so the wii U sold 1.8 million..

#71Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/24/2012 10:04:46 PM(edited)
geneticsftw posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
cabcalloway1983 posted...
Gamefaqs should have a nuclear bomb dropped right in between this board and the Vita board.

All i ever see are hatefull idiot trolls trying to get to people that are enjoying something just for the sake of doing it because they have pathetic lives.

Lifes

You can be thinking if you are posting in this thread.

http://www.lifesstory.com/

Referring to the website.

Damn phone did it again, keeps entering the message before I'm finishing typing.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#72geneticsftwPosted 12/24/2012 10:03:45 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Gamefaqs should have a nuclear bomb dropped right in between this board and the Vita board.

All i ever see are hatefull idiot trolls trying to get to people that are enjoying something just for the sake of doing it because they have pathetic lives.

Lifes

I knew you would reply lol
#73Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/24/2012 10:05:40 PM
geneticsftw posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
geneticsftw posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Lifes

I knew you would reply lol

Why wouldn't I? I noticed my phone posted the message before I finished and was correcting it.
---
To be fair, the bible has more plot holes than ME3. I wouldn't be listening either - Pies12
#74TheSmartBlondePosted 12/24/2012 10:48:42 PM
GEKGanon posted...
Third party support for the Wii U still looks bad. I'm as big a Nintendo fan as the next guy, but I'm really pretty sick of Super Fanboy Defense Force Number One! writing-off the lacking third-party support as "not a big deal".

There are A LOT of big name third party titles coming out in the next few months, games like Bioshock Infinite. Despite what you think, Wii U lacking these sorts of titles is a really REALLY big deal. If Wii U isn't getting the multiplatform titles that PS3 and 360 are getting, can Nintendo say they are getting all the best games? No, they can't, and that puts them in a really bad position. If Wii U isn't getting multiplatform support NOW, do you honestly think they are going to get the titles being made for the PS4 and 720? Hell no.

Nintendo can't keep hoping to thrive by making a console for just first party gamers. They need a console for everyone. The thing is, they have a decent enough console, they just NEVER have the support. Wii didn't. GameCube didn't. N64... eeeeehhhhh... I don't really remember that one. But third party support has been running from Nintendo for at least a decade, like children running from a burning orphanage. They need to turn this around, and fast.

That's what I bought a Wii U for. First party games.
#75Sakura_RailgunPosted 12/25/2012 1:07:55 AM
STE573 posted...
spemsha posted...
STE573 posted...
Buretsu posted...
CoD: BlOps 2 sold 140k
Monster Hunter sold 130k in Japan alone
Scribblenauts Unlimited sold 110k
Sonic Racing etc. sold 100k
Arkham City sold 90k
AC3 sold 80k
Epic Mickey 2 sold 70k

Still less than 10%. This does not bode well.

Does someone need to redo their math?

Nope... Do you?

140,000/1,800,000=0.07

A 7.77% attach rate for third party at launch, which is shocking.

Doesn't that assume the games are available in all regions?
Monster Hunter, for example, is only available at the moment in Japan, and thus has an attach rate of about 30% there, which is pretty good.
Blops 2, only came out in Japan a few days ago, and we don't have sales number for it, so really you should be doing 140,000/1,400,000.
#76excitebike64Posted 12/25/2012 1:15:11 AM
Stefan1277 posted...
Well, simple... this isn't Microsoft, they don't depend on third party for sells, they have their own IPs to do the talking.

What does this mean? no Grand Theft Auto? no Bioshock? no whatever shooter else game? one would need to be pretty dumb to have just one console.

A lot of families just have one console. Not sure about Bioshock, but there will be a Grand Theft Auto. There will be a Final Fantasy and a Resident Evil.

There is too much future money in the WIiU. WiiU sold well. The investors know nothing. Third party is a no brainer.

The only reason to get the other two would be for new Halos, Fables... or Gran Turismo and LBP, unless another big IP comes along.
#77STE573Posted 12/25/2012 1:43:59 AM
Sakura_Railgun posted...
STE573 posted...
spemsha posted...
STE573 posted...
Buretsu posted...
CoD: BlOps 2 sold 140k
Monster Hunter sold 130k in Japan alone
Scribblenauts Unlimited sold 110k
Sonic Racing etc. sold 100k
Arkham City sold 90k
AC3 sold 80k
Epic Mickey 2 sold 70k

Still less than 10%. This does not bode well.

Does someone need to redo their math?

Nope... Do you?

140,000/1,800,000=0.07

A 7.77% attach rate for third party at launch, which is shocking.

Doesn't that assume the games are available in all regions?
Monster Hunter, for example, is only available at the moment in Japan, and thus has an attach rate of about 30% there, which is pretty good.
Blops 2, only came out in Japan a few days ago, and we don't have sales number for it, so really you should be doing 140,000/1,400,000.

Yes it does, apologies . I should have either discounted Japan numbers or used a different title, I only picked it because it was the highest tbh.

On an unrelated note why are people getting so defensive over this? It's not like it is a surprise, first party Nintendo games almost always get massive conversion rate whilst third party does not on Nintendo consoles. Third party devs and even Nintendo have stated it iirc.

Oh and Merry Christmas. Having to travel for 3 hours on Christmas morning is not ideal!
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)
#78The_DjokerPosted 12/25/2012 4:46:32 AM
Beatperson14 posted...
Yup. Really bad attach rate for third party anything, even CoD which is surprising.

Sure is living up to the Wii name!

None of us bought a Wii U for that piece of trash game.

And as for the actual good games like AC 3 and Batman, we've all played them already.

You've played them already on superior system i know so that's why you didn't buy it. But what about the nuthuggers who haven't played them,?
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#79tidusajcxPosted 12/25/2012 5:26:06 AM
traded my ps3 blops 2 for wii u version. glad that i did too, my ps3's only use was netflix for the last 2 years. even then, im not happy with blops 2, but its A LOT more fun on wii u, to me. zombiU is good if you like survival horror. im not hating on any particular console. they all have their pros and cons. what bothers me the most is a bunch of these TROLLS and FANBOYS talking like they already know the future, lol. how about you all stfu, and for all the wii u owners, if youre looking for legit, honest opinions on games and updates, etc. go to MIIVERSE where the trolls are at a minimum. for real. you can even see who actually owns the game. let these dumb S@#ts rant all they want while theyre circle jerking in eachoters closet (i.e Gamefaqs)
#80GEKGanonPosted 12/25/2012 6:13:51 AM
That's what I bought a Wii U for. First party games.

Yeah, that is why I play Nintendo too, but that doesn't mean I'm happy missing out on third party titles. It would be one thing if I just didn't want the game and therefore didn't buy one, but on Nintendo consoles, you don't even have the option to opt out, because the game doesn't fricking exist for the console. Every third party title that skips over Nintendo is one more game I buy for another system.

Unless you can argue that Nintendo is better off for having less support than its competitors, there isn't a lot more to be said. And since it would be lunacy to make that argument in the first place, I'll just say that losing third party support is not a sustainable strategy. Nintendo has a ton of bank, but that doesn't mean they are eternally safe to lose market share.
---
Steam Name: gekganon