ZombiU, Sonic Racing, or Nintendo Land? Need opinions

#1cdogg3Posted 12/26/2012 12:44:41 PM(edited)
I'm trying to decide on my first Wii-U game.

ZombiU looks like a lot of fun with a cool atmosphere, and seems like it makes good use of the gamepad. It seems like it might get repetitive after a while though. Does it have good replay value? Is it worth getting after already playing Dead Island?

Sonic Racing is great. I really like the demo, but I heard the online is dead. Is this true? If so, I'll stick with MK7.

Nintendo Land is kind of looking like the most fun to me, especially the metroid and zelda parts (love wii motion+ sword fighting), but no online multiplayer is kind of a put off. Is this game still fun playing mostly single player?
#2Lemmywinks13Posted 12/26/2012 12:45:48 PM
Wow this is a tough question as these are three of my favorite games on the system so far. They are all great for different reasons. I just started playing Sonic Racing last night and it blows away my expectations for it. There is a ton of stuff to do and unlock, I'm not even worried about online being dead or not as there is plenty to do and I'm not huge on racing random people anyways.

Zombi U is probably your best single player experience. Possibly the scariest game I've ever played, it's very tense. Just don't expect a run and gun action game and I don't see how you can not enjoy this one.

Nintendo Land is brilliant for multiplayer, and really good for single player. Much more depth than it seems initially. It would probably be my last choice of these three if you are primarily playing single player though.
#3ZBEPosted 12/26/2012 12:48:54 PM
Even if you only have one friend, Nintendoland is A LOT of fun. I've played it mostly by myself, and enjoying it.
#4TCaC04Posted 12/26/2012 12:53:24 PM
This is a tough one. I played and enjoy all 3. All 3 are really good games and you can get lost in them for hours.

The online maybe dead for Sonic but if you have a few friends that have the game, then it will be much more fun. I race with my friends whenever we all have the time.

Nintendoland is a lot of fun. It is fun solo and even more fun with more people. The more the merrier.

ZombiU is a really good game in my honest opinion. I enjoyed it (still playing it) and it makes great use of the GamePad. I highly recommend trying the demo once it is out for this game.

Overall, it comes down to personal use. All 3 have their strengths and weaknesses. Choose which one you will like the most. But it is a tough decision.
---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4
#5Dionex247Posted 12/26/2012 12:53:34 PM
Nintendo Land is a bunch of mini-games that are not fully fleshed out. It's very bare and simple and u may find urself bored quickly. In the metroid minigame, all u do is shoot at the target circle on each enemy. U do this over n over n over.

I wouldnt buy a game that has no purpose other than to let time go by.

Sonic Racing is worse than MK due to handling and buggy online. People say the game is too fast and there is too much going on in the obstacles.

ZombiU gets repetitive according to Gamespot. They noted that every time u swing an enemy, u hear the same sound from ur character and it gets annoying. The enemies are also repetitive and the graphics were a disappointment.

I would get ZombiU > Sonic > Nintendo Land

But I would get none for now and wait for price drop
#6Lemmywinks13Posted 12/26/2012 12:55:25 PM
Dionex247 posted...
Nintendo Land is a bunch of mini-games that are not fully fleshed out. It's very bare and simple and u may find urself bored quickly. In the metroid minigame, all u do is shoot at the target circle on each enemy. U do this over n over n over.

I wouldnt buy a game that has no purpose other than to let time go by.

Sonic Racing is worse than MK due to handling and buggy online. People say the game is too fast and there is too much going on in the obstacles.

ZombiU gets repetitive according to Gamespot. They noted that every time u swing an enemy, u hear the same sound from ur character and it gets annoying. The enemies are also repetitive and the graphics were a disappointment.

I would get ZombiU > Sonic > Nintendo Land

But I would get none for now and wait for price drop

I know this is all opinions and stuff....but I would STRONGLY recommend ignoring this guys opinions.
#7nintendo3000Posted 12/26/2012 1:03:57 PM
Sonic Says: Buy Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed.
---
Karma hit 666 at 9/5/11
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!