored the point of the argument entirely, and I'm not going to convince you otherwise. Any rational person can see that right now the PS3 has a lot more to offer than the Wii U. I hope the Wii U is successful. I hope it ends up with an enormous library of great games. But to say that it's better than the PS3 is incredibly premature, and to quote the Flaming Lips, all we have is now.
---
Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish and feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard. - Ron Swanson
#133DeviousLightPosted 12/21/2012 12:21:50 PM
Luthor_ posted...
No. I don't think you've owned anything but Nintendo consoles if you truly believe this.

Edit:

Just looked at your profile. You rated the Playstation 3 3.5/5, but the Wii U 5/5? Get the hell outta here. I doubt you really own a PS3. And the only game you bothered to put on your list besides Nintendo games was Black Ops?

You literally define this board. The fact that you have your Wii U stuff on your list proves you've updated your list recently so don't give that excuse.

HAHAHA. TC got owned. Wii U fails PS3 ftw
---
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
#134darkjedilinkPosted 12/21/2012 12:27:03 PM
Zopharoth posted...
super_luigi16 posted...
Zopharoth posted...
If you were to go buy a PS3 or Wii U from a store right now, you would get more features, better online, and a much larger selection of games from the PS3. I'm not trying to have it both ways.

But we're supposed to have amnesia about Sony's mishandling of said "better online," according to your logic:

The Wii U has been out for a month. Nobody knows what kinds of problems it might have down the line, and people are already bricking systems with firmware updates. A lot can happen in six years, so that's not remotely a fair comparison.

Can I also have amnesia about every PS3 game that's been released since December 11th, 2006? Can I also go out and state it's not "a fair comparison" to compare the PS3's features to a console that has been out for less than a month?

Your hypocrisy is blatantly obvious. We're not allowed to use Sony's poor track record with its online to invalidate a PS3 purchase, but we MUST use the PS3's library that has been developed over the same span of time that said problems with the online have cropped up to validate the purchase.

You've ignored the point of the argument entirely, and I'm not going to convince you otherwise. Any rational person can see that right now the PS3 has a lot more to offer than the Wii U. I hope the Wii U is successful. I hope it ends up with an enormous library of great games. But to say that it's better than the PS3 is incredibly premature, and to quote the Flaming Lips, "all we have is now."

But, judging by the sales numbers of the PS3, they won't be looking at "only right now." Also, for something that's been out for six years now, that's a very stupid thing to do. You're quite literally advocating never researching a product beyond the positive. There are many, MANY faults to the PS3 over its lifetime, which would easily put the Wii U ahead in some people's minds. As such, this is nowhere near an objective win for the PS3. The only truly objective win the PS3 has is its library's size. It doesn't have objectively better GAMES, since the Wii U's ports are of the best-selling PS3 games. It doesn't have objectively better online, since Nintendo's never had customer data stolen from them. It doesn't have better customer service, since Nintendo's never removed things people have paid for via a firmware update just because they could.

As for bricking of systems, yes, customer ignorance is a problem. That Nintendo is fixing for free, despite the fact that the warranty doesn't cover it. Sony has had repeated hardware issues that THEY caused that they wouldn't fix for quite some time, and even then still require some money. How does any of this make the PS3 objectively better?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#135Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/21/2012 12:27:13 PM
It is funny reading this topic. The Nintendo fanboys know that TCs post is not only wrong, it is also moronic. Rather than stick on topic and possibly say something negative about Nintendo, they instead continuously nitpick the second posters post and derail the topiic, while deflecting attention away from the TC and his foolish post.

Good job boys.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#136squatch22Posted 12/21/2012 12:28:18 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
It is funny reading this topic. The Nintendo fanboys know that TCs post is not only wrong, it is also moronic. Rather than stick on topic and possibly say something negative about Nintendo, they instead continuously nitpick the second posters post and derail the topiic, while deflecting attention away from the TC and his foolish post.

Good job boys.

No outdated articles to copy/paste today Kirby?
---
LR posted: And the PSP isn't a Sony console so why would I make that claim?
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#137PigfartsPosted 12/21/2012 12:30:10 PM
darkjedilink posted...
Pigfarts posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Luthor_ posted...
Nintendrones are hilarious.

Says the person who thinks it's odd that someone who likes the Wii U more than the PS3 rating the Wii U higher than the PS3....

To be fair the TC did say he was a nintendo fanboy (or would sound like one)

That has nothing to do with what I posted. Under no circumstance should anyone find it odd - if someone likes something better than the other, it's only logical that they'd rate it higher. Rarely will people like something better than another but still rate the other as better.

I also posted 2 post above, that it depends what he is review on. something are not opinion like hardware spec. The TC didnt state what he was using in his review.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#138r_m_8_8Posted 12/21/2012 12:31:20 PM
PS3 is Sony's worst console to date.

PS1 = PS2 > PSP >>> PS3.

It's pretty much a Sony branded Xbox, it embraced full-force Hollywood gaming and its library doesn't hold a candle against any other Sony system. It was also laughably expensive (for us consumers but especially for Sony who lost EVERY PENNY they made with PS1 and PS2) and got the worst version of multiplatform games on 360 in plenty of cases, including important games like Skyrim and Bayonetta.

Mine gets used for fighters and the rare fun exclusive like Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes. To be fair, PSN is awesome and has a great share of downloadable games. But to act like it wasn't a huge downgrade from PS2 is incredibly silly and Sony itself would probably prefer a repeat of PS2 (hey, actually profitable best selling home console ever, you know) than of PS3.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Code of Princess, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#139Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/21/2012 12:36:36 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Good job boys.

No outdated articles to copy/paste today Kirby?

Shhhhh! I think I hear somebody saying something bad about nintendo! Go to their rescue! Nintendo needs you!
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#140Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 12/21/2012 12:39:43 PM
By the way TC has an awful opinion, and anyone who agrees with him also has an awful opinion. And that is my opinion.

I would feel the same way about somebody who said that Soulja Boy is the greatest entertainer of our generation.

If you want to get butthurt over that like you all have been doing all topic go right ahead :)
---