Does general public even know what the WiiU is?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does general public even know what the WiiU is?

User Info: Sailor Goon

Sailor Goon
3 years ago#1
I've had people ask me when I tell them I have the system " is that a new Wii game?". I've had people think it's a portable system. I've heard others ask if it's a controller for Wii, or just a tablet.
EB Games in my area was actually asking every customer buying a wiiu game " are you sure you have a wiiu?"
Nintendo really needs to properly market this thing
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh

User Info: Buretsu

Buretsu
3 years ago#2
I hear people think it's a toaster for really skinny bread.
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit

User Info: Wiiplayer111

Wiiplayer111
3 years ago#3
Second best launch. Some one had to know.
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com

User Info: paradicio12

paradicio12
3 years ago#4
my friends on facebook thought it was an accessory for wii, which seems to be the case for most people
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.

User Info: Gdboyratedloud

Gdboyratedloud
3 years ago#5
Sailor Goon posted...
I've had people ask me when I tell them I have the system " is that a new Wii game?". I've had people think it's a portable system. I've heard others ask if it's a controller for Wii, or just a tablet.
EB Games in my area was actually asking every customer buying a wiiu game " are you sure you have a wiiu?"
Nintendo really needs to properly market this thing

I dnt believe you. Why would someone survey ppl about something they dont care about????

and if they dnt know about the Wii U, they musta thought the PS3 was a new satellite funded by the US government because it damn sure wasnt selling at launch. They must also think your precious Vita is a new energy drink or health bar. STRAIGHT UP FLOP
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.

User Info: Banjoboy3

Banjoboy3
3 years ago#6
I had explained what it was to my girlfriend months ago and when I picked one up on launch day she still was like "I thought it was just a controller for the Wii." Haha, people for the most part just don't understand it.
I am a banana...

User Info: geneticsftw

geneticsftw
3 years ago#7
Does the "general" public know what any of the game systems are?

User Info: toomanymouths

toomanymouths
3 years ago#8
Well, I spoke to my mother on the phone the other day, and she made the following statement: "why would I get a Wii U when he already has a 3DS?"

Unfortunately, I think MANY people are either thinking it is an accessory for the Wii OR a new portable system.

User Info: Panner

Panner
3 years ago#9
Nintendo did the roadshows for a reason. To educate the public.
As far as the UK goes, i think they've done a good job as everyone seems to know what it is.
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it

User Info: wingo84

wingo84
3 years ago#10
Panner posted...
Nintendo did the roadshows for a reason. To educate the public.
As far as the UK goes, i think they've done a good job as everyone seems to know what it is.

A lot of the kids I see in different school have no idea what it is... Or one out of 30 would have an idea... Not just kids too, adults are just as clueless

A lot who have heard think it's just a controller for the Wii, or a new handheld. The adverts help with awareness but are rarely shown. Just seen a ZombiU one on YouTube before the video started though, was interesting!

I think Nintendo really needed to nail the marketing, talk about the HD console in the ad before the Gamepad.
NNID - Wingo84
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does general public even know what the WiiU is?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived