This is gonna make me sound like a total fanboy but...

#161Squished_MarioPosted 12/22/2012 3:16:19 AM
Don't bother arguing with them. Nintendo fans are the worst when it comes to not wanting to see the downfalls of some of Nintendo's systems. I think a lot of them have just owned Nintendo stuff.

I think many need to broaden their horizons a bit. As a Wii U owner/PS3 owner AND a Nintendo fan, even I can see the drawbacks and shortcuts that Nintendo took with the system. Some of them are ridiculous...like the terrible integration of the Nintendo ID. It's OK to admit a company screwed up, people. Everybody makes mistakes...Nintendo has made a lot of good and bad decisions...IMO the Wii U launch was rushed, the system lacks a lot so far graphically, and Nintendo seems unsure on how to approach online gaming fully yet. I'm surprised at looking at their competitors as to why they did not plan for these things. They (seemingly ) had years to do this, no?
---
The truth hurts, and has just been spoken by SquishedMario.
PSN: VexSilver
#162blingusPosted 12/23/2012 12:04:00 PM
Squished_Mario posted...
I'm surprised at looking at their competitors as to why they did not plan for these things. They (seemingly ) had years to do this, no?

I'd agree that it was surprising that Nintendo screwed up stuff like online and rushed the system but those (as well as other mistakes) are just details.

The fact remains that they screwed up even though they knew what they needed in order to be competitive. It's just like the Republican Party (I'm a Libertarian) having 4 years to find, groom and appeal to the masses, a viable candidate to stand a chance in the past election.

Sorry to go on a political rant but I see so many parallels with Nintendo and the GOP. They both have major money and access to how people are voting/buying (same thing really) and yet neither of them is willing to change the freaking record (sorry, maybe replace with CD for the young crowd). They both do things "their way" and are trying to convince people they are right instead of being rational and changing with the times.

Sticking to ones guns can mostly be admirable. But when large groups are telling the masses something they already know is wrong or project their vision of the future upon us when so many people already have collective ideas and future wants is awful. Nintendo took a risk with almost everyone of their products in some way or another. Some ideas were great and have lasted for decades. Others, like motion control and Virtual Boy, were gimmicks and should not be held onto with such a tight grasp.

Unfortunately, it seems as though both Nintendo and the GOP ignore the market research groups, actual statistics and ordinary people's opinions. Instead I feel like they are both telling everyone that if you don't agree with them then you are wrong. Bad strategy=tragedy!
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#163blingusPosted 12/24/2012 11:06:57 AM
Bump.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach+Gears 360s, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, PSVITA!
#164maximumbarmagePosted 12/24/2012 11:07:38 AM
I ACTUALLY laughed out loud at the OP.
---
"Maybe it would be quicker to list the Wii U multiplatform titles that AREN'T vastly inferior ports..." - SimeonSays
#165GloryChaosPosted 12/24/2012 2:18:34 PM
Hey guys, what's going on in this thre-AAAAAAWWWW ****.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png