REALLY let's do FACTS: nintendo, 3rd paries and wii u's bleak future

#41grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 2:23:52 PM(edited)
Enigma149 posted...

If you were trying to convince us that you're not a fanboy, you didn't do a very good job:

a) You don't own a Wii, meaning you really can't say whether or not Nintendo has made any good software for it.

b) You own less than 30 Nintendo games in-total. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem...but when you compare it to the size of your other libraries...

c) You don't own a single Microsoft system, meaning you can't really say much about their systems, either.

d) You consider things like these to be "facts":

3. nintendo hasn't shown SOFTWARE that is revolutionary in over a decade. they've been milking the same three franchises by throwing familiar names in their titles or just plainly xeroxing

Yeah. Not doing a very good job there. It seems to me as though you are a Sony fanboy who bought a few games on the other systems that you considered "must-have" titles.

Also, just some quick responses to your other points:

5. ps3 and 360 have 140 million plus combined consoles sold along with 10's of millions of pc gamers shows that the wii u is NOT needed to create profit

Actually, Sony's Playstation division has lost almost $5 billion since the PS3 launched:
http://www.vg247.com/2009/10/30/sony-ps-division-has-lost-4-7-billion-since-launching-ps3/

To compare, Microsoft hasn't even made a $1 billion profit with the Xbox 360.

1. wii has a massive installed based.

I don't think you understand how install bases work. You see, you have to start with an install base of zero. Heck, the Wii U currently has a larger install base than the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii did at this point in their lifetimes.

2. it was cheaper than it's competition.

And the Wii U will likely end up being cheaper than its competition.

lol lol lol

let me get this straight:

a person has to BUY what they don't like to SEE if they don't like it?

dude i have a massive library of nintendo games, but i'm not going into the closet and taking all that stuff out. i've shown enough. keep your insecurity to yourself. the pii u after the holidays will fall like wet cement. no killer apps at all for a very long time too.
#4240DribylfPosted 12/24/2012 2:24:28 PM
The Xbox 360 and PS3 didn't have a killer app until a year after their respective launches.

Owning an Xbox 360 during the summer of 06 was absolute torture. Only games I had was Prey and Call of Duty 2 *shudder*
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#43Enigma149Posted 12/24/2012 2:28:27 PM(edited)
grandabx posted...
dude i have a massive library of nintendo games, but i'm not going into the closet and taking all that stuff out. i've shown enough.

Sorry. You made it sound like your entire library was listed. Perhaps you're not the insecure fanboy I imagined you to be...

keep your insecurity to yourself. the pii u after the holidays will fall like wet cement. no killer apps at all for a very long time too.

...actually, I'm going to stand with my initial prediction. You're an insecure fanboy.

I also like how you didn't decide to respond to any of my points. You know, the ones that debunked your original post?
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#44diggyfreshPosted 12/24/2012 2:37:09 PM
Nintendo pwns videogames. FACT
#45grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 2:46:13 PM
40Dribylf posted...
The Xbox 360 and PS3 didn't have a killer app until a year after their respective launches.

Owning an Xbox 360 during the summer of 06 was absolute torture. Only games I had was Prey and Call of Duty 2 *shudder*

ps3 and 360 DIDN'T have to worry about 6-7 year old competition with better tech. nintendo brings out a system with NO killer app and then steal popular ps360 games that most already bought. then they xeroxed mario with high quality paper, threw a mini game collection together and said "BUY OUR GIMMICKY AND USELESS SYSTEM CHUMP"

I mean it's not like when ps360 came out the tech wasn't new to developers was it? they also kept us in total darkness about what was on the way(bought mines 2 1/2 years later anyways) so we bought it just like nintendrone following a promise of "awesome stuff in a year guys, buy it now though" <sarcasm/>
#46GoombaXPosted 12/24/2012 2:47:56 PM
grandabx posted...
40Dribylf posted...

ps3 and 360 DIDN'T have to worry about 6-7 year old competition with better tech. nintendo brings out a system with NO killer app and then steal popular ps360 games that most already bought. then they xeroxed mario with high quality paper, threw a mini game collection together and said "BUY OUR GIMMICKY AND USELESS SYSTEM CHUMP"

I mean it's not like when ps360 came out the tech wasn't new to developers was it? they also kept us in total darkness about what was on the way(bought mines 2 1/2 years later anyways) so we bought it just like nintendrone following a promise of "awesome stuff in a year guys, buy it now though" <sarcasm/>

lol uh ps2 demolished the ps3 and the only way sony was able to sell ps3's was when they dropped support for the ps2
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#4740DribylfPosted 12/24/2012 3:01:07 PM
grandabx posted...
40Dribylf posted...

You are putting way too much thought into something that doesn't matter in life. and you really need to get you priorities straightened out.

1) I have a 360 and I haven't played Arkhan City, Assassin's Creed 3, or most of the ports that are on Wii U. Now, I have AC3 and Blops 2 on Wii U. Good to have options.

2) The Nintendo games are fun, and that's what matters. Nintedo will putting more games out in the future, that's ****ing obvious. So will third-parties.

No-one has to get a Wii U now. In fact, I would suggest most people to wait. I bought it because I like it. And I still do.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#48grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 3:02:38 PM
GoombaX posted...
grandabx posted...
40Dribylf posted...

lol uh ps2 demolished the ps3 and the only way sony was able to sell ps3's was when they dropped support for the ps2

ok....so. i bought mine 2 1/2 years later. your point.
#49grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 3:07:57 PM
40Dribylf posted...
grandabx posted...
40Dribylf posted...

You are putting way too much thought into something that doesn't matter in life. and you really need to get you priorities straightened out.

1) I have a 360 and I haven't played Arkhan City, Assassin's Creed 3, or most of the ports that are on Wii U. Now, I have AC3 and Blops 2 on Wii U. Good to have options.

2) The Nintendo games are fun, and that's what matters. Nintedo will putting more games out in the future, that's ****ing obvious. So will third-parties.

No-one has to get a Wii U now. In fact, I would suggest most people to wait. I bought it because I like it. And I still do.

unlike you, i don't buy consoles based on promises. give me what i want or wait for my money like i wait for your games. no one's telling you to not like what you like. just don't lie about it(if you are). how fun how you see fit, but don't expect me to be quiet about what's going on. not never ever will happen nope.
#50bleedingelitePosted 12/24/2012 3:09:42 PM
Jesus. It's christmas eve. Why are you here making garbage topics and arguing about video game corporations?