Does general public even know what the WiiU is?

#11STE573Posted 12/23/2012 4:05:07 AM
Panner posted...
Nintendo did the roadshows for a reason. To educate the public.
As far as the UK goes, i think they've done a good job as everyone seems to know what it is.

Do they? Clearly we live in different regions of the UK. I've had to explain what a Wii U is dozens of times to friends and colleagues.

I think that the Wii had more awareness surrounding it.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)
#12AllConsoleLoverPosted 12/23/2012 4:16:29 AM
Panner posted...
Nintendo did the roadshows for a reason. To educate the public.
As far as the UK goes, i think they've done a good job as everyone seems to know what it is.

Good thing that roadshow was in every city/state oh....
---
I'm a fan of every console
#13the_junPosted 12/23/2012 4:53:48 AM
Very few I know have heard of the Wii U.
---
A chain reaction starts with you.
All limitations are self inflicted...
#14blackhrtPosted 12/23/2012 5:21:40 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I've had people ask me when I tell them I have the system " is that a new Wii game?". I've had people think it's a portable system. I've heard others ask if it's a controller for Wii, or just a tablet.
EB Games in my area was actually asking every customer buying a wiiu game " are you sure you have a wiiu?"
Nintendo really needs to properly market this thing

Maybe its just me but it seems to be less marketing than the Wii. And that was small marketing back then. We'll see if there is any Wii U actually in stock in stores this time. lol nintendo when will they learn?
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."
#15mini_blightPosted 12/23/2012 6:25:31 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
I've had people ask me when I tell them I have the system " is that a new Wii game?". I've had people think it's a portable system. I've heard others ask if it's a controller for Wii, or just a tablet.
EB Games in my area was actually asking every customer buying a wiiu game " are you sure you have a wiiu?"

Did they ask you that or was it just you telling them it was.

Notice how I didn't use a question mark there.
#16knightimexPosted 12/23/2012 9:22:35 AM
Sailor Goon posted...

It's time for you to move out of moron town.
People are not that dumb.

Stay in school kids.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#17GoombaXPosted 12/23/2012 9:51:17 AM
sure they do its the second fastest selling console on release
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#18SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/23/2012 9:53:58 AM
the general public doesn't even know how many states there are in the US or anything about their own country.

http://youtu.be/K5GaAQ8g4gg
#19Baha05Posted 12/23/2012 9:55:31 AM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
the general public doesn't even know how many states there are in the US or anything about their own country.

Yeah though to be far I think they (an TC and people like TC) purposely use only the really dumb people.
---
"Gamestop will not be around in 10 years because physical games will no longer exist, it'll all be digital" Xeeh_Bitz
#20SagadegoPosted 12/23/2012 10:08:44 AM
Baha05 posted...
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...

Yeah though to be far I think they (an TC and people like TC) purposely use only the really dumb people.

it's sailor goon he's a joke poster from the vita boards.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666