REALLY let's do FACTS: nintendo, 3rd paries and wii u's bleak future

#31grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 2:01:39 PM
squatch22 posted...
grandabx posted...
5. ps3 and 360 have 140 million plus combined consoles sold along with 10's of millions of pc gamers shows that the wii u is NOT needed to create profit - Fact Tell me how Sony and MS are making a profit...

Waiting

dude i just posted mad links on the other page. you can't be that stupid to think software sales aren' MORE important than hardware. hardware sales drop off at a certain point. software is always moving. new software is always being made. how often is harware made compared to software?
#32squatch22Posted 12/24/2012 2:06:39 PM
Nintendo is the ONLY console maker to have actually profited this gen. Both MS and Sonys games division have way less cash than they started the last gen with.
---
LR posted: And the PSP isn't a Sony console so why would I make that claim?
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#33slymshadyPosted 12/24/2012 2:06:42 PM
I agree that third party support sucks, but thats what the other consoles are for. Nintendo console are strictly for the first party titles. With a PS3 or PS4 and a Wii U, I can get the best of both worlds. I am an adult and luckily I can afford both, and not have to be a fanboy and defend whichever console I choose as the end all be all.
#34TiamatKillerPosted 12/24/2012 2:07:40 PM
squatch22 posted...
grandabx posted...
1. for three generations, nintendo has been severely lacking in 3rd party support - Fact Agreed

2. supporters for nintendo have said that nintendo's innovation would shine through the absence of 3rd party support - Fact It has

3. nintendo hasn't shown SOFTWARE that is revolutionary in over a decade. they've been milking the same three franchises by throwing familiar names in their titles or just plainly xeroxing - Fact False

4. software developers want technology that pushes their imaginations to the limits and nintendo continues to give them only what THEY want tech-wise - Fact Power isnt imaginative

5. ps3 and 360 have 140 million plus combined consoles sold along with 10's of millions of pc gamers shows that the wii u is NOT needed to create profit - Fact Tell me how Sony and MS are making a profit...

6. 3rd party games sell a lot worse on nintendo consoles - Fact Same as point 1

7. most 3rd parties are avoiding the wii u at this current time because of installed base, risk of bad sales and a lack of a real incentive - Fact And how will that be different for NextBox/PS4?

All salute the NDF Captain!

Microsoft and Sony both make profits on their consoles...I don't know how you missed all the news surrounding Sony finally turning profits, but apparently you did.

Also convenient of you to equate power to its simplest terms...you forgot about: increasing the intelligence of AI, doing more behind-the-scenes during a game (particle effects, AI movements, etc), graphics (duh), how much you can interact with an environment and change the environment, how the game evolves as you play through it, and just plain allowing the developers to do more.
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM
#35squatch22Posted 12/24/2012 2:09:11 PM
TiamatKiller posted...
Microsoft and Sony both make profits on their consoles...I don't know how you missed all the news surrounding Sony finally turning profits, but apparently you did.

They are profiting now... doesnt cover all those years of huge losses.
---
LR posted: And the PSP isn't a Sony console so why would I make that claim?
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#36GoombaXPosted 12/24/2012 2:11:48 PM
squatch22 posted...
TiamatKiller posted...

microsoft is turning a profit but sony is millions in debt
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#37Lemmywinks13Posted 12/24/2012 2:12:08 PM
Thanks for the terrible topic and helping to me to easily figure out who to ignore! Very much appreciated.
#3840DribylfPosted 12/24/2012 2:14:06 PM
The damn thing came out a month ago.

Stop being pedantic losers and at least wait until March to say anything about the Wii U's future.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#39leopoldsharkPosted 12/24/2012 2:16:32 PM
Nintendo has decent third party support but nowhere near the number of its competition. I really don't buy many games (I own about 20 games per console for N64, GC, PS3, and Wii, with the exception being PC). The third party games I have on the Nintendo systems I have enjoyed immensely, and that's all I really care about. Most other third party games I can either get on PC (I am fortunate enough to own a PC capable of running these games) or PS3.

Wii U launch made a couple mistakes. One, they didn't get the Wii U dev kits soon enough to enough developers so they can start working on porting to Wii U. They are also making ports of old games, which is stupid in itself because if people wanted it, they would already own it. AC3 came out 10/30 for most people and came out 11/18 for Wii U because Wii U launched later, but Darksiders 2 came out in August and Arkham City came out about a year before that. Not to mention DS2 and AC are heavily downpriced when you consider sale deals and whatever.

They also didn't plan to have their heavy hitting launch titles ready. They had NSMB U but that was basically it. When the Wii launched in 2006, it coincided with the release of Twilight Princess which sold pretty dang well. If you consider Skyward Sword was released in 2011, 5 years after TP, then the next Zelda title may not be until 2014-2015, which is a long time to wait for a killer title for your system. Nintendo has also been very secretive about their other projects and releases. They should keep the player base in the know and increase hype about their products, but for some reason they are not.
#40TiamatKillerPosted 12/24/2012 2:18:01 PM
squatch22 posted...
TiamatKiller posted...

Yes, you're right, that would have been the correct statement to say in your original reply. Good job discovering that. Also convenient of you to ignore my second reply. *salutes*
---
GTX 560 Ti (2GB)/ z77-pro motherboard/ i5-3570k/ 8 GB RAM