Skyward Sword...

#91BakuryukunPosted 12/26/2012 3:37:29 AM
Meh, I thought it was fine, though I do think Fi is the worst assistant character in the series. The Motion controls on the whole worked fine for me, I liked the areas and dungeons and appreciated how they were designed with backtracking in mind with lots of shortcuts , but I would've liked more of them and less of the weird mandatory side-quest stuff like the the Tad Tones. The Link and Zelda from this game are some of my favorite versions of the characters. Overall it was alright, not the best, but not bad by any means.
#92BTipsPosted 12/26/2012 4:12:25 AM
I'm stil looking forward to buying it in January, complaints be damned!
---
PSN BTips_ /GT: Prototype BTips/NNID: GamerBTips (message me on GF if you want to add)
FC: 1075 - 2163 - 7707
#93MathewMansonPosted 12/26/2012 4:14:49 AM
What confuses me is that how the mods do not think this isn't off topic.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#94TalentedMPosted 12/26/2012 4:17:59 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Never said I didn't play them, I said he could live quite well without playing them as they aren't the series fans make it seem like. Lrn2red

You responded as if you were answering my question yourself and not for him. As it wasn't he who said "Quite well" and it was you who was implying without actually knowing as it was your opinion and not his. You should have said "I assume quite well." or "I am sure he lives quite well." Not imply that you know how he lives or answer the question for him.

I can read.. "Quite well".

Learn sentence structure before responding in a discussion. If this were a verbal discussion the same mistake would have been made, as I would have thought you were speaking for yourself and not for someone else.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#95Lethal13Posted 12/26/2012 5:05:51 AM
GloryChaos posted...
I quit playing Zelda when I was handed a controller.

So you haven't played any Zelda games at all!? My god! How do you live!

Quite well, actually. Zelda is not the best series ever, despite what some users may think.

Really, you never even gave it a shot? Good on you mate.

Played each title in the series, actually.

How could you play each title when you quit when you were handed a controller??? WHAT sorcery is this did you control link with your MIIIIIIND??
#96GloryChaosPosted 12/26/2012 7:47:47 AM(edited)
libatako posted...
I kinda agree with dart on this one....controls were really hit or miss on this one. There was a time when Zelda games were......challenging, but clearly after playing SS...that doesn't apply anymore.

Zelda games stopped being challenging after Majora's Mask. Unless Dark Lod Ganondorf was somehow a challenging final boss.

As for someone saying that Fi solved everything for you...she didn't. She may have opened your cloth for you automatically whenever you descended to the ground, but Fi was utterly useless when it came to actual puzzles.

Anyway, my first post in this topic is an obvious joke. Read the whole thing.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#97NettoSaitoPosted 12/26/2012 7:48:24 AM
I completely disagree with the control thing. It has never NOT worked for me, and all you have to do is flick your wrist to get Link to slash in the direction you want; you don't have to swing your arm around. I felt this gives you a lot more control over what is going on in the game, and it made fights so much easier; however that doesn't mean the game is perfect.

I liked the flying, I liked the sky diving, I liked the main town, and I liked the crafting system, but that's it. The levels were boring, they made you replay them about 4-5 times each, and not much really happened later on in the game. Basically they just make you fight that stupid annoying boss over and over again, and make you back track just to make the game longer.

Game started out good, but slowly declined. IMO, Wind Waker, and Minish Cap were the last good Zelda games. TP ended up being pretty boring as well.... Although it had an amazing Castle Town, but the huge world was filled with nothing with no exploration what so ever.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#98SMASHKING84Posted 12/26/2012 2:32:44 PM
Lol at calling ww a good "zelda" game please remind me,how many zelda games had you traveling on a boat before,windwaker?

Before you ask tp wasn't the first zelda game were link was turned in a animal,and besides you are only FORCED to use it for te first 1/3 of the game. windwaker forces the boat mechanic down your throat the entire game.

Not to mention the boat only let you travel to point a to b and you never were allowed to get out of the boat unless you were already at an island. the wolf link idea again stopped forcing itself on you after you got the master sword.

If you like ww fine but the reason you like it is because it's gameplay is not like other zelda games. The story may have been zelda like the characters maybe as well but the gameplay isn't.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.
#99GoombacrusherPosted 12/26/2012 3:05:06 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
Lol at calling ww a good "zelda" game please remind me,how many zelda games had you traveling on a boat before,windwaker?

How many Zelda games before OoT had you travel on a horse?
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#100SMASHKING84Posted 12/26/2012 3:27:00 PM
you never were forced to use epona. Please fo explain to me how horse back riding doesn't fit zelda when it's especially a midevil fantasy.

Last time i checked lord of the rings never center an entire book on naticaul adventure.
I wouldn't even care about the boat if it were for the fact it ruined the exploration. By making it only possible to actually explore 12 areas on the map.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon ppl who agree:3
Pokemon Black 2 [OU rules player] Rosa:4170-2970-6954 PM Me if you add me.