ITT: ZombiU debate. Should I get it?

#1EstabIishedPosted 12/25/2012 10:07:25 AM
Go.go.go
---
Current Playing: Tales of the Abyss, Monster Hunter Tri
#2PsienceWinsPosted 12/25/2012 10:24:59 AM
It's probably one of the most immersive games I've ever played. I suggest it. You're really on the edge of your seat since deaths mean so much.
---
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.
#3IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/25/2012 10:25:39 AM
No, wait for the full version of DayZ if you want zombie survival horror.
#4lexussssPosted 12/25/2012 10:26:56 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
No, wait for the full version of DayZ if you want zombie survival horror.

Is it coming to WiiU?
#5STE573Posted 12/25/2012 10:30:10 AM
Decent game let down in some areas.

+Lots of innovation in the way the gamepad is used.
-Combat is unrewarding, shallow and boring.
+The game creates a great sense of tension.
-Takes itself far too seriously sometimes in detriment to the fun factor.
+Game does have replay value.
-Even with that replay value the longevity is questionable, especially given the lack of the standard competitive online that is an industry standard in FPS these days. It might last you 10 hours if you're thorough with the game. Maybe 6 if you're not and 14 if you're a big fan.

The game is ok. I had fun with it, but sometimes it felt like more if a chore than a game.

6.5/10
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Far Cry 2 (360), Kingdoms of Amalur (360), Pokemon Red (GBA), Pokemon Blue (GBA)
#6LinetrixPosted 12/25/2012 10:31:06 AM
Well TC, it's not like there are many options for the Wii U. You can either get Super Rehashed Platformer Bros or Generic FPS With Zombies.

Your choice.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#7MotiJrPosted 12/25/2012 10:45:47 AM
Awesome game that's incredibly immersive. If you're an impatient gamer who doesn't like exploration then you won't like it. I give it a solid 8. Has it's flaws but many more positives.
---
Fanboys are a cancer to gaming but Sony fanboys are a particularly aggressive and repulsive form.
#8jackorhoadsPosted 12/25/2012 10:54:21 AM
I loved it tbh, was different. Although now I've beaten it I don't have any motivation to go play it again =/ I don't trade in so I'll probably play it again at some point.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#9cavebear56Posted 12/25/2012 10:55:28 AM
Solid game.

8/10.

It's survival horror so don't go looking into it with an impressive combat system (a staple of the genre).

It's also as tedious as every other game out there, the difference between something having good gameplay and being tedious is, wait for it... if you enjoy the gameplay.

Which is why God of War is boring and tedious yet the Souls series is fun.

So if you're a fan of zombies and survival horror games (most generally aren't) then I recommend it. Otherwise I'd suggest going with Dead Island (PC version or bust) for a dungeon crawling/combat focused action horror game.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#10pikachupwnagePosted 12/25/2012 11:00:14 AM
PsienceWins posted...
It's probably one of the most immersive games I've ever played. I suggest it. You're really on the edge of your seat since deaths mean so much.

This. Its flawed but very good.
8.5/10 highly recommend
---
"There's only one legitimate reason to be doing anything, and that is for the lulz"