Still don't get how Nintendo couldn't see the Wii U naming scheme being a fumble

#11Nok_Su_KowPosted 12/26/2012 7:53:38 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
I assume because it wasn't a problem with:

Nintendo Entertainment System to Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Gameboy to Gameboy Colour to Gameboy Advance
Nintendo DS to Nintendo 3DS

They didn't see Wii to Wii U being a legitimate concern.

I see each and every one of those being a noticeable improvement on their predecessors, just in name alone. The Gamecube is self descriptive, the Wii had its odd name going for it. The Wii U has none of this helping it and I can see how it comes across as a mere peripheral for the Wii at first glance.
#12TheFallenPriestPosted 12/26/2012 8:13:09 PM
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

They didn't see Wii to Wii U being a legitimate concern.

I see each and every one of those being a noticeable improvement on their predecessors, just in name alone. The Gamecube is self descriptive, the Wii had its odd name going for it. The Wii U has none of this helping it and I can see how it comes across as a mere peripheral for the Wii at first glance.

You really didnt pay attention.

why should they think Wii to Wii U will go unnoticed?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64999261/728682650 Xeeh_Blitz says Wii U Controller Rattling is worse than XBox RROD, Troll status confirmed.
#13Nok_Su_KowPosted 12/26/2012 8:41:45 PM
Probably because it doesn't do enough to separate itself in name.
#14spartansbrotherPosted 12/30/2012 10:41:15 PM
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
Probably because it doesn't do enough to separate itself in name.

ds

3ds

they're both just adding one letter or number
---
*wipes brown*
#15mmarksterPosted 12/30/2012 10:52:32 PM
Cause people lack common sense.
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
#16ElectricMolePosted 12/30/2012 11:33:28 PM
Super Wii would indicate a noticeable change in hardware.

Adding a U after 'wii' isn't as noticeable. It only makes a person sound like they're imitating a police car siren.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, PSN: kronekodow7188
#17NarutoPosted 12/30/2012 11:41:16 PM
I was at Walmart today and there was a Nintendo rep explaining to a family that the Wii mini can play their ol' Wii games, but not the Wii U games. The store was out of Wii Us, but those minis were placed on the shelf underneath the Wii U games.

PyjamaHero posted...
I actually agree. I had to convince my mom Super Nintendo was not at all the same as my regular nes.

Really? The consoles looked really different, especially with those rectangular controllers to the rounded SNES.
#18BoosterBurstPosted 12/31/2012 12:07:45 AM
ElectricMole posted...
Super Wii would indicate a noticeable change in hardware.

Adding a U after 'wii' isn't as noticeable. It only makes a person sound like they're imitating a police car siren.

this

and to the purple stating

Nintendo entertainment system

super Nintendo entertainment system

that additional word is a huge name change. u is hardly noticeable. I have always hated the wii name, but Wii 2 would have been better. however, they should just drop the stupid Wii name and go back to Nintendo name
#19AkaneJonesPosted 12/31/2012 12:44:38 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...

Actually a bunch of stupid people thought it was just a DS with 3D. Because people are stupid and all those Apple iPhone alliterations with no visible differences. Now people don't understand hardware alliterations. I'm betting that's why Sony went and changed theirs to Vita instead of PSP2. This never used to be a problem even with things like Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Light, Gameboy Colour, & Super Gameboy. Apparently the mass market has become stupid the last 6 years.
#20SPDShadowRangerPosted 12/31/2012 12:48:33 AM(edited)
NES > SNES
GB > GBC > GBA
DS > 3DS
PS > PS2 > PS3
Xbox > X360