WiiU Bombs this week...

#21usfslackerPosted 12/22/2012 12:28:31 PM
Would it be much better for Nintendo if the console was selling those numbers? Absolutely.

Is it some terrible sign for the console that its being outsold by last gen hardware? Only if you can say the same about almost every console generation ever.

Look at what the PS3 and 360 are doing this holiday season. They have some of the most aggressively priced holiday bundles I can remember off the top of my head and the Wii U is sitting in the corner of most game stores with its relatively meager (comparably) software library and considerably higher price tag. Nintendo is selling numbers better than/comparable to every console launch ever, so why is everyone freaking out like this is the first console launch ever?

Play your consoles, enjoy your games, and abandon GameFAQs. Your lives will be so much more fulfilling.
---
PSN ID: USFSlacker86
No, that is not true at all. Something = good is either true or false. It is not construed as an opinion. -Conker
#22lp913Posted 12/22/2012 12:33:11 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
And you know which version of the 360 is selling the most? The 4GB one. The version they rely on customers having to purchase an exclusively made HDD for at a high price.
Oh, but let's complain and cry about Nintendo releasing 8GB and 32GB versions and allowing us to choose which HDD we want at our own price.

LOL, EXACTLY! This is what XBOTs have been defending for the longest - a meager 4GBs and Kinect bundle - appealing to the very same casual audience they lambasted Nintendo for with the original Wii now touting their 360 success with it.....don't ya just love their hypocrisy?

usfslacker posted...
Would it be much better for Nintendo if the console was selling those numbers? Absolutely.

Is it some terrible sign for the console that its being outsold by last gen hardware? Only if you can say the same about almost every console generation ever.

Look at what the PS3 and 360 are doing this holiday season. They have some of the most aggressively priced holiday bundles I can remember off the top of my head and the Wii U is sitting in the corner of most game stores with its relatively meager (comparably) software library and considerably higher price tag. Nintendo is selling numbers better than/comparable to every console launch ever, so why is everyone freaking out like this is the first console launch ever?

Play your consoles, enjoy your games, and abandon GameFAQs. Your lives will be so much more fulfilling.

^SOOOO MUCH THIS. *goes BACK to playing*
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#23NintendologicalPosted 12/22/2012 12:52:26 PM
lp913 posted...
PS2 success vs. XBOX/GameCube DESTROYS this logic. You're severely underestimating the fact that *EDIT* THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL WII LIBRARY RETAIL AND DIGITAL IS PLAYABLE ON WII U. *Ends EDIT* You also have to factor in Nintendo's own software powering future hardware sales.

The difference is, PS2 was vastly superior to Nitnendo 64, Sega Saturn and the original Playstation. So although it was the second weakest platform of its generation (Dreamcast being the weakest), it was still far above the consoles before it. Let me put it to you this way; Playstation 2 launch games didn't look like they were remotely possible on the existing consoles. Wii U launch games look identical to current games. Not even a slight improvement. So no, my logic is not "destroyed" It is pretty sound. The entire strategy reeks of Dreamcast, from between generation hardware power to second screen gaming (remember the Dreamcast VMU?). We'll have this conversation a year from now, just to confirm what I already know. Take those Nintendo blinders off. It's the end of an era.
---
Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#24ThugETHPosted 12/22/2012 12:54:45 PM
I don't own a wiiu or intend to get one but how is 395,000 consoles sold in a week 'bombing'?
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#25Starwars4JPosted 12/22/2012 12:57:03 PM
Haha TC even knew he had no valid source and tried to "hide" it in the first post. Just sad when they don't even put effort into things
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#26Cloudzer00Posted 12/22/2012 12:57:23 PM
395k 2nd or 3rd week?
Pretty good if it stays like that.
#27pearl arowanaPosted 12/22/2012 12:58:48 PM
its pretty obvious not many are interested in wii u as much as they are interested in ps3 and 360.. most even see ps360 as better alternative and they are pretty much spot on.

due to wii u hardware limitation (too weak). it will continue competing against ps3 and 360.. and its pretty obvious wii u is like 8 years late.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or abministrator]
#28Baha05Posted 12/22/2012 1:00:01 PM
/Troll Topic
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#29TiamatKillerPosted 12/22/2012 1:02:02 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
And you know which version of the 360 is selling the most? The 4GB one. The version they rely on customers having to purchase an exclusively made HDD for at a high price.
Oh, but let's complain and cry about Nintendo releasing 8GB and 32GB versions and allowing us to choose which HDD we want at our own price.

...except the Xbox has much, MUCH bigger versions available as well.

What does the Wii U offer again? Only 8 and 32?

If their goal was to save money, why the hell did they include an HDD at all? Why didn't they completely leave it to the consumer to choose whatever HDD they wanted and then shave the HDD price off the Wii U?
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#30Fusioncode99(Topic Creator)Posted 12/22/2012 1:08:11 PM
Thug4L1fe posted...
I don't own a wiiu or intend to get one but how is 395,000 consoles sold in a week 'bombing'?

For a new console in the holiday season, yes that is terrible. Especially since they have a 2D Mario available at launch, one of the best selling franchises in gaming. 3rd party titles like AC3 and Blops2 are selling terribly now Nintendo when they were supposed to be the main selling point.

You guys have to realize the expectations of this console, Nintendo wanted it to sell close to Wii numbers in its first fiscal year yet it has come nowhere near that. It's doing good in Japan, meh in NA, and horrible in EU.