Does general public even know what the WiiU is?

#1Sailor GoonPosted 12/23/2012 12:03:19 AM
I've had people ask me when I tell them I have the system " is that a new Wii game?". I've had people think it's a portable system. I've heard others ask if it's a controller for Wii, or just a tablet.
EB Games in my area was actually asking every customer buying a wiiu game " are you sure you have a wiiu?"
Nintendo really needs to properly market this thing
---
As told to me by Gamefaqs admin: They hire 17 year olds as moderators!
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#2BuretsuPosted 12/23/2012 12:04:00 AM
I hear people think it's a toaster for really skinny bread.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Wiiplayer111Posted 12/23/2012 12:04:05 AM
Second best launch. Some one had to know.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com
#4paradicio12Posted 12/23/2012 12:06:11 AM
my friends on facebook thought it was an accessory for wii, which seems to be the case for most people
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#5GdboyratedloudPosted 12/23/2012 12:14:20 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I've had people ask me when I tell them I have the system " is that a new Wii game?". I've had people think it's a portable system. I've heard others ask if it's a controller for Wii, or just a tablet.
EB Games in my area was actually asking every customer buying a wiiu game " are you sure you have a wiiu?"
Nintendo really needs to properly market this thing

I dnt believe you. Why would someone survey ppl about something they dont care about????

and if they dnt know about the Wii U, they musta thought the PS3 was a new satellite funded by the US government because it damn sure wasnt selling at launch. They must also think your precious Vita is a new energy drink or health bar. STRAIGHT UP FLOP
---
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
little did I know, James Dean was actually on the down low.
#6Banjoboy3Posted 12/23/2012 12:14:53 AM
I had explained what it was to my girlfriend months ago and when I picked one up on launch day she still was like "I thought it was just a controller for the Wii." Haha, people for the most part just don't understand it.
---
I am a banana...
#7geneticsftwPosted 12/23/2012 12:15:41 AM
Does the "general" public know what any of the game systems are?
#8toomanymouthsPosted 12/23/2012 12:56:13 AM
Well, I spoke to my mother on the phone the other day, and she made the following statement: "why would I get a Wii U when he already has a 3DS?"

Unfortunately, I think MANY people are either thinking it is an accessory for the Wii OR a new portable system.
#9PannerPosted 12/23/2012 2:14:18 AM
Nintendo did the roadshows for a reason. To educate the public.
As far as the UK goes, i think they've done a good job as everyone seems to know what it is.
---
I'm gonna shove it, and love it, and dance around above it
#10wingo84Posted 12/23/2012 2:25:16 AM
Panner posted...
Nintendo did the roadshows for a reason. To educate the public.
As far as the UK goes, i think they've done a good job as everyone seems to know what it is.

A lot of the kids I see in different school have no idea what it is... Or one out of 30 would have an idea... Not just kids too, adults are just as clueless

A lot who have heard think it's just a controller for the Wii, or a new handheld. The adverts help with awareness but are rarely shown. Just seen a ZombiU one on YouTube before the video started though, was interesting!

I think Nintendo really needed to nail the marketing, talk about the HD console in the ad before the Gamepad.
---
NNID - Wingo84