Skyward Sword...

#11GoombacrusherPosted 12/25/2012 11:14:18 PM
dart246 posted...
It's just ridiculous IMO. I literally snapped the disc in half I was getting so frustrated with being treated like a 10 y/o..

Well now we know why the game was treating you like a ten year-old

Spoilers: It's because you're ten years old
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#12Tsutarja495Posted 12/25/2012 11:14:49 PM
It was my favorite Zelda, and the controls were the reason. They felt perfectly responsive to me, and made it a great experience. It's my second favorite Wii game, due to being the one that I have played that used the Wii Remote the best, in a way that the game would not be possible without it.

I will agree with the complaints about Fi though (gameplay wise at least, I had no issues with her involvement in the story or helping out with the Harp scenes). She was terrible, I hated having her point out obvious stuff to me, or repeat things. If they feel the need to make another as bad as her, I'd at least like them to have the decency to give me the option to turn it off.
#13MathewMansonPosted 12/25/2012 11:14:55 PM
dart246 posted...
MathewManson posted...
People think their opinions are facts...

Where did anyone it was a bad game? Every person in this thread has stated that it was a bad experience for them.

ITP: A butthurt Zelda fan that doesn't understand opinions.

"is single handedly one of the worst experiences of my gaming life".

That right there is saying you think it's a bad game. What else can it possibly mean? Most people love it rather than hate it, though they're opinions. What planet are you on? Like on my post earlier, of course I needed help. Did you need help learning to tie your shoelaces? Of course you did, did you need help learning how to do multiplication and division before knowing how to do it? Of course you did. Grow up, kid.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#14MisterSmeePosted 12/25/2012 11:19:01 PM
Zelda SS almost completely killed my interest in the series.

The game felt stale, boring and tedious.
#15HeaderHogPosted 12/25/2012 11:20:53 PM
It's not the worst game. Maybe you needed to recalibrate your controller. My controls worked fine.
Although Fi is Captain Obvious most of the time, she isn't nearly as annoying as Navi.
It's hit-or-miss with everyone. You either love it, or you hate it.

Although, chances are with the Zelda cycle...
---
I used to say Waluigi sucked.
Then I took a golf ball to the knee.
#16MathewMansonPosted 12/25/2012 11:21:51 PM
HeaderHog posted...
It's not the worst game. Maybe you needed to recalibrate your controller. My controls worked fine.
Although Fi is Captain Obvious most of the time, she isn't nearly as annoying as Navi.
It's hit-or-miss with everyone. You either love it, or you hate it.

Although, chances are with the Zelda cycle...

Zelda Cycle is rather credible, though I still dislike Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#17dart246(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2012 11:25:03 PM
MathewManson posted...
dart246 posted...
MathewManson posted...
People think their opinions are facts...

Where did anyone it was a bad game? Every person in this thread has stated that it was a bad experience for them.

ITP: A butthurt Zelda fan that doesn't understand opinions.

That right there is saying you think it's a bad game. What else can it possibly mean? Most people love it rather than hate it, though they're opinions. What planet are you on? Like on my post earlier, of course I needed help. Did you need help learning to tie your shoelaces? Of course you did, did you need help learning how to do multiplication and division before knowing how to do it? Of course you did. Grow up, kid.

"worst experiences of my gaming life".

"my gaming life".

That again is my experience. Never did I say that it's a fact that it's a bad game. I said I had a bad experience. That's an opinion you uneducated wage donkey.

And there is a difference between being helped when you seek it, but constantly being bugged by Fi to repeat the same information is ridiculous. There is also the option of I don't know...teaching yourself? Shocker I know!

May you should grow up if you can't handle a little critics to a video game.
---
PSN: VisperCon; NNI: Rywins
#18Virtue777Posted 12/25/2012 11:25:59 PM
I don't think it's a bad game, but it's one of the worst in the series. That's not necessarily a bad thing though...it says a lot about the series.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#19GloryChaosPosted 12/25/2012 11:30:43 PM

When your hearts are low and the game starts beeping to let you know this, does Navi alert you that your hearts are low?
When you find a boss key and the game gives you a message telling you that the key opens a boss door, does Navi tell you that the key opens a boss door?
Does Navi do the above in every single dungeon?
Is Navi utterly useless against most bosses until you've been defeated for a while?
Does Navi repeat information to you that someone else literally just said?
Does Navi speak with a slow as molasses dialogue box that you can't skip through?
If the answer to the above was yes, then how often does she do this outside of telling you how to open a door?
When your batteries are about to die and the game puts up a little pictures of dying batteries, does Navi-oh wait.

Fi was the worst thing about Skyward Sword. As was the backtracking in all areas that weren't Lanayru Desert (the ocean was an entirely different area). The lack of exploration made me feel as though I was being laughed at. Twilight Princess had an empty world with nothing it. So in Skyward Sword...we didnt get a world at all.

I liked the game better than twilight princess for a lot of reasons. For one thing, it actually presented a challenge and the enemies weren't hitting me for 1/2 a heart of damage. I honestly liked SS. But man, did it mess up in places.

I have high hopes for the next Zelda game mainly because I'm hoping the rumors are true. And also because I am admittedly a huge fan of the music in Zelda games so far and Skyward Sword didn't dissapoint here.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#20Banjo2553Posted 12/25/2012 11:30:52 PM
I enjoyed it, thought it had some noticeable problems. I'm not sure how I'd rate it though.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz