After hearing so many people whine about the system's wait times...

#1soothsayer77Posted 12/26/2012 6:51:23 AM
I was pleasantly surprised tonight after getting my Wii U and messing with it pretty much all night that I wasn't bothered by that stuff at all. The wait times for apps to load up and stuff really didn't seem that much more than average, and the system can actually do some impressive stuff with allowing you to run multiple things at once. (Miiverse and browser in games and apps, ect.)

The only one that seemed peculiar to me was the wait time for the system settings, cause it just seems weird to have to wait for something like that. But it still didn't bother me, and it's not like I'll be goin there all the time anyway. It was just weird.
#2NiftyManZPosted 12/26/2012 6:58:36 AM
1st world problems is what it is.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#3Rasputin77Posted 12/26/2012 7:02:53 AM
That's funny... I heard people "complain" about the wait times.

I guess it's "whine" when you don't agree with it, but "complain" when it's warranted, right? ;)
---
Fun game: Find a Wii U thread on GameFAQs where the word "troll" isn't typed by post #10. Good luck.
"TL;DR" = My parents; failed me.
#4Pkshootout13Posted 12/26/2012 7:08:28 AM
Kids these days apparently never had dial up so anything over 5 seconds makes them feel like they will die of old age which is why they're whining and complaining. I have no complaints about it. Could it be faster? Yes. Does it NEED to be faster? Honestly no. I have no problems with it
---
Gt: PkShootout13 NNID: PkShootout13
Feel free to send me a friend request or add me through miiverse!
#5kuragari1anonlyPosted 12/26/2012 7:09:18 AM
1st world problems is what it is.

This
This so hard
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#6abbeldydooPosted 12/26/2012 7:11:42 AM
Nintendo is working on improving loading times.I assume they meant for the OS even though the article i read kinda used the word games.
---
Don't mod me bro!
NNID-Abbeldydoo
#7soothsayer77(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2012 3:15:54 PM
Rasputin77 posted...

I guess it's "whine" when you don't agree with it, but "complain" when it's warranted, right? ;)

I didn't mean it like that. They do take a little time, and if people have complaints about that it's normal. I'm just saying that I was surprised that it honestly doesn't bother me.
#8Gravemaker15Posted 12/26/2012 5:23:10 PM
It's just that some people have more patience for the wait times then those who want everything to quickly load and have no load times. Those people need to relies this ain't a high speed tablet or smart phone and besides I bet they have never used dial up internet in their lives before.
#9banzaiheilPosted 12/26/2012 8:48:54 PM
Gravemaker15 posted...
It's just that some people have more patience for the wait times then those who want everything to quickly load and have no load times. Those people need to relies this ain't a high speed tablet or smart phone and besides I bet they have never used dial up internet in their lives before.

Or maybe some of us were there for dial-up, saw things improve and improve, with internet speeds, computers, and consoles getting faster and faster, and found it a bit jarring when the newest console was slower than it's predecessor.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#10pbandjamesPosted 12/26/2012 8:56:20 PM
soothsayer77 posted...
Rasputin77 posted...

I didn't mean it like that. They do take a little time, and if people have complaints about that it's normal. I'm just saying that I was surprised that it honestly doesn't bother me.

Oh don't worry about Rasputin, he's a hit-and-run pessimistic and sarcastic poster who thinks he's better than other posters here, when in a hilarious twist, he's the epitome of the negative ideals he criticizes.
---
Game news is the best news.