Do all Nintendo games have Club Nintendo coins?

#1King_of_GoatsPosted 12/24/2012 5:35:27 PM
I never bothered with Club Nintendo before, but I want the golden nunchuk when it is restocked in January. I have quite a bit of Nintendo products from the recent Wii/DS and the WiiU/3DS generations. Are all of my games eligible for this program, or are only certain games? Do games expire from eligibility?
#21shadetail1Posted 12/24/2012 5:47:08 PM
Only games that Nintendo develops or publishes give CN coins. Third-party games do not. And any game that comes with the special Club Nintendo insert can be registered. That said, really old games will not give you any coins even if you do register them. Wii games would still give you coins, but Gamecube games definitely would not.

Also, you can register your systems (Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS), and get coins for them as well.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3King_of_Goats(Topic Creator)Posted 12/24/2012 5:53:26 PM
Thank you! I noticed some of the games you get coins for downloads, but it doesn't say anything about the retail version. Does this mean the only way to get coins for that game would be to purchase the downloadable copy from the eshop?
#4Phantom_NookPosted 12/24/2012 5:53:55 PM
You're wrong, shade. I got coins from Kingdom Hearts 3D.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#5jake1413Posted 12/24/2012 6:05:05 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Only games that Nintendo develops or publishes give CN coins. Third-party games do not. And any game that comes with the special Club Nintendo insert can be registered. That said, really old games will not give you any coins even if you do register them. Wii games would still give you coins, but Gamecube games definitely would not.

Also, you can register your systems (Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DS), and get coins for them as well.

Your only partly right on the old games from the game cube not giving them, it was around the game cube time when they started the club nintendo thing I think, so not all of them have the coins but some of the later ones do. I know because I just got some coins from some of my old game cube games last year.
---
"Why do little blue midgets hit me with fish?" The Tic.
Spelling and grammar, bah whats that? I will wright how ever I want.
#6RHFPosted 12/24/2012 6:57:21 PM
Phantom_Nook posted...
You're wrong, shade. I got coins from Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Yeah Nintendo is being a lot nicer with 3DS games having coins, then they ruined it again with Wii U games.
---
For great justice! And Fruit Pies! *Official #1 supporter for Hsien-ko*
#7phineasfoolPosted 12/24/2012 10:02:13 PM
1shadetail1 posted...

All digital games give coins.
---
PSN - phineasfool GT- phineasfool NNID - phineasfool