Are there any RPGs on the Wii U or coming out for it?

#21Virtue777Posted 12/26/2012 4:11:29 AM
spealfan444 posted...
Virtue777 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Virtue777 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...
Nope. Just get a 360/PS3/Vita if you want good RPG's.

Vita? I miss something?

Also, it's pretty hard to call any of the JRPGs that came out this gen "good." I mean, if you have incredibly low standards, sure. But I think we can all agree that the best JRPG of this gen is Xenoblade, and that was on the Wii.

Persona 4 and Dark Souls destroy Xenoblade.

If you consider Dark Souls a JRPG, sure, I'll agree with you. Most people don't though.

Persona 4 is last gen. If you want to count a port, cool, w/e, I don't.

Xenoblade is by far the best JRPG to be released this gen. It blows away Tales of Vesperia, Tales of Graces f, and Final Fantasy XIII.

What about TWEWY?
It was easily one of the most imaginative JRPGs this gen.

TWEWY definitely was innovative. I hated it, personally. But I don't bash it, because objectively it's a pretty good game. Just not my style, I suppose.
---
Coolest guy/gal on the planet: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#22OtakuGameraPosted 12/26/2012 4:12:40 AM
Then be more specific next time.

there are certain things that doesnt need to be spelled out
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#23Beatperson14Posted 12/26/2012 4:23:18 AM
There's only like three or four scheduled games... You couldn't just glance at the list?
#24Pesmerga255(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 4:27:34 AM
I was just wondering if there were any RPGs that didn't have solid release dates.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!
#25Lethal13Posted 12/26/2012 5:24:00 AM
Well aparently

Mistwalker and Monolith Soft areboth making games for Wii U and they are probably RPGS i read somewhere that they were confirmed to be so but i can't be sure.

Umm Dragon Quest X though an MMO doesn't appeal to me

Though i'll add my Support behind TWEWY I freaking love that game :D
#26monkeypahngPosted 12/26/2012 5:32:37 AM
Buretsu posted...
Virtue777 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...

Vita? I miss something?

Yeah, they've got that enhanced port of one of the PS2's best RPGs.

Yeah... Want a console with numerous RPGs get a console that has one notable RPG that is a port.

Anyway, get either a PSP or DS since RPGs have been moving to the handhelds and they're the consoles you want (more the DS) if you want RPGs.

Or if you understand Japanese get the PSP as there are quite a lot of RPGs getting released next year for it.
---
The console with the greater spec generally loses.
FC: 1719-3458-5336 Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang
#27allchiefedupPosted 12/26/2012 6:35:51 AM
Wow... more hate for Xenoblade than I was expecting. I haven't played it, but all I've heard about it (until this thread) were great things. The Last Story was also a great RPG.
#28DTY3Posted 12/26/2012 6:59:54 AM
DS is still king of jRPGs
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#29NettoSaitoPosted 12/26/2012 7:33:01 AM
Buretsu posted...
Virtue777 posted...
SubZeroChief23 posted...

Vita? I miss something?

Yeah, they've got that enhanced port of one of the PS2's best RPGs.

Not only that, it has access to 100s of great PSP and PSOne RPGs as well. Although, the PSP has access to them also, along with quite a few other great RPGs which still aren't up for download.

Anyway for the Wii U.......... Monster Hunter, Zelda (if you consider it an RPG), Fire Emblem, and Ninja Gaiden has some RPG elements as well. None of them are flat out standard RPGs though.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#30Pesmerga255(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 8:22:24 AM
allchiefedup posted...
Wow... more hate for Xenoblade than I was expecting. I haven't played it, but all I've heard about it (until this thread) were great things. The Last Story was also a great RPG.

I've never actually played The Last Story. I'll have to pick it up at some point if I ever get a Wii again.
---
I JUST KEEP BURNNING LOVE!