WiiU Bombs this week...

#41nickvd8Posted 12/22/2012 12:49:07 PM
Baha05 posted...
maximumbarmage posted...
Indeed, it boggles the mind why anyone would compare sales of comparable, competing products.

Except they aren't competing. And even if they were no one was expecting the Wii U to outsell the PS3 or 360 as those console have been out for YEARS and built up a large fanbase while the Wii U has been out for about a month. It's moronic to compare them and say the Wii U is bombing because the 7 year old consoles with MILLIONS of users and THOUSANDS of games are selling more.

^This. So when the next-gen Xbox & PS consoles launch and the Wii U sales are spanking them both then we'll hear "But the systems just launched the Wii U has been out for x years!". Double standard inbound.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#42super_luigi16Posted 12/22/2012 12:50:15 PM
R2BDSi posted...
Why are fanboys so desperate to watch any game console that competes again their platform fail. Watch the next Xbox comes out, and it slips one week. Sony Fanboys: OHHHH! XBOX FAILZ. haha Xbots. Or PlayStation Orbis comes out. Nintendo Fanboys: IT'Z PAPER WEIGHT. IT DOEZN'T HAVE MARIO or ZeLDa . Typical fanboy.

Why are trolls so desperate to watch any game console that competes against their platform fail. Wii U comes out: OMGZ IT HAZ NO GRAPHICZ, IT HAZ NO GAMES, IT HAZ NO FPS. Typical troll.
---
Luigi > Mario
Current Project: Paper Mario: Sticker Star FAQ/Walkthrough (co-authored with RedIsPoetic)
#43LinktheMan46Posted 12/22/2012 12:57:30 PM
Frankly, I'm not too worried. Remember when the Wii was first launching and all the trolls said it was gonna flop? Remember when the DS launched and all the trolls said it was gonna flop? Remember when the 3DS launched and all the trolls said it was gonna flop?

This is no different.
---
"If your going to make fun of someone don't make yourself look like a tool by using the wrong version of your." - Hexrapper
#44SerpenterRexPosted 12/22/2012 1:00:23 PM
These figures don't surprise me. We had no local stores near me (UK, midlands) and had to travel into town.

The dedicated game-shop in my town had one of each bundle, and each had sold, with no hope of restock. Asda (UK's version of Walmart, for the Americans) had said that they weren't stocking until at least january, meaning we had to head out of the way just to get one.

I don't know how it is in the rest of the country, but I can't believe how much hassle it was getting a Wii U - just because no one wanted stock them. Never had this issue with any other console.
#45LordcrabfoodPosted 12/22/2012 1:02:31 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
And you know which version of the 360 is selling the most? The 4GB one. The version they rely on customers having to purchase an exclusively made HDD for at a high price.
Oh, but let's complain and cry about Nintendo releasing 8GB and 32GB versions and allowing us to choose which HDD we want at our own price.

This makes no sense, people know what they are buying. The 360 and PS3 have an option for consoles with much bigger HDs. If people are buying the 4 gig model, they probably have no interest in a bigger HD.
#46oxnerdPosted 12/22/2012 1:19:56 PM
OMG REALLY? THings that are cheaper sell MORE, no way, I'm truly flabbergasted.
#47TheRealistKillaPosted 12/22/2012 1:32:36 PM
its not next gen. we've been over this before. All home consoles in the past have always had a noticeable graphical transition from gen to gen. this console did not make a leap rather it stayed with the current gen of consoles in terms of graphics.

this was a huge risk and a risk that many are simply not gonna buy into.

it worked for the wii only cos it was fun for people to get drunk and play wii sports.
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#48AhnoldDoodPosted 12/22/2012 1:40:28 PM
TheRealistKilla posted...
we've been over this before. All home consoles in the past have always had a noticeable graphical transition from gen to gen.

Maybe because going from 8 bit to 16 bit and 16 bit to actual 3D models is a drastic difference no matter what? Gaming was primitive until now, we're hitting uncharted territory, we don't know WHAT to expect. Not to mention that not every LAUNCH title looks like late games. Are you seriously going to freaking sit here and tell me that Kameo looks just as good as Halo Reach? That Resistance 1 looks exactly the same as Uncharted 3?

I wonder why its OK for those two consoles to look similar to previous consoles at the beginning, but the Wii U needs to get to some super-ultra realistic stuff to count as another generation.

And no, child, power =/= generation.
#49Virtue777Posted 12/22/2012 1:51:01 PM
Those numbers are unheard of for such a new console, what an astounding success! I know you were being sarcastic about the Wii U bombing TC, but people should have looked at those numbers more closely to realize that you were actually trying to point out that, despite the high price tag and minimal marketing, the Wii U is keeping up with consoles that are half its price.

Glad to see the system's taking off. :)
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#50egglinkPosted 12/22/2012 2:11:10 PM
You know what? I'll play along.
Fine, the Wii U is bombing.
---
Philosophy: Needs more Ice type, and Dragons are the devil.