Unnecessary trolling and hate towards Wii U and Batman

#71libatakoPosted 12/28/2012 1:15:43 PM
Lying isn't cool...and your lying off your ass if you say the majority of the ports dont have problems... From fps drops , tearing, and pop ins.....

I've played 5 of the ports... Mass effect, assn creed, batman, cod, and darksiders... And they do have problems, they don't ALWAYS pop out but they're noticeable when they do...very noticeable
.... I don't know where the hell these people get off saying they don't experience problems with the game.
---
psn/xbl/wii u = libatako
Say sweet thing, can I buy you a fish sandwich?
#72kissdadookiePosted 12/28/2012 1:22:52 PM
libatako posted...
Lying isn't cool...and your lying off your ass if you say the majority of the ports dont have problems... From fps drops , tearing, and pop ins.....

I've played 5 of the ports... Mass effect, assn creed, batman, cod, and darksiders... And they do have problems, they don't ALWAYS pop out but they're noticeable when they do...very noticeable
.... I don't know where the hell these people get off saying they don't experience problems with the game.

They are, as you say, flat out lying. I mean, we've seen the gamut of lies including the following:

1) Arkham has issues only if you have your Wii U sitting in the vertical position (WTH KIND OF REASONING IS THIS?!?)
2) No performance hits that is noticeable (Digital Foundry basically proven that ports of DS2 and Arkham City performs considerably worse than their PS360 counterparts).
3) No performance hits at all.
4) BO2 in the single player campaign has no frame rate drops (on that rescue mission just as you run to the shore, the game drops to sub 20s and this is basically like the first chapter of the game, it's GLARINGLY obvious and smacks you in the face like as if someone smacked you in the face with a herring).
5) BO2 looks better than the 360 version (demonstratively FALSE as can be seen on the Digital Foundry Face-Off).

I mean, there's just so much lying BS about how these ports are just as good or better than their PS360 counterparts.
#73GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 1:24:39 PM
No, it's called ignorance from users like yourself whom are just going around essentially lying to yourself about the game running perfectly fine. The game REGULARLY drops into the low 20s. How is it so frequent? Because it does this pretty much any time you fight enemies and in Arkham City, you spend A LOT of time fighting groups of enemies. There's also a lot of noticeable texture and LOD pop in which is not there for the PS360 versions.

So no, it's not like these issues are rare on the Wii U version, they are commonplace and can be witnessed REGULARLY. The fact that you and others are trying to play it off as if these are hiccups that occur very rarely is absolutely RIDICULOUS.

Talk about ignorance, you clearly haven't touched the game.

I played from start to finish, I did Harley's Revenge, and I'm working on the Riddler challenges. Framerate issues either don't exist, or are so unnoticable, they are negligible. If you are correct and they do in fact drop to the low 20s, well hell, modern films are regularly run at 24FPS, so it must not be overly distracting, or I'm guessing that industry would have collapsed a century ago.

And the "noticable texture and LOD pop in" you mention. I never saw it once. NOT ONCE. So no, they aren't commonplace. The don't happen regularly. From what I've seen of these issues, or rather that I haven't seen them, I'm more inclined to believe some unfortunate individuals have defective hardware.

The point is, you have no idea what you're talking about. You read a review from eurogamer, and you are applying it across the board. Come back when your opinion isn't wildly inconsistent with reality.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#74GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 1:37:17 PM
Arkham has issues only if you have your Wii U sitting in the vertical position (WTH KIND OF REASONING IS THIS?!?)

I''ve explained this several times. The Wii U wasn't designed to sit vertically. The air flow system wasn't designed for it, nor was the disc loader. Nintendo itself said they didn't design the unit to sit vertically, because they wanted the console to appear visually different than the original Wii. Many people complaining of "Invalid disc" errors have been told to sit their units horizontally, and they report that doing so clears up their problems.

I'm not sure why you find this so unbelievable, as this is literally nothing new. The original PS2 was notorious for disc read errors, and I know plenty of people that experienced better results by turning their system.
---
#75kissdadookiePosted 12/28/2012 1:41:39 PM
GEKGanon posted...
No, it's called ignorance from users like yourself whom are just going around essentially lying to yourself about the game running perfectly fine. The game REGULARLY drops into the low 20s. How is it so frequent? Because it does this pretty much any time you fight enemies and in Arkham City, you spend A LOT of time fighting groups of enemies. There's also a lot of noticeable texture and LOD pop in which is not there for the PS360 versions.

So no, it's not like these issues are rare on the Wii U version, they are commonplace and can be witnessed REGULARLY. The fact that you and others are trying to play it off as if these are hiccups that occur very rarely is absolutely RIDICULOUS.

Talk about ignorance, you clearly haven't touched the game.

I played from start to finish, I did Harley's Revenge, and I'm working on the Riddler challenges. Framerate issues either don't exist, or are so unnoticable, they are negligible. If you are correct and they do in fact drop to the low 20s, well hell, modern films are regularly run at 24FPS, so it must not be overly distracting, or I'm guessing that industry would have collapsed a century ago.

And the "noticable texture and LOD pop in" you mention. I never saw it once. NOT ONCE. So no, they aren't commonplace. The don't happen regularly. From what I've seen of these issues, or rather that I haven't seen them, I'm more inclined to believe some unfortunate individuals have defective hardware.

The point is, you have no idea what you're talking about. You read a review from eurogamer, and you are applying it across the board. Come back when your opinion isn't wildly inconsistent with reality.

