so the wii U sold 1.8 million..

#51sonic777Posted 12/24/2012 8:16:44 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
motorazrv3xxx posted...
This topic is filled with idiocracy right now. Anyway the console has a rough 1:1 attachment rate so it's in no way bad.

rofl. Try idiocy.

It's a movie reference.

Sure it was, buddy. SURE it was.
#52Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/24/2012 8:19:39 PM
This topic is filled with idiocracy right now. Anyway the console has a rough 1:1 attachment rate so it's in no way bad.

360 had a 4:1 attachment rate at launch

360 destroyed the Wii U in that area at launch

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/66433-360-Leads-Software-Attachment-Rates-in-Console-Race

So 1:1 should be, since you have to buy a game unless you wanna use the console as a paperweight, even with the Deluxe.. Nintendoland is not for everyone, so once again. Buy at least one game

Now 360, selling 4 things with 1 console sale at launch.

So I'd say 1:1 is absolutely horrible
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#53SuperShyGuy9000Posted 12/24/2012 8:20:34 PM
sonic777 posted...
motorazrv3xxx posted...

rofl. Try idiocy.

It's a movie reference.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/
#54BuretsuPosted 12/24/2012 8:20:39 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
BigAl519 posted...
LMAO I swear some of these trolls are as stupid as they come. You do know that CoD Black Ops 2 only has a 12% attach rate on the PS3 right?

Halo 4 (although not 3rd party) only has a 9% attach rate on the 360
Assassins Creed 3 only has a 5% attach rate on PS3

Honestly, I don't know whether to shake my head at the morons using these numbers to troll or the ones being trolled by it lol.

You kids seem to be unable to understand something

5-9% attach rate for those is GOOD, because those consoles have like what, an 80 MILLION INSTALL BASE? 5% of 80 mil is 4 million, thats great sales for a publisher!

Wii U only has an install base of a meager 1.8 million. So yes, 10% attach rate for 1.8 million is ****ing pitiful. Thats hardly any games sold and developers need to break several million sold usually to even break even or even justify bringing more games to the console at all.

Pay careful attention to this launch and the 3rd party software sales, fanfriends. Because these weak numbers just ensured that damn near all 3rd party devs wont touch this thing with a ten foot pole. Its the Wii all over again, nobodys buying remotely enough of the 3rd party titles, and 3rd party devs and publishers just do not waste time and money supporting a platform where 3rd party games do not sell well at all.

Enjoy your paperweight, enjoy the slow trickle of Nintendo made titles. Its the wii all over again. Very sad.

Troll logic at its best. "The Wii U is a failure because it doesn't have the same install base as a console that's been out 84 times as long as it has."

If low install bases about a month after release determined the entire future of a console's 3rd party support, there wouldn't be any 3rd party games for any system.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#55sonic777Posted 12/24/2012 8:21:40 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
sonic777 posted...
motorazrv3xxx posted...

rofl. Try idiocy.

It's a movie reference.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

Just because it is the name of a movie doesn't mean he didn't just f*** up his word choice.
#56GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/24/2012 8:54:00 PM
Buretsu posted...
BigAl519 posted...
LMAO I swear some of these trolls are as stupid as they come. You do know that CoD Black Ops 2 only has a 12% attach rate on the PS3 right?

Honestly, I don't know whether to shake my head at the morons using these numbers to troll or the ones being trolled by it lol.

5-9% attach rate for those is GOOD, because those consoles have like what, an 80 MILLION INSTALL BASE? 5% of 80 mil is 4 million, thats great sales for a publisher!

Wii U only has an install base of a meager 1.8 million. So yes, 10% attach rate for 1.8 million is ****ing pitiful. Thats hardly any games sold and developers need to break several million sold usually to even break even or even justify bringing more games to the console at all.

Pay careful attention to this launch and the 3rd party software sales, fanfriends. Because these weak numbers just ensured that damn near all 3rd party devs wont touch this thing with a ten foot pole. Its the Wii all over again, nobodys buying remotely enough of the 3rd party titles, and 3rd party devs and publishers just do not waste time and money supporting a platform where 3rd party games do not sell well at all.

Enjoy your paperweight, enjoy the slow trickle of Nintendo made titles. Its the wii all over again. Very sad.

Troll logic at its best. "The Wii U is a failure because it doesn't have the same install base as a console that's been out 84 times as long as it has."

If low install bases about a month after release determined the entire future of a console's 3rd party support, there wouldn't be any 3rd party games for any system.

You're the biggest fanboy on this board right now, but I'll still humor your post.

Your argument is invalid. The point of the matter is, in this day and age, NOT 6 years ago, TODAY, developer/publishers need to break over a million sales to cover the cost of development, manufacture, and advertising etc. The system has been out OVER a month now and not a single 3rd party title has managed to break even HALF a million in sales. Not even CLOSE.

So don't cry when the Wii U ends up just like the Wii with litle or no 3rd party support, because this is exactly why that will happen. Publishers don't bring games to consoles where they dont even sell enough to break even, let alone do not make a profit for them. Thats just how it is. You can throw around your fanboy whining and pouting like "w-w-well vita this!" and "b-b-but the 360 and ps3 launch 6 years ag-g-go....!" but it doesnt change the reality of the current situation.

So grow up.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#57excitebike64Posted 12/24/2012 9:01:02 PM
Buretsu posted...
BigAl519 posted...

You're the biggest fanboy on this board right now, but I'll still humor your post.

Your argument is invalid. The point of the matter is, in this day and age, NOT 6 years ago, TODAY, developer/publishers need to break over a million sales to cover the cost of development, manufacture, and advertising etc. The system has been out OVER a month now and not a single 3rd party title has managed to break even HALF a million in sales. Not even CLOSE.

So don't cry when the Wii U ends up just like the Wii with litle or no 3rd party support, because this is exactly why that will happen. Publishers don't bring games to consoles where they dont even sell enough to break even, let alone do not make a profit for them. Thats just how it is. You can throw around your fanboy whining and pouting like "w-w-well vita this!" and "b-b-but the 360 and ps3 launch 6 years ag-g-go....!" but it doesnt change the reality of the current situation.

So grow up.

Um... multiplats say hi. The WiiU is getting them. The cost is covered by the other big two. Third party is actually taking WiiU seriously to stay in the game for when there are millions more systems are sold. If wondering why they would bother.
#58DiscostewSMPosted 12/24/2012 9:02:32 PM
There are some games I would like on the Wii U, but honestly, I'm having a hard time putting forth the money when the same games on the PC at the very least are just cheaper. Darksiders 2, for example, is at cheapest $50 through Amazon.com right now, yet on Steam until Jan 5, you can get the Darksiders bundle (1 + 2 + DLC) for only $20. The situation will change when games will get Wii U releases alongside the rest at the same time, but right now, I honestly wished many of these ports would have at least dropped the price to match the average (like on PS3/360).
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#59GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 12/24/2012 9:09:19 PM
excitebike64 posted...

Um... multiplats say hi. The WiiU is getting them. The cost is covered by the other big two.

If that were true they would of released at launch on Wii U for the same lower price they are on PC and ps3/360, to make them sell better on Wii U

Stop pulling made up facts out of your ass son
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#60OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 9:09:29 PM
Um... multiplats say hi. The WiiU is getting them. The cost is covered by the other big two. Third party is actually taking WiiU seriously to stay in the game for when there are millions more systems are sold. If wondering why they would bother.

covering costs is not good enough, you need to actually make a profit to justify allocating manpower, time and investment to make it worthwhile.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg