Skyward Sword...

#710PTICSPosted 12/26/2012 2:02:56 AM
I just got the game the other day.... haven't played it yet cuz I lack a nunchuck. Got a Wii Remote Plus from Fling Smash though....
#72Lethal13Posted 12/26/2012 2:09:56 AM
I really liked it, the swordplay controls were great, sword combat felt less like hacking and slashing and more about using correct movements or you get punished.

Story and characters I also enjoyed. Especially Groose and Ghirahim, the touches of humour were nice.
I thought the music was quite great as well. Enjoyed skyloft.

Things i didn't like though

-the overworld design where the sky was basically a hub
-Tentalus
-the final boss lack of a second form
-the harp was bad instrument

errr nothing else really I had a lot of fun with it, though

I think the next zelda will be the best one yet
#73SMASHKING84Posted 12/26/2012 2:29:33 AM
I got disagree the combat is more hacking and slash then you think. Hell Every time i beat a boss i always used some kinda of random gestures.

the first ghirahim fight was the only fight that ever gave me trouble,and that was just the first time...

That's my other problem with this game's control it's not just inaccurate but you can still beat almost every enemy in the game the same way you would the enemies in tp wii.

Sure you may have had to land one accurate blow during a fight but after that blow you can spam attacks easily. Anyone claiming i'm a liar i can prove it.(just not right now as i have no acess to a computer)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#74Someguy_13Posted 12/26/2012 2:41:53 AM
Skyward Sword is tied for the best in the series with the Oracles.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#75dekeanatorPosted 12/26/2012 2:42:11 AM
So, the only major bone that I had to pick with this game is the harp. It fell flat compared to all the other instruments. The ocarina felt nice when you played it, so did the wind waker. This one is basically "Oh, I can keep a tempo."
#76MathewMansonPosted 12/26/2012 2:42:32 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Again, Skyward Sword is easily the worst Zelda title other than the CDi games. This isn't a "oh Zelda cycle hahahah!" thing, it's an actual "this game is the worst in its series" moment. Nintendo really needs to gut Aonuma's group and start fresh.

Stop trying to pass your opinion off as fact. I personally enjoyed SS and think it was great. Twilight Princess is my least liked 3D Zelda.

Can you please tell me what you thought was great about it...?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/reviews/review-152392
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#77Frozenx07Posted 12/26/2012 2:42:39 AM
I'm always surprised when I read threads like this. It makes me feel like I was playing a different game than everyone else. I loved Skyward Sword. This is the only game where I actually liked motion controls. I found them to be really responsive. I liked the story, gameplay, graphics, music, characters, etc.

I agree with some of negativity though. Navi was horrible. I think we can all agree with that. There should have been an option to shut her off. The constant beeping when your life is low was really unnecessary. The last boss fight was very disappointing.

Overall, I prefer 2D Zelda. The 3D games haven't had the level of difficulty that I'm used to. I wish Nintendo would make a new retro Zelda series, like New Super Mario Bros. It's desperately needed for people who grew up playing Zelda.
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk
John Atlantis 0132-8718-5558
#78IcecreamdunwichPosted 12/26/2012 2:46:07 AM
Again, Skyward Sword is easily the worst Zelda title other than the CDi games. This isn't a "oh Zelda cycle hahahah!" thing, it's an actual "this game is the worst in its series" moment. Nintendo really needs to gut Aonuma's group and start fresh.

Stop trying to pass your opinion off as fact. I personally enjoyed SS and think it was great. Twilight Princess is my least liked 3D Zelda.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/960633-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword/reviews/review-152392

You aren't MiraiLink.
#79Lethal13Posted 12/26/2012 2:49:11 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
I got disagree the combat is more hacking and slash then you think. Hell Every time i beat a boss i always used some kinda of random gestures.

the first ghirahim fight was the only fight that ever gave me trouble,and that was just the first time...

That's my other problem with this game's control it's not just inaccurate but you can still beat almost every enemy in the game the same way you would the enemies in tp wii.

Sure you may have had to land one accurate blow during a fight but after that blow you can spam attacks easily. Anyone claiming i'm a liar i can prove it.(just not right now as i have no acess to a computer)

Well boss battles you are correct there aren't many boss battle which require precise sword movements. Apart from the Ghirahim ones.

but 90% of the time i hack and slash an enemy blocks it and then whacks me,

I will also say that when i've played it the controls have always been very accurate but this seems to vary from person to person
#80MathewMansonPosted 12/26/2012 2:50:54 AM

You aren't MiraiLink.

I know, though you'd probably want my opinion seeing I liked the game.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.