Honestly what's the point of buying the basic set if ...

#11MathewMansonPosted 12/26/2012 10:00:06 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
MathewManson posted...
Are you really that simple? It's called "basic" for a reason. It's for casuals.

What the hell does it being called basic have to do with that model being for casuals? It comes with less stuff than the Deluxe. That's it.

Exactly. Casual players aren't going to care much about anything other than playing a game every now and then...hence why they're called "casuals".
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#12NiftyManZPosted 12/26/2012 10:02:10 AM
Nintendoland is a casual game, just like wii sports. That's what it is meant to be. Your logic is very odd.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#13MathewMansonPosted 12/26/2012 10:03:46 AM
NiftyManZ posted...
Nintendoland is a casual game, just like wii sports. That's what it is meant to be. Your logic is very odd.

Games cannot be casual...only players can. My logic makes complete sense if you're rational. It matches up with the definition of casual and core.
---
#14StrangerAeonsPosted 12/26/2012 10:06:41 AM
You're completely ignoring the actual, used definitions of "casual" and "hardcore" in reference to video games and making up your own. You don't get to do that and still sound like you have any idea what you're talking about.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/ColdStatic/fs_overall.png http://i.imgur.com/Namtt.jpg
#15MathewMansonPosted 12/26/2012 10:08:02 AM
StrangerAeons posted...
You're completely ignoring the actual, used definitions of "casual" and "hardcore" in reference to video games and making up your own. You don't get to do that and still sound like you have any idea what you're talking about.

There is no "actual" definition as everybody seems to have a different opinion on it. Based on the actual word-meanings--logically I am correct.
---
#16EnVy_CaLiBeRPosted 12/26/2012 10:11:52 AM
MathewManson posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
MathewManson posted...

What the hell does it being called basic have to do with that model being for casuals? It comes with less stuff than the Deluxe. That's it.

Exactly. Casual players aren't going to care much about anything other than playing a game every now and then...hence why they're called "casuals".

One could a play a game every now and then with the Deluxe set if they were to buy it. Hell, if someone wanted to play a game every now and then, Nintendo Land would be perfect since it's nothing but a collection of mini games. So again, what the hell does the Basic model being named basic have to do with it being for casuals when the only difference in the boxes is that one comes with more and the other comes with less along with the color?
---
Nintendo Network ID (Wii U): EnVy_CaLiBeR (PSN): EnVy_CaLIBeR (360 GT): EnVyXCaLIBeR
Now playing: Dishonored, AC3, Gears of War 3, H4, Black Ops II, Dark Souls
#17MathewMansonPosted 12/26/2012 10:14:03 AM
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
MathewManson posted...
EnVy_CaLiBeR posted...
MathewManson posted...

One could a play a game every now and then with the Deluxe set if they were to buy it. Hell, if someone wanted to play a game every now and then, Nintendo Land would be perfect since it's nothing but a collection of mini games. So again, what the hell does the Basic model being named basic have to do with it being for casuals when the only difference in the boxes is that one comes with more and the other comes with less along with the color?

Well of course, that's the exception. If basic was in black and premium/deluxe was white, I would have went with basic and picked up the other s*** separately. The focus with the basic package points towards the casual player. One who will buy a disc every now and then and not use up much of the little to nothing memory after the update.
---
#18NeojianXPosted 12/26/2012 10:15:14 AM
Some place won't buy it based on the collector's set now days. They will buy it in parts anyway.

Then put it back together and sell it as the collector's set for almost the full new bundle price. : )
---
James Bond 007 in Never Say Never Heineken AND You Only Live Miller High Life .... Twice. : )
#19NiftyManZPosted 12/26/2012 10:17:09 AM
Why can games not be casual? Or do you want me to rephrase to "why can't games target the casual gamer?"
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)