AGAIN with you outright lies. Seriously, it's ridiculous the EXTENT of the lying folks like you are going through.

Myself arguing with you is pointless, HOWEVER, you are lying and you are wrong due to this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-batman-arkham-city-wii-u-face-off

You want to prove that wrong? Then why don't you create an analysis piece that is just as comparable to that article? PLENTY of proof right there in the Face-Off article that proves you are lying.

I mean, the fact that you are claiming a drop to the low 20s (Arkham City on the Wii U REGULARLY dips to 22ish) is not noticeable is by default a complete crock of BS which PROVES your ignorance. I mean, you even lack the basic understanding of why it's ok for films to be 24p while it's not ok for a game to fluctuate regularly from 30s down to low 20s. Film is a CONSTANT FRAMERATE. Your brain will perceive it as generally smooth. A GAME FLUCTUATING FROM 30s TO LOW 20s IS INCREDIBLY NOTICEABLE! Controls end up feeling laggy. You get a juddery feel. IT IS INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS AND PERCEIVABLE.

Man, so basically, not only do you lie, but you also FAIL at understand the basic concept that wildly fluctuating framerates that goes from relatively smooth high 20s-30s down to the low 20s at a drop of a dime is FAR WORSE than just a consistent low frame rate. Heck, you don't even understand why it's ok for films to be 24p (again, CONSTANT FRAME RATE, but the judderiness and slow frame rate even in film is VERY OBVIOUS when you do a panning shot).

Man, please, continue lying to us so that I can break down the idiocy of your posts some more.
#76GEKGanonPosted 12/28/2012 1:56:50 PM
^
Whatever bro. I played the game, I beat it, and I enjoyed it. The framerate didn't turn me into a rage monster like yourself, the texture/lod pop-in didn't even occur, and as such, I have no qualms with Arkham City.

On the other hand, you don't even own it, nor do you want it, so you don't really have a horse in this race. Why you are even here is beyond me, because even if I lied and said the framerate bothered me, and even if I lied and said I experienced texture/lod pop in, and even if I said "OMG DUDE, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!" it STILL would not be enough to make you go away. What is the point of you? There isn't one. You aren't going to convince people to hate a game they enjoy, or to find fault with it when they aren't experience the same problems you read from an internet article.

I'm sorry, people like the game, people enjoy the Wii U, and it is going to continue to sell, whether you approve of the hardware or not. Swallow your salty tears and get over it.
---
#77Omega_BlackPosted 12/29/2012 4:50:58 PM(edited)
GEKGanon posted...
I''ve explained this several times. The Wii U wasn't designed to sit vertically.
Then why did Nintendo include a Nintendo branded stand accessory in the Deluxe pack? Why does it sell it separately? I guess Nintendo wants people to damage their machines, lol.

The air flow system wasn't designed for it, nor was the disc loader.
Proof? My discs load fine and my console never feels like it's overheating, even after numerous hours.

Nintendo itself said they didn't design the unit to sit vertically, because they wanted the console to appear visually different than the original Wii.
That explanation from Miyamoto, however, has everything to do with aesthetics and the Wii U's "identity" (aka the Gamepad) and nothing to do with the machine's operability.

Many people complaining of "Invalid disc" errors have been told to sit their units horizontally, and they report that doing so clears up their problems.
How many is "many"? I want to see some numbers backed by solid collection methods, not some vague quantifier.
I've had my Wii U vertical since launch.
The only issues I've had were two crashes due to the bug-filled Sonic and All-Stars and one instance of Wii mode locking up. That's it. The rest of the time, the console runs exactly as it should, slow UI and all.

The original PS2 was notorious for disc read errors, and I know plenty of people that experienced better results by turning their system.
That's because the original model PS2 had a cheap laser track assembly that could become off track or even worn down too quickly (like PS1) and a lens that was vulnerable to dirtying (like some original Wiis).

Yeah, reorienting the console might help but that was just prolonging the inevitable replacement of the entire mechanism if cleaning or resetting the track wasn't the solution.

TL;DR: Now people are blaming less than stellar ports on system orientation? Give me a freaking break, lol.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#78biomathdudePosted 12/29/2012 4:53:05 PM
I don't really want to get involved with this too much but I can relay what Nintendo told me over the phone. I called about my WiiU freezing and one of the first things they asked me was if it is in the vertical position. I thought that was a little strange because as others have said it comes with the clamps for goodness sake. Anyway I asked why he asked me that and his response was that they have identified an issue where loading a game from disk could make the system hard lock on loading screens when the system was vertical.

Anyway, nothing more I can add. Just relaying what I was told.
#79game freakozoidPosted 1/1/2013 8:15:38 PM(edited)
Omega_Black posted...
game freakozoid posted...
So you basically didn't do what I asked and don't know what you are talking about. Understandable and to be frank I saw it coming. Would have liked more out of you but that's life.

Nice dodge.

It's not really a dodge if it's spot on.
#80Jx1010(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 8:17:42 PM
biomathdude posted...
I don't really want to get involved with this too much but I can relay what Nintendo told me over the phone. I called about my WiiU freezing and one of the first things they asked me was if it is in the vertical position. I thought that was a little strange because as others have said it comes with the clamps for goodness sake. Anyway I asked why he asked me that and his response was that they have identified an issue where loading a game from disk could make the system hard lock on loading screens when the system was vertical.

Anyway, nothing more I can add. Just relaying what I was told.

More people should know about this