I'm trying to setup WiFi according to the sticky, but it keeps freezing.

#1RPGman1Posted 12/25/2012 4:13:00 PM
Twice now, I've tried to enter the settings as shown and then save my connection, but when I choose save, a loud screeching noise goes off from the console and gamepad and the system freezes, forcing me to unplug it. What exactly is the problem here?
---
JAAAYYSSOOONNN! SSSHHHAAAUUUNNNN!!!
#2RPGman1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 5:00:21 PM
So am I the only person with this specific problem? Great.
---
#3DrumguyPosted 12/25/2012 5:18:41 PM(edited)
Do you have to set it up manually?

Have you tried just searching for your Wi-Fi spot and automatically setting it up that way?

EDIT: I didn't look at the sticky, but I thought it was just for people having trouble setting it up normally?
#41shadetail1Posted 12/25/2012 5:17:24 PM
^^ ...or getting a Wii-compatible USB LAN adapter and letting it find the physical connection?
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#5RPGman1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 5:21:05 PM
Drumguy posted...
Do you have to set it up manually?

Have you tried just searching for your Wi-Fi spot and automatically setting it up that way?

EDIT: I didn't look at the sticky, but I thought it was just for people having trouble setting it up normally?

Yeah, I can find the connection manually, but it won't complete the connection for some reason, so I figured my only other option was the sticky.

I do in fact have a USB adapter, and I'm going to buy a longer Ethernet cable tomorrow and just try the wired connection. Does the Wired connection work well with the Wii U?
---
#6DrumguyPosted 12/25/2012 5:26:12 PM(edited)
What does it say when the connection doesn't establish? Sometimes that's a router setting that allow the connection to be established.
#71shadetail1Posted 12/25/2012 5:28:09 PM
RPGman1 posted...
I do in fact have a USB adapter, and I'm going to buy a longer Ethernet cable tomorrow and just try the wired connection. Does the Wired connection work well with the Wii U?

I have mine wired, and it works great. Just note that in the connection set-up, it usually defaults to automatically searching for wireless connections. If it does that, you need to manually tell it to use the wired connection.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#8RPGman1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 5:56:42 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
RPGman1 posted...

I have mine wired, and it works great. Just note that in the connection set-up, it usually defaults to automatically searching for wireless connections. If it does that, you need to manually tell it to use the wired connection.

Okay, thanks for the heads up about that. I'm going to try to get that going tomorrow. I'd rather use a Wired connection for my console anyway.
---
#9maddgamzPosted 12/25/2012 6:31:33 PM
How far away is your modem and router to the system? This is a huge factor in establishing a stable connection. I had all kinds of problems connecting then it turns out the range was the problem.
#10RPGman1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 6:59:03 PM
My router and system are in two separate rooms that are separated by a wall, but are right next to each other, I don't think distance is the problem.

Also, my Wii U is refusing to accept the wired connection, saying it can't detect my router. I have no idea why it can't detect any of my connections, even though it clearly finds my WiFi.
---